Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 2/5/2013 11:46:19 PM   
gaultesian

YAY!!! Downloading now.

'Scotland of America'...good analogy.

Cheers and thanks again.

Gaultesian

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 121
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 2/6/2013 1:14:59 AM   
Igard

Yeah, I heard it described that way somewhere. Looks nice there. Alot like Scotland. Only with Niagra Falls!

Could I ask you a favour? If you do convert this to work with Legends, would you mind sending me the files? If not then it's cool. It would save me the trouble for when I get around to it. It's no big deal though.

I just realised when I was looking for the file to upload, that I'd started working on compiling some music from the Enterprise series. Alot of the stuff by Dennis McArthy and some by Brian Tyler. It's actually really good stuff. Never realised how well they scored Enterprise until now.

(in reply to gaultesian)
Post #: 122
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 2/6/2013 11:39:47 PM   
gaultesian

I will give it a try (modding it to Legends), and if I do, you will be the first to get it ;).

Cheers,
gaultesian
p.s. sorry for the delay...we had a major power outage here for the last 24 hours

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 123
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 3/19/2013 6:45:53 PM   
klarch

Greetings. I was wondering if this mod could be uploaded again. I'm brand new to this game but it seems perfect for Star Trek races. I have already downloaded Kirk Era and Picard Era mods no problem, but Archer Era and Spock Era are blocked through mediafire (at least in USA due to music issue detailed above). I would be VERY grateful if both Archer and Spock could be uploaded, but this Era mod is actually the reason I bought the game (I must obey Empress Sato!!!). Thank You for all the hard work.

(in reply to gaultesian)
Post #: 124
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 3/19/2013 9:36:13 PM   
tjhkkr

Welcome to the Forums Klarch!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to klarch)
Post #: 125
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 3/19/2013 10:15:01 PM   
gaultesian

Welcome Klarch,

I do believe a new link for this mod is on the bottom of page 4 of this forum thread.

Enjoy and try not to give the vulcans a hard time ;)

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 126
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 3/19/2013 10:32:09 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: gaultesian

I do believe a new link for this mod is on the bottom of page 4 of this forum thread.

Looks like that one's dead too now gualtesian.

However, this seems a good time to update this mod to version 1.2a. It's still only for Return of the Shakturi, but now it includes music from the Enterprise tv show.

Welcome to the DW forums, Klarch!

link for 1.2a - http://www.gamefront.com/files/23094875/Star+Trek+Archer+Era+v1.2a.zip

< Message edited by Igard -- 3/19/2013 10:33:25 PM >

(in reply to gaultesian)
Post #: 127
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 3/20/2013 1:43:38 PM   
klarch

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Thank You in particular Igard for the fast upload and the great work on these mods.

Believe me I looked at review after review of all the new 4x games out there, and DW's scope and your mods sold me completely. In addition to the DW games looking much more in depth and larger in scale compared to Sins and Endless Space, I just couldn't pass up these great looking mods any longer.

I've been playing Birth of the Federation recently (even with all the problems), but now I can get my space empire fix with something new but still Trek flavored thanks to you.

I plan on starting in Archer, then moving on to Kirk, Spock and Picard after, as the Empress' wishes must come first.

Thanks again!!!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 128
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 9/20/2013 4:54:17 AM   
Tophat1815

Ahh,the red headed stepchild of the star trek mods! Still like this one.

(in reply to klarch)
Post #: 129
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 1/10/2014 10:17:58 PM   
Zygon

Is there an updated download link for this mod? I've tried all the links listed above and none of them work for me.

Thanks. :-)

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 130
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 1/10/2014 11:14:47 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zygon

Is there an updated download link for this mod? I've tried all the links listed above and none of them work for me.

Thanks. :-)

The 1.2a version was released prior to the release of 'Shadows' I believe, and so is unlikely to be fully compatible.

(in reply to Zygon)
Post #: 131
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 1/11/2014 12:58:51 AM   
Zygon

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer
The 1.2a version was released prior to the release of 'Shadows' I believe, and so is unlikely to be fully compatible.

Hmm. Would I at least be able to use the ship images maybe?

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 132
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 1/13/2014 11:08:03 AM   
Bingeling

You can play it if you install ROTS? It should work to install DW in multiple different folders. Just launch from the executable in each folder.

This way you can both play this mod in ROTS, and the latest DW version depending on which folder you launch from.

(in reply to Zygon)
Post #: 133
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.0 - 3/3/2014 5:37:39 AM   
Demiurge13

The links don't work anymore, that is to say the files are no longer on gamefront.

Any chance you can upload the new updated music from enterprise separately? as that is the only thing I need.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 134
[REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 3/3/2014 7:47:49 PM   
Igard

Here's the updated link for you Demiurge13 :- http://www.gamefront.com/files/24091806/Star+Trek+Archer+Era+v1.2a.zip

edit: Remember, it's return of the shakturi compatible only for now.

< Message edited by Igard -- 3/3/2014 8:49:54 PM >

(in reply to Demiurge13)
Post #: 135
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 3/4/2014 1:03:09 AM   
Demiurge13

thanks a bunch!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 136
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 5/27/2014 2:31:23 AM   
Darrell999

All the links are dead! Is this mod still around somewhere? Thanks!

(in reply to Demiurge13)
Post #: 137
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 5/27/2014 5:03:25 AM   
RICO7878

If you really want it I can upload my copy of it and post a link, but I believe it only works for the Return of the Shakturi expansion so it won't be compatible with Universe if you have it. I believe Igard is updating his mods to work with Universe, starting with maybe his TNG one, so he may get to this one eventually. Let me know Darrell.

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 138
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 6/26/2014 5:08:16 PM   
dogmaticus

Is there any way to get this mod running with the Universe expansion, or I need to wait for an update that is adjusted to the new expansion?

For some reason my geeky self has never played Distant Worlds, and I decided to buy it on Steam, but I can't even begin explaining how awesome it would be to start pre-warp with Archer era themed game (I'm a huuuuge Trek fan, and yes - I did enjoy Enterprise... a lot!)

(in reply to RICO7878)
Post #: 139
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 6/26/2014 5:42:10 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogmaticus

Is there any way to get this mod running with the Universe expansion, or I need to wait for an update that is adjusted to the new expansion?

For some reason my geeky self has never played Distant Worlds, and I decided to buy it on Steam, but I can't even begin explaining how awesome it would be to start pre-warp with Archer era themed game (I'm a huuuuge Trek fan, and yes - I did enjoy Enterprise... a lot!)

Hello dogmaticus, and welcome to the forums!

At present, Igard is on a brief hiatus from modding due to his job constraints (but he will be back). Fortunately, I have been honored to gather and manage his mod support team for his Star Trek themed mods. Currently, we are very close to finishing his 'The Picard Era' mod. In addition, we are at about 70% on 'The Kirk Era' mod. There are two other mods (The Spock Era & The Archer Era) that are idly sitting at about 40% done that will be next in the queue.

I'm presently watching on Netflix the 'Enterprise' series each night while I'm modding and testing DW.
So I 'GUESS', it would only make sense to add 'The Archer Era' next in line.

I'm awaiting one final update requested from Elliot that will allow us to make 'full' total conversion
mod capability happen. Once that happens, we hope to start forwarding the themes to Igard for his final
reviews and release. Be patient Trekkie!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to dogmaticus)
Post #: 140
RE: [REL][RotS] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2a - 6/26/2014 7:01:52 PM   
dogmaticus

May the Elements bless you, good man (as we Rihannsu say... we're also known as Romulans in the basic ;) )!!!

If I get my hands on TNG-themed ST mod for DW I'm gonna be happy like an Andorian in the snow! ;)

I must say that I've been looking at the screens of all these Star Trek mods, also looking at them on youtube and this is just amazing.

Anyway - I just bought DW:U, downloaded it, and I am off to start playing it. Being a fan of 4x since the first MOO (I still remember how my computer wasn't strong enough to play it... I had only 2mb of RAM, and it required 4... MB... not GB... MB... good, old days ;) ), then playing STvsSW mod for GalCiv2, I am pretty sure, that before launching DW:U for the first time I should say goodbye to my wife, sister and parents (for the rest of my friends I'll post my "farewell" on fb ;) ).

Anyway - thanks for the update, sorry for the smileys overload in my post, but I'm insanely excited about this game, and the amazing mods!

LLAP

< Message edited by dogmaticus -- 6/26/2014 8:03:00 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 141
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 8/30/2014 3:18:09 PM   
Spectreofdeath

Is there anyway we can get a new link for this mod?
I realize it's not compatible with universe, but I'm was really wanting to use the ship sets with the picard era for universe.

(in reply to gaultesian)
Post #: 142
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 8/30/2014 9:49:21 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spectreofdeath

Is there anyway we can get a new link for this mod?
I realize it's not compatible with universe, but I'm was really wanting to use the ship sets with the picard era for universe.

Hello Spectreofdeath, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, no. Our Trek Team has all the assets from Igard for his Archer (and all other) of his Era mods.
It is our goal to fully release the Archer Era mod according to his wishes when the mod is finished
and compatible with Universe. The original Archer Era mod only has 10 shipsets, of which we are improving on
and adding to as soon as we have received permission from the authors. I'm not able to provide a release schedule
at this time, but I can say it won't be until after we release the Kirk Era mod for Universe, which we're beginning work on very soon!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 8/30/2014 10:50:45 PM >

(in reply to Spectreofdeath)
Post #: 143
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 11/25/2015 8:46:33 AM   
MikePN

Nothing since Aug 30th, 2014. This still alive? I really hope so, I'd like to find a great Star Trek Archer era gameplay experience. One thing though! No Xindi? They're my favs from Enterprise.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 144
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 12/7/2015 8:55:40 PM   
simmi90

Hello, :D

The download link is broken :(:(:(

Please upload a new one :P

With thanks

Simmi

(in reply to MikePN)
Post #: 145
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 12/8/2015 1:43:50 AM   
ehsumrell1

Hello simmi90;

I am the current manager of the DW modding "Trek Team". Igard (who is the originator of
the original Star Trek DW mods) is no longer active and has blessed me with the continuation
of the DW "Trek" mods and the assets he had concerning them.

I cannot find his version 1.2 Archer Era mod archive at the moment. It's my belief that
the 1.2 version only added additional canon music to his mod. I am providing an upload
link to the version 1.1 Archer Era mod that I have here below for you.

Be aware that everything still applies as Igard stated in his original post for this
mod and that it is compatible with the Return of the Shakturi expansion only!
In addition, I cannot give you any advise or guarantee that the mod I'm providing will
work successfully as I do not know the update status of the mod. Hopefully it will work
and install as stated on his original post.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3kssfvsf6fog0o/Star%20Trek%20Archer%20Era.zip?dl=0

(in reply to simmi90)
Post #: 146
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 11/25/2019 8:29:21 AM   
Utra

Any chance the mod could be uploaded once again (if anyone still has a copy), it was probs one of the best star trek mods i ever played, itching to try it again lol.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 147
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 11/25/2019 5:37:55 PM   
ehsumrell1

Send me your email to my inbox Utra, I'll see wht I can do!

(in reply to Utra)
Post #: 148
RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 - 11/25/2019 6:09:37 PM   
Utra

Sent, I appreciate the help.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 149
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL] Archer Era - Star Trek v1.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI