Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Getting Started

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Getting Started Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Getting Started - 6/5/2014 3:59:43 AM   
Casinn

<I miss the pictures that even Haropoon series had, it's a fast way to indentify a vessel type visually - something that matters in naval / air operations right, but if that's only an eye candy I an do without, I prefer a hard core simulation instead. >

So you mean the map icons? There is a stylized icon set that you can use instead of the standard nato ones.
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 (bottom of the page)

If you meant actual pictures of the units in the database, those are coming along well too.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 91
RE: Getting Started - 6/5/2014 9:55:03 AM   
Marder

A small thumbnail pic of the original one in the lower right corner of the selected unit would add much more immersion.
Make it optional.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 92
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 3:42:22 AM   
HailRider

I've been trying out the Scenario Editor, switching from side to side, to see how changing depth changes being picked up on sonar. I am using the scenario Maria & Victoria.

I found that even if I teleport the units (both sides) to deep water where a CZ exists, the boats will always pick up the sub when the sub enters the sonar radius, even if the sub is below the layer (even at max depth). Why is this? I've been trying this for quite a while, and I just don't understand. I thought the sonar would bounce off the layer and not pick up subs below the layer, except when directly above the sub. I checked the boats, and they do not have sonar that drops below the layer.

Any help would be appreciated.

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 93
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 5:30:48 AM   
RoryAndersonCDT

Would you mind uploading your autosave? We could check much easier that way

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead

(in reply to HailRider)
Post #: 94
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 10:53:11 AM   
Rudd

Also if you post new thread for each issue in tech support, makes it easier for them to track issues.

When you say boats, you mean ships, correct? Boats=subs in this world, if I'm not mistaken

(in reply to RoryAndersonCDT)
Post #: 95
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 11:19:39 AM   
navwarcol

quote:

ORIGINAL: HailRider

I've been trying out the Scenario Editor, switching from side to side, to see how changing depth changes being picked up on sonar. I am using the scenario Maria & Victoria.

I found that even if I teleport the units (both sides) to deep water where a CZ exists, the boats will always pick up the sub when the sub enters the sonar radius, even if the sub is below the layer (even at max depth). Why is this? I've been trying this for quite a while, and I just don't understand. I thought the sonar would bounce off the layer and not pick up subs below the layer, except when directly above the sub. I checked the boats, and they do not have sonar that drops below the layer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think by 'boats' you mean that both vessels (both sides) are submarines at deep? I probably could tell if I had the game on this computer by plugging the scenario in, but I do not, and cannot recall that scenario.

Generally speaking the way you describe thinking the SONAR should work, is correct, but there can also be a lot of variables. It is therefore always a good idea if you think you spotted something weird, to attach the save game so the devs and/or others can plug it in and see if perhaps there is something really strange, or if there is just one of those other extenuating circumstances, in which case often a "neutral" eye can see that faster than the one playing, where sometimes you can develop tunnel vision based on what you are expecting to see vs what you are seeing.

(in reply to HailRider)
Post #: 96
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 12:01:01 PM   
HailRider

The sub can see the ships, and the ships can see the subs.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 97
RE: Getting Started - 6/7/2014 12:28:30 PM   
HailRider

Actually, I narrowed it down here. This is a better test.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HailRider)
Post #: 98
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Getting Started Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI