Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> [edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch - 8/10/2014 6:23:36 AM   
Vardis

Ships with a character bonus to energy savings aren't getting their range calculated correctly. Even at full speed toward a target, the target may end up being unreachable w/o running out of fuel, when it was within apparent range before going into warp.

uploaded: Vardis - energy savings range miscalc. Assault fleet bound to 1 exhibits this behavior, with a fleet admiral of 30% energy savings and a ship captain of 10%.

Actually, I'm wondering if the problem is the energy savings isn't being applied properly in practice and the calculated range is correct. If I dismiss both characters, my ship was arriving at the target. With them, it runs out of fuel. With a 30% energy savings, I should be getting more range, since it costs less energy (and thus fuel) to do everything, right?

< Message edited by Vardis -- 8/10/2014 6:26:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Range miscalculation - 8/10/2014 8:45:09 AM   
feelotraveller

Was this with either 1.9.5.6 patch?

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 2
RE: Range miscalculation - 8/10/2014 2:36:06 PM   
Vardis

It was under 1.9.5.5, and after I opted into the beta and tested it, it appears that this has already been fixed with 1.9.5.6... and is specifically in the patch notes. Sorry for the bother.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> [edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI