Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loving the Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Loving the Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loving the Game - 2/23/2014 2:44:01 PM   
Guzz

Hi all.
I'm new to the game but as a WW2 history buff I'm enjoying slowly immersing myself into MWIF!
I can't get over how fantastic it looks and the level of depth in the game really draws you in.
You know how you feel when you start a new book and after the first 10 pages you just know it's gonna be a great read and you still have the whole book ahead of you?....That's how I feel with this game.

I'm currently playing around with various Global War setups and have developed a new found interest in the Sino-Japanese war and in the IJN. So much so that I've even ordered some books on those subjects wanting to expand my knowledge.
I'm driving the missus mad chattering about Japanese light cruisers or whether to drive north from Canton or concentrate on pushing towards Sian!!

A big thank you to the game developers from a new convert.

Post #: 1
RE: Loving the Game - 2/23/2014 3:10:12 PM   
Orm

Hello Guzz.

Beautiful avatar you got.

Please post here or on the general forum if some of the books is worthy of your recommendation.

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Guzz)
Post #: 2
RE: Loving the Game - 2/23/2014 3:35:45 PM   
Guzz

Cheers Orm.
I like to think heavy cruisers were the most beautiful class of warship.
Very much like a well proportioned woman, county class cruisers had great lines, fast with excellent range and packed a decent punch without displacing too much tonnage!!

I'll let you know on the books.
I've ordered 'Japanese Destroyer Captain' (Hara) and 'China's War with Japan' (Mitter).
Looking forward to them.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: Loving the Game - 2/23/2014 6:23:52 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Guzz

Cheers Orm.
I like to think heavy cruisers were the most beautiful class of warship.
Very much like a well proportioned woman, county class cruisers had great lines, fast with excellent range and packed a decent punch without displacing too much tonnage!!

I'll let you know on the books.
I've ordered 'Japanese Destroyer Captain' (Hara) and 'China's War with Japan' (Mitter).
Looking forward to them.

Welcome Guzz to the forums do hope you enjoy the game,

If the books are really good just maybe Matrix can make them mandatory when they sell the game and charge $150 US for the game

Bo

(in reply to Guzz)
Post #: 4
RE: Loving the Game - 2/24/2014 6:34:52 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Hi all.
I'm new to the game but as a WW2 history buff I'm enjoying slowly immersing myself into MWIF!
I can't get over how fantastic it looks and the level of depth in the game really draws you in.
You know how you feel when you start a new book and after the first 10 pages you just know it's gonna be a great read and you still have the whole book ahead of you?....That's how I feel with this game.

I'm currently playing around with various Global War setups and have developed a new found interest in the Sino-Japanese war and in the IJN. So much so that I've even ordered some books on those subjects wanting to expand my knowledge.
I'm driving the missus mad chattering about Japanese light cruisers or whether to drive north from Canton or concentrate on pushing towards Sian!!

Just in case you haven't already found it, the Players Manual volume 2 (page 226) has a bibliography for the unit write-ups done by many different contributors. Wosung did most (maybe all?) of the land unit writeups for China.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Guzz)
Post #: 5
RE: Loving the Game - 2/25/2014 1:41:38 PM   
Guzz

Thanks Steve.
I wasn't aware but shall take a look.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
RE: Loving the Game - 2/26/2014 1:42:48 PM   
npilgaard

quote:

Hi all.

Yes, it is a truly excellent game (I have played it pretty much weekly or bi-weekly for a decade or so, and it is still great ) - so you have something to look forward to indeed :)

Regards
Nikolaj

(in reply to Guzz)
Post #: 7
RE: Loving the Game - 2/26/2014 10:20:35 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Destroyer Captain is a great read.

Also - if you REALLY do like the IJN, and you can spare a few years of your life, you should check out War in the Pacific.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to npilgaard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Loving the Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI