Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LOS oddity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> LOS oddity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LOS oddity - 3/16/2014 1:27:45 PM   
HobbesACW

Is this a bug? You can trace a clear line of sight through the middle of two forest hexes?
This can't be right?

Cheers,
Chris

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: LOS oddity - 3/16/2014 1:39:22 PM   
HobbesACW

Well maybe it's OK. At least the graphics show somewhat broken trees. A bit of a fudge I imagine but once you are aware of this it's OK - I was just a bit annoyed about getting wounded in a hex I didn't expect to be visible :)

Cheers,
Chris

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 2
RE: LOS oddity - 3/16/2014 3:11:01 PM   
Bennett

That one caught me as well.  Taught me to look carefully.  Excellent game.

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 3
RE: LOS oddity - 3/16/2014 4:35:20 PM   
Gerry4321

Is the LOS considered clear because it is not touching any of the forest depiction? Or just if it runs directly along the hexside and there is no forest graphic on the hexside?

Gerry

(in reply to Bennett)
Post #: 4
RE: LOS oddity - 3/16/2014 6:00:45 PM   
Sanrepy

The LOS is considered clear because it odes not touch any tree depiction

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 5
RE: LOS oddity - 3/17/2014 5:22:06 AM   
jonj01

That looks like a clear LOS to me. Some of the buildings have little holes in them, but when you look closely...the graphics show the holes. The polygon placement by Tom or Mark on the maps is excellent and very precise.

When in doubt use the LOS tool.

(in reply to Sanrepy)
Post #: 6
RE: LOS oddity - 3/23/2014 9:42:45 PM   
HobbesACW

I understand the LOS is clear - that's not the point I'm trying to make. It just seems like a fudge as I imagine it's difficult to code.
If you have a unit behind two adjacent forest hexes it can still be seen if an enemy unit happens to be exactly on a hex spine. Doesn't make
any sense. This keeps catching me out - is it the same in the boardgame?

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. can anyone tell me how to add an image to a reply post? It seems easy enough to add one when you start a post but I see no way of doing this for a reply?

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 7
RE: LOS oddity - 3/23/2014 10:23:10 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

I understand the LOS is clear - that's not the point I'm trying to make. It just seems like a fudge as I imagine it's difficult to code.
If you have a unit behind two adjacent forest hexes it can still be seen if an enemy unit happens to be exactly on a hex spine. Doesn't make

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. can anyone tell me how to add an image to a reply post? It seems easy enough to add one when you start a post but I see no way of doing this for a reply?

If you use POST Reply, rather than FAST Reply the 'click here to upload' button is just below the entry box.

and I actually prefer the way the LOS's are done in this game using the actual touching of obstacles to block LOS rather than having the entire hex blocking.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 8
RE: LOS oddity - 3/23/2014 11:20:06 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

Cheers,
Chris

Yes it's the same in the board game.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> LOS oddity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI