Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide when I increase tax rate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide when I increase tax rate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide when I ... - 6/24/2014 6:06:48 PM   
Chris McMahon

So my homeworld is a Q100 Planet. I built a lot of wonders on it (development level 175) and dropped the tax rate to 0. I wanted to know what the best-case max population of the planet was.

After about 15 years of a 30% growth rate, I finally hit max population ~35billion. Great, now I can finally make some profit from this money sink! So I increase the tax rate from 0 to 65%. According to the happiness rating (+20), I could have increased it further, but I like to keep my colonies at +20. I unpause the game (to 1x speed). Instantly my population drops to 25 billion. Instantly!

Did they load onto passenger transport ships? No, there were none in orbit, plus that would take a LOT of transports. I can only surmise that when confronted with a 65% tax rate for the first time, ~10 billion colonists lost their **** and decided that suicide was the only viable course of action.

WTF?
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide whe... - 6/24/2014 6:12:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

Do you have a save file for this that you could upload?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Chris McMahon)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide whe... - 6/24/2014 6:25:37 PM   
Chris McMahon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Do you have a save file for this that you could upload?

Only one from 30 minutes or so after it happened. Any use?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide whe... - 6/26/2014 1:33:00 AM   
Chris McMahon

Ok, I found a save approx 10 minutes before the issue and replayed up until the maxing out of the population.

Most probably, the bug was the high initial population. When I reloaded the game, this time the population maxed out at ~28 billion. Then I applied the 65% rate rate and it only dropped down to 27.6 billion.

So I'd say that when the game removed ~10 billion from the colony, it was just "fixing" whatever allowed the population to exceed the normal max for the planet.

Post #: 4
RE: 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide whe... - 6/26/2014 10:16:17 AM   
Bingeling

Did it have a disaster happen that reduced quality? I assume it was not bombarded.

Post #: 5
RE: 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide whe... - 6/26/2014 1:29:08 PM   
Chris McMahon

No disaster or bombardment. This was my home world. Both before and after, the planet quality was 100.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.4 Population commits instant mass suicide when I increase tax rate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI