Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

They destroyed my what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> They destroyed my what? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
They destroyed my what? - 3/20/2001 9:42:00 AM   
sg

I'm playing a generated campaign from the US side against the Germans late in the war. One of my Jumbo shermans gets blasted with a 75mm round from tank in the treeline. Fearing I've got a disabled or defenseless tank on my hands, I look to the dialogue box and lo and behold the dirty rats destroyed my toolbox! Never seen that one before. Thanks to the Matrix staff for a good laugh at 1 am. The more I play this game the more I'm hooked. I wonder if Craftsman replaces screwdrivers damaged in action? Oh BTW, a squad of my engineers toasted that tank 2 turns later.

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.
Post #: 1
- 3/20/2001 10:00:00 AM   
Figmo

LOL - sounds like a great battle!! The game never ceases to amaze me either!! Also, one of the best guarantees I've seen protected against everything except "Shark bite and Children under 5" - having kids I understand why!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 2
- 3/20/2001 10:10:00 AM   
troopie

quote:

Originally posted by sg: I'm playing a generated campaign from the US side against the Germans late in the war. One of my Jumbo shermans gets blasted with a 75mm round from tank in the treeline. Fearing I've got a disabled or defenseless tank on my hands, I look to the dialogue box and lo and behold the dirty rats destroyed my toolbox! Never seen that one before. Thanks to the Matrix staff for a good laugh at 1 am. The more I play this game the more I'm hooked. I wonder if Craftsman replaces screwdrivers damaged in action? Oh BTW, a squad of my engineers toasted that tank 2 turns later.
Don't smile too much. If your tank gets stuck, or something breaks down. you won't be able to repair it. Everything on a tank in this game has a purpose. Now explain to me why a Ferdinand can knock out a moving tank at 1200 metres, after its main gun optics have been destroyed. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 3
- 3/20/2001 10:34:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: Don't smile too much. If your tank gets stuck, or something breaks down. you won't be able to repair it. Everything on a tank in this game has a purpose. Now explain to me why a Ferdinand can knock out a moving tank at 1200 metres, after its main gun optics have been destroyed. troopie
Troopie, It the Germans using that good 'ole Kentucky... er.... Frankfurt windage and a SWAG (Scientific Wild A**ed Guess) to compute the gun settings. Actually, most vehicle weapons systems comwith at least some type of backup sighting device. If the main gun optics get knocked out, the crew begins to use the backup (at a reduced percentage to hit) to engage targets.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 4
- 3/20/2001 10:47:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

I'm sure the Tank Commander won't be smiling when the Battalion S4 hits him with the dreaded "Report of Survey." The hard working taxpayers bought that tool box to be used for vehicle maintenance, not frivolously discarded in combat! The cost will be withheld from his future pay, assuming he survives the battle.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 5
- 3/20/2001 11:46:00 AM   
Tankhead

I remember back last fall when I was testing Heroes Of The Motherland for Wild Bill I had grenades not exploding, did know what was going on till I took the time and read the info box and said dud way :cool: :D Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 6
- 3/22/2001 9:01:00 AM   
murx

After playing SPwaw for like 60 hours or so overall I got my first real cool tankhit... A Pz.IVe hit with his 75mm/L24 a French H-39. It said something like Turret Ring hit, tank destroyed ... Nice - but would like to see it more offten esp. with higher experience. That tanker knew were to aim... murx

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 7
- 3/22/2001 12:56:00 PM   
Latka

I blew up a fuel dump for the first time the other day... man, those things have a nice little animated sequence when they go up. Now I seek them out just for the entertainment factor!

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> They destroyed my what? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI