[edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Vardis -> [edit]ignore - resolved with beta patch (8/10/2014 6:23:36 AM)

Ships with a character bonus to energy savings aren't getting their range calculated correctly. Even at full speed toward a target, the target may end up being unreachable w/o running out of fuel, when it was within apparent range before going into warp.

uploaded: Vardis - energy savings range miscalc. Assault fleet bound to 1 exhibits this behavior, with a fleet admiral of 30% energy savings and a ship captain of 10%.

Actually, I'm wondering if the problem is the energy savings isn't being applied properly in practice and the calculated range is correct. If I dismiss both characters, my ship was arriving at the target. With them, it runs out of fuel. With a 30% energy savings, I should be getting more range, since it costs less energy (and thus fuel) to do everything, right?

feelotraveller -> RE: Range miscalculation (8/10/2014 8:45:09 AM)

Was this with either 1.9.5.6 patch?

Vardis -> RE: Range miscalculation (8/10/2014 2:36:06 PM)

It was under 1.9.5.5, and after I opted into the beta and tested it, it appears that this has already been fixed with 1.9.5.6... and is specifically in the patch notes. Sorry for the bother.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI