Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My take on the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: My take on the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My take on the game - 3/8/2014 10:32:22 AM   
markhwalker

quote:

What about having Hero's limited to two max per scenario per unit type (counter color)?

You mean rather than two on the board at a given time?

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 31
RE: My take on the game - 3/8/2014 11:34:41 AM   
tigercub

in my game today a wounded hero took out a leader a squad with MG a and a Tank! yes hero`s are to powerful! all in 3 turns and won the game!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 32
RE: My take on the game - 3/8/2014 1:04:55 PM   
tyrion22

How would you make them less powerful? This hero was probably extremely lucky on the die rolls. In a game with dice rolling there is bound to be a bit of luck, and sometimes unlikely things happen. Just enjoy the story this creates, and go on. Maybe you were unlucky in this game, but the next game will probably be different. Just don't nerf my heroes! ;)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 33
RE: My take on the game - 3/8/2014 1:56:39 PM   
tigercub

I am just staying the facts do what you will!....or noting!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tyrion22)
Post #: 34
RE: My take on the game - 3/8/2014 2:34:38 PM   
tyrion22

That they are TOO powerful is not a fact, it's an opinion, and I disagree with it. I like the fact that they are powerful.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 35
RE: My take on the game - 3/9/2014 5:35:06 AM   
tigercub

the facts that happen in my battle! not in relation of how strong they are! other people can talk about that!

(in reply to tyrion22)
Post #: 36
RE: My take on the game - 3/9/2014 8:14:31 AM   
Michael T

quote:

in my game today a wounded hero took out a leader a squad with MG a and a Tank! yes hero`s are to powerful! all in 3 turns and won the game!

As a ASL player I was seriously considering this game. But stuff like this puts me off it.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 37
RE: My take on the game - 3/9/2014 5:39:59 PM   
Skanvak

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

What about having Hero's limited to two max per scenario per unit type (counter color)?

Yes, that what I mean. That would limit the problem in the human wave scenario and still let heroes be powerful when they are around.

< Message edited by Skanvak -- 3/10/2014 7:41:26 AM >

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 38
RE: My take on the game - 3/9/2014 5:47:59 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

Oops...hadn't thought of that, Mark. I think on most of my scenarios so far there has been at least one hero on the board at any given time, and often two. I think I personally would prefer some limit to the number of Hero's, as they are very potent, and the scenario's are relatively short. So two max per unit type per scenario seems reasonable, rather than two on board max at any given time.

JRR

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 39
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 6:44:07 AM   
Skanvak

quote:

quote:

As a ASL player I was seriously considering this game. But stuff like this puts me off it.

You have conflict of heroes (from matrix) that have no heroes and a more tactical experience but basically very similar.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 40
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 6:51:41 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

Audey Murphey isn't OP. Seems I recall he did more than that in a single day encounter.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 41
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 7:38:24 AM   
tigercub

Its not to say things like this should not happen (in my game today a wounded hero took out a leader a squad with MG a and a Tank! yes hero`s are to powerful! all in 3 turns and won the game!)and very much like to have Hero`s in the game WW2 was full of people changing the outcome of a battle! I have been reading about there story`s all my life it`s what got me into Wargaming! just don't want to see it in my 3rd battle of playing it!

Michael T don't let it put you off buying it, I think its a fine game for what it is but limited will be better from Modding!

Tigercub

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 42
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 8:47:08 AM   
Michael T

I am still considering it.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 43
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 1:45:35 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

quote:

Michael T...I also played ASL and on first impression I did not care for some aspects of LnL:HoS (too many potent Heros/ spotting rules). As I play more and more, I realize that you don't run units out in the open to draw fire, you MANEUVER half squads in cover as much as possible (think scouts) to find the enemy, but only after positioning firepower to take out that enemy unit that reveals itself (through fire or spotted movement)...and you keep a squad in proximity to take out any shaken squads that result from your out maneuvering your opponent. The Heros you take out ASAP, as though they were a MG asset to deny your enemy that firepower advantage. The game moves fast, ebb and flow is supreme, and it gives a feeling of battlefield confusion, with the outcome often in doubt until the final turn is over...and a good dose of luck is added from the dice rolls! I am very happy with this game. I hope you reconsider.

JRR

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 44
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 3:41:17 PM   
z1812

quote:

I am still considering it.

I am concerned with spotting rules, the lack of area fire, dice rolls that seem to have more impact on the game than proper tactics and abundant heroes.

To me it would be a better game if the above were addressed. However it is a lot of fun to play.

If you can get by some of the issues and think of it as more a board game than a computer game you will probably like it.

In my younger days I played Panzer Leader, Panzer Blitz, Squad Leader, and the solitaire Ambush squad level games. This reminds me of them and provides a similar type of play.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 3/10/2014 4:42:09 PM >

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 45
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 3:44:33 PM   
fran52

I agree with you,probably the only thing to be corrected is the easy creation of Heroes.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 46
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 4:05:10 PM   
tyrion22

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812
If you can get by some of the issues and think of it as more a board game than a computer game you will probably like it.

I think this is the right attitude. We finally have a computer game that is true to the board game it is based on. Enjoy the fact that you can learn it on the computer together with friends, then play the board game when you actually meet face to face, without having to explain the rules first. Or just enjoy the computer game.

It's really fun to try to come up with house rules, though. And who knows: If you come up with a good idea that many people like, maybe they can implement it as an optional rule.

< Message edited by oivind22 -- 3/10/2014 5:12:13 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 47
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 9:03:44 PM   
Michael T

Well I am fairly convinced. I just need to convince my fellow ASL buddies to try it. I don't care for AI. I use it just to learn the ropes. I only play human v human. Is there anything in it like DYO (design your own)?

(in reply to tyrion22)
Post #: 48
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 9:42:34 PM   
z1812

quote:

Well I am fairly convinced. I just need to convince my fellow ASL buddies to try it. I don't care for AI. I use it just to learn the ropes. I only play human v human. Is there anything in it like DYO (design your own)?

There is an editor with documentation but without a tutorial. I find it difficult to understand and will be thankful when a tutorial is released.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 49
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 9:57:28 PM   
Michael T

So would it be possible to build a very largish Stalingrad Scenario, something like the ones in Red Barricades?

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 50
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 9:58:30 PM   
Michael T

Is there a manual for this game available for potential buyers to read first?

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 51
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 10:34:06 PM   
Gerry4321

I don't believe there is a manual for previewing.

Gerry

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 52
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 10:58:00 PM   
Michael T

That is surprising.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 53
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 11:16:45 PM   
Gerry4321

People have suggested going to the LnL site to access data about the boardgame. So that would give you more information.

Gerry

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 54
RE: My take on the game - 3/10/2014 11:40:35 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

quote:

There is an editor with documentation but without a tutorial. I find it difficult to understand and will be thankful when a tutorial is released.

There are already 3 ASL scenarios converted to Lnl by meroka37, and laska2k4 has augmented them with LnL versions of the ASL maps that are awesome. The artwork is very good in LnL. Check out the mod threads.

JRR

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 55
RE: My take on the game - 3/11/2014 7:51:09 AM   
fran52

To do a big scenario like Red Barricade seem a little difficult.The maximum map size is 45X25 with an option(not clear) of 65X65.The maximum number of units is 200 but is better to stay at 180.The 20 remainder must be fre for the creation of Heroes or crew during the play.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 56
RE: My take on the game - 3/11/2014 4:23:28 PM   
Numdydar

It seems a shame not to have larger scale maps since the space on a PC screen is almost limitless  That is one one big drawback for me is even the campaigns are just these little maps versus something like Red Barracides.

Maybe an expansion to gaive people larger sized scenerios is a good idea  I would certainly pick it up

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 57
RE: My take on the game - 3/12/2014 7:08:37 AM   
Michael T

Thanks to a kind soul I was able to read the manual before buying. Result: I have bought the game

FWIW I still play ASL.

I think most tactics I use in ASL will apply to HoS, just with some minor tweaks.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 58
RE: My take on the game - 3/12/2014 7:51:02 AM   
fran52

HoS is similar in tactics but less complex in rules.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 59
RE: My take on the game - 3/12/2014 2:02:15 PM   
tigercub

Red Barricades I did dream of playing it with this before buying this but its not to be! sad but true.

Tigercub

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: My take on the game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI