Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:03:35 PM   
Surtur

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.

< Message edited by Surtur01 -- 5/23/2014 1:13:52 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:14:30 PM   
Raap

Thanks, downloading!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 2
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:14:35 PM   
OzoneGrif_slith

Hmm I just got $30 because the original Distant World wasn't registered in my account.
Too bad I've read this information after I made the coupon ^.^

It's okay these $10 will be to support DW's future patches.

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 3
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:16:09 PM   
Castinar

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?

< Message edited by Galen -- 5/23/2014 1:18:39 PM >

(in reply to OzoneGrif_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:17:41 PM   
IainMcNeil

Galen you'll need to contact support to look in to this. They are waiting for your mail!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 5
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:18:38 PM   
Castinar

Thanks!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:21:48 PM   
Icemania

Cool, downloading with no worries ...

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 7
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 12:51:01 PM   
DrApostle

Galen,

You can click the "my discount coupons" link and it will show how much you will receive off before you click another link to claim your coupon.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 8
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 1:03:39 PM   
deadfolk

I can't do this atm, as I have no idea of the password I used when I ordered DW back in 2010 - and I don't have access to that email address any more, so I can't reset it. I've opened a ticket with Matrix...fingers crossed!

Edit: Matrix has officially the best customer support in the world. Guess what I'm playing tonight?

< Message edited by deadfolk -- 5/23/2014 2:24:06 PM >

(in reply to DrApostle)
Post #: 9
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 1:26:50 PM   
ttube

I also have all expansions but did not register all. Got #10 discount instead of $40.

Email sent to support and awaiting reply.

I am pretty sure I checked the forum prior to ordering and did not see this thread but I could be wromg. I am confident that Matrix will rectify the error.

(in reply to deadfolk)
Post #: 10
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 1:28:44 PM   
Umpa

Yeah, i have register my "Distant Worlds" under another account as the addons, hope the can fix this so i can spare 10$ more :D

Und wenn wir marschieren,
dann leuchtet ein Licht,
daß Dunkel und Wolken
strahlend durchbricht.

(in reply to ttube)
Post #: 11
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 1:52:55 PM   
deadfolk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Umpa

Yeah, i have register my "Distant Worlds" under another account as the addons, hope the can fix this so i can spare 10$ more :D

I'm sure they will fix this - my situation was similar (but worse), and they registered everything against a single account for me.

(in reply to Umpa)
Post #: 12
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:05:29 PM   
ergie

Done :)
Thanks, now I hope my family leave some time to play the game :)

(in reply to deadfolk)
Post #: 13
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:06:33 PM   
gwgardner

Great policy on the discount, very much appreciated, Matrix.

(in reply to ergie)
Post #: 14
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:09:44 PM   
FingNewGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galen

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?

I had the same kind of issue, have submitted Help Desk Ticket. Anyone know how long I should realistically wait for action on it?

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 15
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:14:31 PM   
gldavis

I also clicked the button before I realized that my original Distant Worlds was not registered. I checked the forum before I attempted to purchase but this was mot posted yet so I did not realize that it was a one time deal. I just want to know if this is possible to correct, knowing that it was my fault for not reading the product page carefully enough, because I want this game ASAP.

Thanks gldavis

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 16
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:30:04 PM   
Castinar

All sorted out---customer support working as quickly as usual! Thanks (and yes, I noticed after CustServ got back in touch that I could have checked the coupon amount before claiming--good advice to those wondering).

(in reply to gldavis)
Post #: 17
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 2:35:59 PM   
Hawawaa

Grabbing my copy now thank you!

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 18
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 3:40:14 PM   
Algon

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I initially thought that the members area would only let me register Legends and Shakturi, since they were the only ones listed there. I was about to contact support when I noticed the 'register game' link on the right...

Might be worth mentioning somewhere prominent that the link is the one to use, rather than trying (in vain) to find all your games in the list. It might save your support staff from being hassled by idiots like me. :P

(in reply to Hawawaa)
Post #: 19
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 3:55:08 PM   
SlapBone

Slitherine getting hammered right now? DDoSed yourself by linking from the Steam forums?

(in reply to Algon)
Post #: 20
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 4:00:31 PM   
FingNewGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Algon

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I initially thought that the members area would only let me register Legends and Shakturi, since they were the only ones listed there. I was about to contact support when I noticed the 'register game' link on the right...

Might be worth mentioning somewhere prominent that the link is the one to use, rather than trying (in vain) to find all your games in the list. It might save your support staff from being hassled by idiots like me. :P

This idiot (me) thanks you for the tip!

(in reply to Algon)
Post #: 21
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 4:13:10 PM   
Algon

quote:

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

quote:

Arise and Unite, Idiots of the World!

(in reply to FingNewGuy)
Post #: 22
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 4:40:38 PM   
FingNewGuy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

quote:

Arise and Unite, Idiots of the World!

LOL! Downloaded and playing now!

(in reply to Algon)
Post #: 23
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/23/2014 5:36:10 PM   
gldavis

I wish to thank Paulo and Joe of The Slitherine Group for their fast and courteous response to my issue. The issue has been resolved and I am downloading DWU as I type......Very Excited

(in reply to FingNewGuy)
Post #: 24
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/24/2014 1:35:23 PM   
ttube

I also received a prompt reply and solution to my support question. Thank you Matrix.

(in reply to gldavis)
Post #: 25
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/24/2014 4:03:49 PM   
WoodMan

Thanks very much, grabbed a physical copy

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to ttube)
Post #: 26
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/25/2014 10:28:43 AM   
ID1746

I would love to use the discount option for the member club, but alas, I cannot register, as it claims my E-mail adress is invalid (this also prevents me to send a ticket to helpdesk support/account support) Note, it's the same email I used to register on the forums. I did doublecheck & tried variations on typing (capitals/non-capital letters), but to no avail. Did make a thread on the unofficial support forum, in hopes someone can assist me with it.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 27
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/25/2014 1:44:29 PM   
Bingeling

There is no space or extra punctuation sneaking in alongside your email address?

And no weird characters in the address (like commas, or whatever in the first part)?

(in reply to ID1746)
Post #: 28
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/25/2014 2:52:46 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Can I use the discount on ANY game or just Universe?

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 29
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/25/2014 4:37:26 PM   
ID1746

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

There is no space or extra punctuation sneaking in alongside your email address?

And no weird characters in the address (like commas, or whatever in the first part)?

Only odd character is an underscore, but considering how many emails got those, I doubt it's that It's more likely the age is, not the first site I had problems registrating, but usually a ticket to support helps (but not in this case, as support here autorejected my ticked due to the email I provided)

Using the same email for about 20years In internet terms, that's an eternity.

But customer service here is truly topnotch! Got a quick official response concerning this issue, on a sunday! Will hopefully resolved soon.

< Message edited by ID1746 -- 5/25/2014 5:40:57 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI