Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fighters on bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fighters on bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fighters on bases - 1/12/2014 9:29:49 PM   
gigan

I love fighters like mad. Gets my imagination goin' you know.

Problem is I can't seem to launch them all at once from mines like you can at bases...

They launch when the station is directly attacked but will not launch to help other system targets.

When they are launched they help defend the whole system.

Any Ideas?

Sex in space is not just a good idea, it's survival.
Post #: 1
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/13/2014 6:46:24 AM   
Canute0

The probleme are mining stations are owned by the private sector not by you.
But when you don't got tons of fighter on a station, you can select the fighter straight and give him the launch comand, but you need to do this for each fighter.
Stupidly the station only launch their fighter when they attacked directly.

(in reply to gigan)
Post #: 2
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/13/2014 7:41:13 AM   
Deathball

The private sector targeting is kinda broken anyway. I've had mining bases get attacked by space monsters wait right until that giant kaltor munched on their command center before firing their missiles. If an enemy is directly attacking a civilian station they should retaliate right away.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 3
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/13/2014 7:45:01 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deathball

The private sector targeting is kinda broken anyway. I've had mining bases get attacked by space monsters wait right until that giant kaltor munched on their command center before firing their missiles. If an enemy is directly attacking a civilian station they should retaliate right away.

+1

Darkspire

(in reply to Deathball)
Post #: 4
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/13/2014 3:39:36 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

+1

Darkspire

Allow me to agree 100%

+1

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 5
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/13/2014 3:40:05 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

To be fair you can get the jump on space monsters too.They sometimes do not react very well to being attacked either.

(in reply to Deathball)
Post #: 6
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/14/2014 4:50:38 AM   
elanaagain

one thing that I have found helps my private (and state) sector bases defense is changing the weapons range in the design screen. For bases I always change the range to 'all weapons' for both ranges. The default is 'point blank,' which means the base sits there and watches the enemy / monster close in before firing, even when the base has longer range weapons. I have also discovered that you can access the design window for an already in use design, and change these same two settings, acknowledge the dialog window that says you cant change a currently in use design, and then change the weapons range, save it, and all those designs will adopt the 'new' policy. I have now idea if that would affect when fighters are launched from private base.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/14/2014 7:22:19 AM   
Canute0

I did try that allready, but that has no influcence on the fighter launch problem.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 8
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/16/2014 8:36:14 PM   
gigan

I hope they fix this. They should launch Fighters as soon as enemy get into the system.

Sex in space is not just a good idea, it's survival.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 9
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/16/2014 11:07:37 PM   
JCVocke

I would add that not only should fighters launch as soon as a hostile target is spotted, but that fighters should periodically launch even in peace time, do a small patrol, and then return to base.

(in reply to gigan)
Post #: 10
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 2:24:30 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JCVocke

I would add that not only should fighters launch as soon as a hostile target is spotted, but that fighters should periodically launch even in peace time, do a small patrol, and then return to base.

Once the bases fighter bays are built just manually pre-launch all Fighters. They will stay swarming around from then on until you either upgrade the bays or Fighters.

(in reply to JCVocke)
Post #: 11
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 12:18:55 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

quote:

quote:

+1

Darkspire

Allow me to agree 100%

+1

+3

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 12
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 1:47:30 PM   
Darkspire

I was playing with the Design Templates and in a light bulb moment thought putting assault pods on mines would help the defense, all well and good till I end up with pirate raider fleets all being captured before they can land a pod, now I have to chase the dam things about making sure there retiring and not doing something they shouldn't.

Back to the drawing board on that one and change the AP's for Fighter Bays and see what havoc that causes, Fighters seem to be immune to AOE weapons, not so sure about Anti Gravity ones but we shall see what happens.

Darkspire

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 13
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 6:12:19 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

I was playing with the Design Templates and in a light bulb moment thought putting assault pods on mines would help the defense, all well and good till I end up with pirate raider fleets all being captured before they can land a pod, now I have to chase the dam things about making sure there retiring and not doing something they shouldn't.

Back to the drawing board on that one and change the AP's for Fighter Bays and see what havoc that causes, Fighters seem to be immune to AOE weapons, not so sure about Anti Gravity ones but we shall see what happens.

Darkspire

I just go to the Unit Menu, select Military for example, sort by Role, and then scroll down quickly doing a quick visual check for icons that aren't like the others. You can then glance over and see if it is on Retire or not and if not retire from that menu, and continue scrolling.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 14
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 6:35:55 PM   
Deathball

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

quote:

Darkspire

I just go to the Unit Menu, select Military for example, sort by Role, and then scroll down quickly doing a quick visual check for icons that aren't like the others. You can then glance over and see if it is on Retire or not and if not retire from that menu, and continue scrolling.

Better yet, sort by firepower. That way all the pirate ships will be grouped together.

Post #: 15
RE: Fighters on bases - 1/17/2014 6:38:52 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

I just go to the Unit Menu, select Military for example, sort by Role, and then scroll down quickly doing a quick visual check for icons that aren't like the others.

Faster way is Military and sort by firepower, all the pirates end up in more or less the same place then, top or bottom after a few tech levels. Sometimes they don't retire as per Policy settings and end up patrolling somewhere and I much prefer the research bonuses then a refit. Fighter bays on the mines is next, a few tests this afternoon look promising

Darkspire

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fighters on bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI