Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Something’s not working right with event editor and units.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Something’s not working right with event editor and units. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Something’s not working right with event editor and units. - 8/13/2014 12:38:31 AM   
airwinger63

In the attached scenario, there are three sets of Big Mesh surveillance radars in "red" country, with only the primary of each group actively radiating. In the event editor, the second radar is set to have its assigned mission go active from inactive once the primary radar is either damage (as little as 1 DP) or destroyed in that order.

The "blue" force's A-6s, dropping LGBs do damage or destroy the primaries (either will work), the log shows the damage or destruction, the scrolling text will show mission event firing off, yet the secondary radars for the primary radar that have been damaged or destroyed will not start radiating. I’ve tried several different ways with EMCON and F9 or Group unit doctrine. I have set up other similar events via the event editor to launch CAPS with inbound enemy aircraft and they work fine. Not sure what I'm missing or do not understand, thanks.

File was written under ver. 551 and rebuilt with ver. 554

Airwinger63

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 5/26/2016 11:08:37 AM >

IYAOYAS

If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't ****.
Post #: 1
RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and... - 8/16/2014 12:06:44 PM   
Dimitris

Thanks! Logged.

(in reply to airwinger63)
Post #: 2
RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and... - 8/16/2014 8:14:28 PM   
airwinger63

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Airwinger63.

P.S.

I modded the scenario, and added three fighters to red side (on same missions) that take off when the primary radar are damaged/destroyed, the fighters do launch and come after the A-6s.

IYAOYAS

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and... - 8/17/2014 1:45:03 PM   
mikmykWS

Airwinger sorry this is happening. It looks like the mission status action choice isn't being retained in your scenario. I've added it to our priority list.

Mike

Post #: 4
RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and... - 8/18/2014 5:15:25 PM   
airwinger63

Not a problem, plenty to do here with this wonderful program. Keep up the great work.

Airwinger63

IYAOYAS

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
Redundant EWR Radars. Was..RE: Something’s not working ... - 12/22/2014 9:16:39 PM   
airwinger63

Finally got this to work with a Lua script. With either the damage (as little as 1DP) of, or destruction of each primary EWR, the back-up EWR comes on line. Lua script changes the mission status from inactive to active. Run the file as blue and watch the 3 flights of A-6s take out the 3 different red EWRs.

Airwinger63

Attachment (1)

IYAOYAS

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Something’s not working right with event editor and units. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI