Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repairs take FOREVER

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Repairs take FOREVER Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repairs take FOREVER - 6/5/2014 9:36:16 PM   
Hassell

I have noticed that repairing a derelict ship takes a really long time. Like 5 years of gametime. If it weren't for the tech bonus received from scraping derelict ships i would just leave them and build new ships in about a month.

Am i missing something? Is there a way to speed up repairs?
Post #: 1
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/5/2014 9:53:39 PM   
Tophat1815

Your talking about the destroyer class derelict in your system at start. Well sure you can build a DD but it won't have all the tech bells and whistles the derelict has on it.

(in reply to Hassell)
Post #: 2
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/5/2014 10:55:49 PM   
Razbun

would adding bays and factories to the construction ship speed things up?

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 3
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/6/2014 6:05:20 PM   
stanberyc@yahoo.com

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razbun

would adding bays and factories to the construction ship speed things up?

I'm curious about this as well.

(in reply to Razbun)
Post #: 4
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/6/2014 6:17:22 PM   
2guncohen

Wait when you find a planetdestroyer

(in reply to stanberyc@yahoo.com)
Post #: 5
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/6/2014 6:52:31 PM   
ASHBERY76

It would take a long time back engineering alien tech and the gameplay factor of rushing many superships and techs is also a factor.

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 6
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/7/2014 1:00:14 AM   
Joking_Phantom

Repairs take a long time, and you can't improve the speed of repair by putting on more plants and construction yards - the speed of the repair is limited to the speed at which construction yards can place components on the repair target since component plants build components far too rapidly for the yards to keep up, assuming there are sufficient resources to do so. Only one yard will work on building or repairing the target ship/station, so don't place more than one thinking it will help. You also don't need too many cargo bays, the my biggest stations sizes are 3000-4000 and never need more than 8k resources and construction ships go back to planets each time in order to resupply with necessary resources. Technology does improve the rate at which components can be added, just look at the construction rate of the construction yard. From my experience, repair rates are slower than building rates as well, when it comes to component placement.

So when it comes to repairs, make sure you have plenty of construction ships. Not too many that you're wasting so much money on maintenance, but enough to continually construct gas/regular mining stations, resort bases, tech labs at research bonus locations, and then at least several construction ships for repairing both your own damaged ships and those found in special locations. However, when it comes to repairing your own ships it may be more convenient to scrap it and just rebuild it at a shipyard. You'll pick it up as you go. Monitor your construction ships' statuses through the bar on the left (by the way, this is super helpful for making sure all your assets are hauling their weight in productivity, like colonies, spaceports, exploration ships, and for listing good places for research/ resource extraction), and you'll eventually get the hang of it.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
RE: Repairs take FOREVER - 6/9/2014 2:49:52 AM   
Jeeves

The best investment in a ship of the game is a constructor to repair a derelict for technology. I build them as fast as my home world can crank them out with Bakuras shipyard until I have a constructor repairing every derelict in the galaxy, typically 80 or so. I get all technology by retiring derelicts by year nine...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Joking_Phantom)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Repairs take FOREVER Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI