Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/12/2014 11:00:07 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jsolo15

love the flags Ingard great work.

Thanks jsolo, but the question is, is that graphic of use to any of you? Would you use it to set up your game with the correct colour schemes?

(in reply to jsolo15)
Post #: 811
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/13/2014 1:10:09 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Well I'm glad to hear you're using the total conversion.

It's the gametext.txt file. Place it in your DW directory remembering to backup the original.

Ah yep! That was the one. Copied over the folder contents and forgot the root file there.
Too bad there isn't an installer that one-button adds/removes the total conversion type mods.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 812
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/14/2014 2:07:49 AM   
jsolo15

I would , I love them

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jsolo15

love the flags Ingard great work.

Thanks jsolo, but the question is, is that graphic of use to any of you? Would you use it to set up your game with the correct colour schemes?

Jsolo

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 813
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/14/2014 8:38:30 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

OK carried the Federation game out to the ultimate conclusion. No real bugs noticed. DW seems NOT designed to handle multiple hundreds of Fighters and Torpedoes on screen all at once, never crashed but some of the battles played in stop motion.
Even as the Federation, the jealousy effect from size made almost all my allies eventually declare war. So... I HAD to do what was best for them and absorb them into my fraternity of planets. How Altruistic of me...

Final ships were impressive to say the least. Glad I didn't need too many of them.

Carrier (3825sz) 40 Adv Fighter bays (Hvy Assault and Superiority), 15,000 shields, Gravity Well, Shadowghost, S2F7 repair, 36K FTL speed with a 36sector range, Starburner & Swift Vector for 25 cruise and 15 degree turn.

Capital (2550sz) 40 Shakturi Firestorms & 20 Plasma Thunderbolts (3480 Firepower each), 5 Adv Fight Bays, 15,000 shields, Gravity Well, Shadowghost, S2F7 repair, 36K FTL speed with a 36sector range, Starburner & Swift Vector for 25 cruise and 15 degree turn.

(in reply to jsolo15)
Post #: 814
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/15/2014 12:00:35 AM   
Igard

@jsolo15, Great! I don't blame people if they want to simply install the mod and start a quick game, but it's a better mod if you take the time to set it up. That's why I've added a 'Helpful tips for setting up your game' section on the first page of this thread.

@Cyclops, thanks for the report! Sounds like a good game, though I'm sorry to hear about the frame rate. I'm glad you stuck it out to the end.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 815
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/23/2014 4:07:15 AM   
Elrohir525

Hello Igard! I've been really enjoying the Shadows version of your Mod (thanks for all your hard work!), but I've encountered a late-game CTD that repeats when I re-load my last auto-save. Here's the error message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.CompleteTeardown(Galaxy galaxy, Boolean removeFromEmpire)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.EliminatePirateFaction(Empire pirateFaction, Empire conqueror)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.TakeOwnershipOfColony(Habitat colony, Empire newEmpire, Boolean destroyBases, Boolean destroyTroops)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.ResolveInvasionBattles(TimeSpan timePassed, Galaxy galaxy)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
at DistantWorlds.Main.S6aQusJvLu(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 816
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/23/2014 3:31:40 PM   
Igard

Thanks Elrohir.

I'm not sure what could cause that. Others might have a better idea than me. If you're using the total conversion (replacing sounds and images in the main game's folder), I'd suggest you restore your original files and try reloading your last autosave.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 817
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/24/2014 4:47:34 PM   
Elrohir525

I tried restoring those files, but sadly it didn't help. The game keeps using the images and sounds I started with, even with the original folders back in place, and the crash happened again. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 818
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/25/2014 7:43:16 AM   
Sirian

@Elrohir525

First of all, I don't think this isuue is related to Igards mod.

Does this error happen when you load the game or after the game is loaded? I mean does the game load and then crash or does it crash while loading? I suspect it crashes *after* loading, maybe in the first game loop, but hey... because of this entry in the call stack:
> DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

From the callstack it seems that there was a ground invasion on some planet,
> DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.ResolveInvasionBattles(TimeSpan timePassed, Galaxy galaxy)
the invader won
> DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.TakeOwnershipOfColony(Habitat colony, Empire newEmpire, Boolean destroyBases, Boolean destroyTroops)
and a pirate base got removed in the process. This seems to habe been the last installation of this pirate factions and it gets destroyed.
> DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.EliminatePirateFaction(Empire pirateFaction, Empire conqueror)
Within the "EliminatePirateFaction" method some object was removed
> DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.CompleteTeardown(Galaxy galaxy, Boolean removeFromEmpire)
which one, I don't know. Maybe the base that just got destroyed?

So this:
> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
means the game tried to remove an object that either wasn't there anymore (less likely, there would should a different call stack, but I am not familiar with this programming language) or the object (more likely) has a reference that doesn't exist anymore - but which one, I can only guess.

It could be a bug, that always happens when the destroyed planetary pirate base triggers the destruction of a pirate faction or maybe an inconsistency that occurred because the game was saved at a very bad time. (maybe the base was already removed, but the invasion was not resolved? I don't know.)

I heared there was a possibility to immediatly pause the game, but I don't know how to activate it, maybe try "Options" in the game menu. If it works, look for the planet that is invaded and try using the game editor to remove the pirate base there (it will get destroyed anyways) Or try to remove that pirate faction with the editor. If it doesn't resolve the issue, try deleting the entire colony per editor (before it gets conquered) It is a very long shot into the dark, but it might work.

Regards, Sirian

< Message edited by Sirian -- 2/25/2014 8:47:53 AM >

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 819
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/25/2014 6:46:56 PM   
Elrohir525

@Sirian

The crash happens several minutes into my last save. I'll have a look and see if there are any ground battles going on involving pirate bases. Thanks for the suggestions!

< Message edited by Elrohir525 -- 2/25/2014 7:47:52 PM >

(in reply to Sirian)
Post #: 820
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/26/2014 2:45:51 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elrohir525

I tried restoring those files, but sadly it didn't help.

Thanks for reporting back. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. At least we know it wasn't caused by the mod.

Thanks to Sirian for providing some suggestions. Always good to know people are around to offer help.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 821
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/27/2014 1:50:47 AM   
stanstill

i like the ground combat in this mod i really like how you imagined star trek armies mainly star fleet
that was great i have played this mod a lot and haven't encountered any bugs so well done on the great mod

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 822
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 2/28/2014 1:42:48 AM   
Locarnus

A very nice mod.

Unfortunately it is not fun playing, with most of the tech tree made useless, by having the "special" components available for everyone.

How do I turn that off?

edit: Also, the ship sizes seem to be out of proportion (Federation has 70% larger ships, so the normal Space Creatures and Pirates can be rofl stomped with a single ship). No need to research beyond the Shipyard wonder. Also I dont understand why I have to scratch by with freighter sizes in the beginning, when my military builds the big ships already.

< Message edited by Locarnus -- 2/28/2014 7:10:45 PM >

(in reply to stanstill)
Post #: 823
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/1/2014 5:41:29 PM   
Igard

Thanks for the good feedback.

The special components need to be assigned to specific races. I'll fix this for the next update. Some of the choices are quite nice, since you can pick a quick route with some techs (Novacore reactors for example) or you can take the long standard route which results in better tech. However tech such as starship manoeuvering is a no brainer, it's best to go with the swift vector.

So the question is, should I assign all the special techs or only the ones that remove choice from the tech tree?

Ship sizes are way too big right now. This worked fine with Legends but after Shadows changed the pirate factions, it's not working as intended. I'm going to significantly reduce ship sizes in the next update.

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 824
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/2/2014 2:25:16 PM   
Locarnus

I think assigning all special techs from the tech tree (not the first few super techs) would be the best available option given the purposely non existing options with regards to tech modding.

Imho race specific technologies are a contradiction in itself, since the defining characteristic of technology itself is, that it is universal, given sufficient mental capabilities for understanding. I would much more prefer something like the "tech focus", which would lead to a tech advantage in certain areas. So a characteristic tech advantage, eg better engines/beam weapons, is a choice/preference rather than a predetermined fate.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 825
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/2/2014 4:10:54 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: stanstill

i like the ground combat in this mod i really like how you imagined star trek armies mainly star fleet
that was great i have played this mod a lot and haven't encountered any bugs so well done on the great mod

Thankyou stanstill, it was alot of work making all the tiny troop images. Almost all are complete just a few more to go.

quote:

I think assigning all special techs from the tech tree (not the first few super techs) would be the best available option given the purposely non existing options with regards to tech modding.

It shall be done.

quote:

Imho race specific technologies are a contradiction in itself

Completely agree. Maybe DW2 will do things differently if it comes to be. I'd like to see a larger tech tree with branches that provide the player with choices and the AI will focus on tech based on their racial settings (modable). Tech could only be disallowed by diplomacy such as the Federation/Romulan treaty of Algeron which banned use of cloaking technology by the Federation.

< Message edited by Igard -- 3/2/2014 5:12:19 PM >

(in reply to stanstill)
Post #: 826
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/4/2014 2:00:44 AM   
stanstill

given the troop images i cant wait to see what the kirk era troop images would look like they would have to be red shirts but the tanks and the artillery would be interesting

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 827
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/15/2014 6:01:47 PM   
Torgrim

Can't DL the file, I says the file dont exist :/

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 828
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/15/2014 10:18:38 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Torgrim

Can't DL the file, I says the file dont exist :/

Hmm, just checked the DL link and it seemed to be working, didn't go as far as redownloading the file itself, but could get that far.

(in reply to Torgrim)
Post #: 829
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 3/16/2014 7:39:33 AM   
swizzlewizzle

Link is broken too. Try DLing and you get a "page not found" error. Please fix (filefront sucks, suggest using mediafire).

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 830
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 4/1/2014 6:21:57 AM   
kirk23

Hi guys, I thought you might want to see this little Scottish spoof about Star Trek in the Picard Era, By the way you might need to check that your universal translators are working. ( sorry about the video quality )but I think it is still funny!

Scottish Star Trek very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khrpy4V0-U4

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 4/1/2014 7:22:33 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to swizzlewizzle)
Post #: 831
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 4/2/2014 6:31:15 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hi guys, I thought you might want to see this little Scottish spoof about Star Trek in the Picard Era, By the way you might need to check that your universal translators are working. ( sorry about the video quality )but I think it is still funny!

Scottish Star Trek very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khrpy4V0-U4

OT but way too funny.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 832
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 4/5/2014 4:13:47 PM   
andkvi98

quote:

ORIGINAL: swizzlewizzle

Link is broken too. Try DLing and you get a "page not found" error. Please fix (filefront sucks, suggest using mediafire).

I have the same problem. The "Spock Era" download on MediaFire is the only download of yours that work for me, but it seems to differ from person to person

(in reply to swizzlewizzle)
Post #: 833
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 4/5/2014 6:09:32 PM   
andkvi98

quote:

ORIGINAL: andkvi98

quote:

ORIGINAL: swizzlewizzle

I have the same problem. The "Spock Era" download on MediaFire is the only download of yours that work for me, but it seems to differ from person to person

I am back with some research.
GameFront apparently blocked certain countries from downloading things from their website, and Sweden is on that list.
Is there any way I can get hold of the mod without going through GameFront?

(in reply to andkvi98)
Post #: 834
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 4/5/2014 9:20:16 PM   
tomassus

Hi,

I have the same problem with provided link and i can't download the mod. Really want to give it a try so if there's option for second mirror for download it will make IMO lot of other people also happy :)

Edit:
I found a solution for downloading this mod - using "online proxy" for downloading outside of USA is working here. Google will help you to find one :)

< Message edited by tomassus -- 4/11/2014 6:24:38 AM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 835
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 4/29/2014 10:49:44 AM   
TheTrooper

Hi everybody!! Since the link here posted to download the Picard Era doesn't work,at least for me, has anynody any idea where i could get the mod from?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 836
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 4/30/2014 3:37:55 AM   
RICO7878

Wow! Thanks a lot Igard, can't wait to try out the beta!!! Great job as always and keep up the good work. Guess you'll do this all over again for Universe?

(in reply to TheTrooper)
Post #: 837
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a - 5/15/2014 3:13:01 PM   
1isaac1

i can't download from gamefront, i'm from spain can you upload to mediafire please? :S

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 838
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 5/24/2014 8:27:41 PM   
gyrospeck

Does this mod still work with Universe?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 839
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 5/25/2014 4:16:01 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: gyrospeck

Does this mod still work with Universe?

Hello Gyrospeck.
Not at the present moment. I'm awaiting to hear from Igard, the mods' creator I assisted
to find out when he's ready to begin the changeover. Be patient, it should be soon.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to gyrospeck)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI