Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 6:25:42 PM   
Gerry Edwards

Hello Everyone,

Distant Worlds 1.9.5.3 Beta Update is now available for testing. You may download it from Here.

This build has the following changes from 1.9.5.2:

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash when drawing long range scanners in galaxy view
- fixed crash when drawing planet in hover panel
- fixed crash when auto-saving game
- fixed crash when loading game with custom theme from main menu
- fixed crash when drawing Empire Navigation Tool
- fixed crash with advisor message when invading independent colonies
- fixed crash when investigating ruins
- fixed crash when calculating troop strength
- fixed crash when editing ship design
- fixed crash when edit very large stars in game editor
- fixed crash when AI assigns new mining mission

BUG FIXES
- altered Windows API used for checking mouse location to fix screen scrolling to top-left (thus avoiding bug in Windows Vista 64-bit)
- fixed bases detaching from their parent planet/moon/asteroid when initiate retrofit before they are finished their previous retrofit
- sound volume now properly remembered when load games
- Unload Troops missions are now cancelled when target colony changes ownership (thus avoid unloading troops at enemy colony)
- fixed misleading message when your special forces troops destroy hidden pirate base facility at one of your own colonies
- main view now properly regains focus for mouse scroll-wheel when close Build Order screen
- fixed rare bug with pirate colonies over-ordering construction resources
- fixed display problems with main menu screen in Windows XP

USER INTERFACE
- enabled scaling of Empire Navigation Tool at screen left - use new size button next to close button in each panel to cycle 3 sizes: normal, large, extra large

OTHER
- improved how Action buttons (under Selection Panel) determine which mining station design to show (gas vs mineral) when building mining stations at planets/moons/asteroids (better support for custom themes with unusual resource distributions)

< Message edited by Gerry Edwards -- 6/13/2014 3:50:25 PM >

Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 6:55:58 PM   
Retreat1970

Thank you

(in reply to Gerry Edwards)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 7:17:50 PM   
Sithuk

Did the bug for the number of reactors to place on a design to achieve full hyperspeed get fixed?

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 7:25:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's no bug related to that as far as I know, but there is a need for additional design/AI optimization. That's still on our list.

I believe it did get a tweak in the 1.9.5.3 beta, but we'll have to see if it was enough.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/12/2014 8:26:33 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 8:37:52 PM   
deathnoise

What about the mining stations and their problems with retrofitting, since the freighters are not delivering the resources that are needed (instead - they are idling at the space ports with "no mission")?

< Message edited by deathnoise -- 6/12/2014 9:50:09 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 9:31:51 PM   
Kilravock

Thanks, I will test this to see if it solves both the station and scrolling bugs.

(in reply to deathnoise)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 11:37:03 PM   
gerishnakov

Fingers crossed this does fix the XP main menu problem! Man, that's been bugging the hell out of me the past week.

(in reply to Kilravock)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/12/2014 11:51:52 PM   
AstroCat

Does this fix the engine exhaust, planets and overlays (and others?) image size scaling problems?

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 12:41:20 AM   
pycco

those are mod problems not the base game.

looking good, glad to hear that designs are being optimized more.

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 3:12:31 AM   
hewwo

I know this has been around forever, but for the love of god, please make it so that screens remember the type of filter you used last time. For instance, in the ships and bases screen, I usually only want to see my military ships, so it's really annoying to have to select that filter again and again, every time I close the screen! Or if you think not everyone would be happy with that behaviour, just make it optional!

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 10:19:08 AM   
dwaine

A lot of bug fixes is nice, but would you consider adding some features, such as increasing the max number of facilies and governments ? Or is it to much work for you ?

I mean the 30 limit for governments is OK (but could be increased), but the 50 limit to facilities is really REALLY LOW.

While I'm at it, why do you limit so much facilities possibilities ?
Right now, I find the way facilies are handled to be very ... rigid, look at the "type" line, a facility can be either a SpyAcademy OR a MilitaryAcademy OR a RegionalCapital OR ... but not BOTH. Instead, it would be so much simple to have values for colony income, empire income, growth rate, empire growth rate, so facilies can have multiple bonuses, not just one.

I would love to see a new type : planetary facilities, but not the rigid actual way. Let's imagine a amusement facility, that every empire can build on every colony, it would give development +1, happiness +3, income -1, construction speed -1. I can't do that right now. Or a mining facility that would try to discover a new ressource type on a planet AND increase the ressources available +2 mining, +1 construction speed, -5 happiness.
Also, national wonders would be good, you can somehow emulate that by putting a wonder on a reserved tech tree, but that also mean other empires CAN'T build them, this should not take too much work, it would just need to take the regional capital code (can be built by each empire, but only once) but add the possibility to add bonuses : colony income, empire income, colony happiness, empire happiness, etc ....
Finally, wonders why can't I put multiple bonuses ? Why limit a wonder to a happinness bonus ONLY ?

Well, here are my toughts, at least consider increasing the max number of facilities, I would be happy with 50 more slots, but if you can increase to 200 or 500, without too much work, please consider it !

< Message edited by dwaine -- 6/13/2014 12:53:27 PM >

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 10:30:17 AM   
moonraker65

Still no news on the design screen thing. Not really that much of a big deal but unless you know which automation options to turn off at game start it can be a bit of a headache as far as user designed ships and bases go.

(in reply to dwaine)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 2:44:59 PM   
Osito

I love the change to the empire navigation tool.

Now just adjust the contrast in the races list on the left hand of the diplomacy screen - and add an undo hot key in the editor - and I'll be very happy :-)

(Always want more, don't we?)

Osito

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 13
RE: 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing - 6/13/2014 8:39:46 PM   
warzer

The only issue I have with this new version is when invading planets after I win my troops vanish or move somewhere magically.
Recient example I captured a pirate planet but all my troop ships where destroyed in deploying those troops. After I won the planet lost all of its troops.
Previous when my troop ships survived they were magically on those transports.

If they magically teleported any idea where they might have gone without the transports?

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.3 Beta Update available for testing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI