Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 3:14:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

This should be available as an official update later today and adds onto the 1.9.5.6 Beta 1 and 2 changes:

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash when ship attacks target
- fixed crash when reviewing pirate character traits
- fixed crash when fighter evaluates enemy threats
- fixed crash when empire declares war
- fixed crash when opening Construction Yards screen
- fixed rare crash when applying sun shadow graphics on planets in low-memory conditions

MODDING
- allow customizing diplomacy mood music to be race-specific (music played when open Diplomatic Contact screen). Will play race-specific music when named race subfolder present under Customization\THEMENAME\sounds\effects (e.g. Customization\MyTheme\sounds\effects\human). Mood music filenames as follows: diplomacyMoodNeutral.mp3, diplomacyMoodAngry.mp3, diplomacyMoodHappy.mp3, diplomacyMoodMenacing.mp3
- increased maximum number of components from 170 to 300 (components.txt)
- added optional ship design template files for planet destroyers in themes. To use, place a custom ship design template named "PlanetDestroyer.txt" in the appropriate race folder
- added new super weapon types, allowing different types of planet destroyer weapons: in addition to the default super beam weapons can now also have super torpedos, super missiles, super rail guns, super phasers. Any of these can be set to be planet destroying weapons when damage is 10,000 or greater (weapon component Value1). Particularly useful in conjunction with new planet destroyer ship design templates mentioned above. To add these new super weapons to a custom theme, use the following values in the components.txt file (Type): 62=SuperTorpedo, 63=SuperMissile, 64=SuperRailGun, 65=SuperPhaser. You can also focus an empire's tech efforts to these new areas using the following new values in the race policy files (ResearchDesignTechFocus1-6): 30=SuperTorpedo, 31=SuperMissile, 32=SuperRailGun, 33=SuperPhaser

OTHER
- decreased chance of counterintelligence intercepting enemy intelligence missions, especially when targeted enemy agent has high mission skill level (i.e. harder to catch)
- fixed display of game difficulty level in Achievements tab of Empire Comparisons screen (was previously sometimes mislabelling difficulty levels)
- AI ship design now better at shrinking mining ships when maximum construction size is low
- AI ship design now better at shrinking military ships with fighter bays when maximum construction size is low

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 3:19:21 PM   
ehsumrell1

Thanks Erik!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 3:38:25 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

- allow customizing diplomacy mood music to be race-specific (music played when open Diplomatic Contact screen). Will play race-specific music when named race subfolder present under Customization\THEMENAME\sounds\effects (e.g. Customization\MyTheme\sounds\effects\human). Mood music filenames as follows: diplomacyMoodNeutral.mp3, diplomacyMoodAngry.mp3, diplomacyMoodHappy.mp3, diplomacyMoodMenacing.mp3

Wow that's great! , Thanks!
edit: please , please add also race-specific soundtrack assignment, thanks!

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/13/2014 5:19:08 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 3
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 3:42:11 PM   
PsyKoSnake

Lurchi will be happy with this one.

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 8/13/2014 4:42:26 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 4
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 6:16:13 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you very much!
This will be GREAT.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 5
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 6:18:22 PM   
tjhkkr

Hey Erik: does the file names in the main effects still work? In other words, will diplomacyMoodNeutral.mp3, diplomacyMoodAngry.mp3, diplomacyMoodHappy.mp3, diplomacyMoodMenacing.mp3 still work from the Customization\THEMENAME\sounds\effects folder?

Thank you AGAIN to Erik Elliot!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 6
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 7:02:09 PM   
fierceking

Love the increase in the component cap.

Is there any chance of...

- increasing the cap on resources
- allow for more than 5 resources for the manufacture of a component
- allow planets to produce more than 6 resources (cap is at 6)

??

Post #: 7
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 7:57:45 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

Hey Erik: does the file names in the main effects still work? In other words, will diplomacyMoodNeutral.mp3, diplomacyMoodAngry.mp3, diplomacyMoodHappy.mp3, diplomacyMoodMenacing.mp3 still work from the Customization\THEMENAME\sounds\effects folder?

Thank you AGAIN to Erik Elliot!

Yes TJ, they still work.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 8
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/13/2014 10:28:13 PM   
aZmoDen

Is there any way we could get the shakturi ship design templates moddable? as it, no matter what you change ingame they just come out as default.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 9
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/14/2014 1:16:53 PM   
Icemania

The updates are great as always.

I'm interesting in forward plans as well. There is still quite a lot on the developer support wishlist for the AI Improvement Mod including a number of bugs. Elliot did ask for more AI Improvement Suggestions ...

< Message edited by Icemania -- 8/14/2014 2:17:30 PM >

(in reply to aZmoDen)
Post #: 10
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/15/2014 11:41:26 AM   
corwin90

This update is awesome. I really appreciate the modding features.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 11
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/15/2014 1:45:21 PM   
panzer bill

I bought the 8/14/14 are the updates included in the download or do I need to get all of the updates on the products download page?

Thanks

Any advice for a brand new player? Feeling a little overwhelmed!

Post #: 12
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/15/2014 5:46:56 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzer bill

I bought the 8/14/14 are the updates included in the download or do I need to get all of the updates on the products download page?

Thanks

Any advice for a brand new player? Feeling a little overwhelmed!

Depends, if its the Steam version, I believe they have a type of auto-updater (not a steam user, so don't take my word for it).

To be safe, I'd update to at least the latest official update release.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to panzer bill)
Post #: 13
RE: A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List - 8/15/2014 8:50:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, always update first before playing. If you purchased from our store, just click on the "Check for Update" button on the game menu/launcher which you use to start the game.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A preview of the v1.9.5.7 Change List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI