Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best scenario/campaign to get started with?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Best scenario/campaign to get started with? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/21/2014 4:08:03 AM   
Objekt730

Finished all the bootcamps and ready for the main event. Needless to say, the sheer number of choices across West Front/East Front/Rising Sun is a bit daunting. Somewhat randomly, I chose RS: Operation Shoestring to start with. I'm totally enjoying it, but it occurred to me that this forum may be a good place to ask the vets for some recommendations as to the best scenario or campaign to get started with (for a relatively competent beginner).

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/21/2014 5:02:28 AM   
berto

If you are beginning a campaign, be mindful of the campaign crash bug with a temporary, kludgey workaround described here.

This bug will be fixed in the 2.01 Update, due out shortly.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Objekt730)
Post #: 2
RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/21/2014 2:19:47 PM   
lparkh

Be sure to play the human designed campaigns first IMHO ("linked campaigns"). They are almost all fun, but i particularly enjoyed the desert ones... I think i recall one about a German scoutibg group. Lower unit density i think so a good way to get started.
If you want to play scenarios pay attention to designer, if memory serves there was a Doug (Doug Bevard?) who was quite good. Pick smaller to start. you picks ones slowly moving through history (say 1 per a season or year) to get an interesting feel for how things developed. Great game.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 3
RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/21/2014 10:00:20 PM   
rpwood

I really enjoy RS "Reaping the Whirlwind". Played it many times to try different strategies. Wish RS had a lot more LCGs.

(in reply to Objekt730)
Post #: 4
RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/21/2014 10:40:51 PM   
TheGrayMouser

Kampfruppe Pieper from WF, lots if big toys for your core force, managably sized scenarios thruout

< Message edited by The Gray Mouser -- 3/21/2014 11:41:29 PM >

(in reply to rpwood)
Post #: 5
RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? - 3/22/2014 6:38:22 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

for WF, the 10th Panzer in Tunisia LCG is a good one to start with...not too difficult at all.

KG Peiper is another good one, I think the first one I ever completed probably some 15 years ago...although the OOB for both sides sure could use an overhaul!

(in reply to TheGrayMouser)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Best scenario/campaign to get started with? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI