Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Replay speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> PBEM Replay speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Replay speed - 1/5/2014 5:40:17 AM   
baldbrother

Is there any way to slow down the PBEM replay turn that happens when you take your next turn ? I tend to lose the plot a bit - especially after a break.
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/5/2014 11:03:16 AM   
cbelva

There has been a lot of work done on the VCR replay that will be seen in the next patch. The VCR replay is not perfect yet, but it is getting close and better. Slowing it down is something that has been done. Also, we have added a pause button to the feature so that you can pause the action at any point for whatever reason. I have not tested this feature yet, but I believe you can also rewind to the beginning if you missed something and want to see it again. I am not saying it has a rewind button where you can rewind a few seconds and play over and over, I believe it just starts it from the beginning of the play. I will check out that feature and report back just to make sure I am getting it correct.

(in reply to baldbrother)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/13/2014 6:54:13 PM   
Paulus Pak

I want to complain about VCR too. As for me, currently VCR is completely unreadable. And I don't see a pause button. For me it would be perfect if:
1 - VCR speed was the same as "normal" game resolution
2 - VCR speed could be altered in options

Pawel
A wargamer from Poland

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/13/2014 9:20:08 PM   
cbelva

My comments were relating to what is coming in the next patch. You won't find the pause button with the current version. It will be in the patch that is due to be released soon.

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/15/2014 11:29:32 AM   
Blas de Lezo

Hi!
I'm playing two games by PBEM++, and after we have to ditch one of the game due to the bug that gets you always in the set up phase, I have to say that I really like the game.... but VCR needs some care and attention:

A) as you have said it has to be passable at any time....
B) the player should be able to see unit data in any time (FOW rules still applying), I mean, if I select a unit I would have to be able to see (not to change) the units orders, status and so on....
C) I have the impression that sometimes the system looses one resolution phase entirely, since playing PBEM++ I'm unable to save any game, If you need I can set up a bogus normal PBEM and check the continuity in the resolution phases...

Keep up the great job

Saludos

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/15/2014 11:52:02 AM   
cbelva

Blas de Lezo,

PBEM++ and the VCR replay has been given a lot of care and attention in the upcoming patch. I can't say that we have found every single bug and that none will appear after the patch, but we have tried to get all the ones that have been reported to us. I have played several PBEM++ testing the bug fixes and have found that it is playing pretty good right now. I personally think PBEM++ is the hardest part of the game to fix because it takes two people working together to play the game in order to seek out the bugs and then to make sure that they were fixed. Everyone helps has been very important in doing this and I want to thank everyone who has been playing and reporting problems. I would recommend that everyone wait until after the patch and then if you find something, let us know and please provide a detailed explanation along with saved games and pictures demonstrating the problem.

Regarding your three comments:

A) I am not sure what you mean
B) In the option section before you start you scenario you to select the option that allows you to browse enemy units that you can see. You will be able to see the unit's orders, status and such in the UDP panel.
C) Not sure exactly what you mean. There was a bug that did seem to skip some players orders phase, but it was found and fixed in the upcoming patch. I am not sure what you mean that you can't save any game since playing PBEM++. That is something I have not heard. If you could provide more info on this it would be helpful.

(in reply to Blas de Lezo)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/15/2014 3:30:52 PM   
Blas de Lezo

Sorry, as you can "read" English is not my native language....

A) I was meaning "pausable" and the IOS corrected did the rest.....
B) OK!, I think I explained myself ver poorly... I was trying to say that during the resolution phase the player should be able to browse at least his own units (probably the resolution phase should be paused for this). For instance I'm in the middle of a 35 minutes resolution phase, one of my units has suffered a bombardment and then several attacks from a tank enemy unit.... in that moment I want to know what is the status of my unit and just what orders is carrying on...(of course I can't change anything...)
C) Maybe I'm wrong.... as I said I'm playing a PBEM ++ game so I don't have saves for the previous phases.... I will be watching the time and if I see anything strange I will post it.

Thanks for your quick answer

Best

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/15/2014 3:50:26 PM   
cbelva

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
A) As I said before, the ability to pause the VCR replay in is the next build
B) You can pause now during the turn resolution. Click the same button that you pressed to start the resolution phase. I believe it says "Pause" on the button during turn resolution phase. You can then click on your units to see their status. When you are ready to continue just click on it again.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Blas de Lezo)
Post #: 8
RE: PBEM Replay speed - 1/15/2014 9:30:45 PM   
Blas de Lezo

Sure it does!

Thanks a lot

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> PBEM Replay speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI