Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related - 8/5/2014 6:25:50 PM   
MeridianForm

Game buggy since purchase

First, the slightly annoying bug of the game periodically turning off music and disabling all music play while the game is running. I have to completely close the game down and reopen for music (including iTunes) to function.

Second, and far worse, I am running into errors like "out of memory" and "needs to close" all the time now. I have a whole 4 colonies and about 100+ military starships.

I purchased the game only about 1-2 weeks ago, but this is a crippling dysfunction. I cannot play the game beyond a certain point, it just keeps crashing faster and faster.

My system: I7 4930k @ 4ghz, 16gb 1600mhz RAM, Nvidia GTX770, etc. etc., running the game on a 1080p display (1920x1080). I don't think my system is inadequate.

Why am I having memory-related issues with this game? Nothing else I play (Guild Wars 2, Dota 2, StarCraft 2, etc.) has any issues.

Symptoms that suggest imminent game crashes include flickering of research screen, sluggish/piece by piece loading of other game windows like ship building, etc.

Only crash log so far:

8:01:15 PM Wednesday, July 30, 2014

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle rect)
at DistantWorlds.Main.FJkCa3FxVRYrE5Fp0ab(Object , Object , Rectangle )
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrecacheScaledBitmap(Bitmap unscaledBitmap, Int32 width, Int32 height, InterpolationMode interpolation, CompositingQuality compositing, SmoothingMode smoothing, PixelFormat pixelFormat)
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrecacheScaledBitmap(Bitmap unscaledBitmap, Int32 width, Int32 height, InterpolationMode interpolation, CompositingQuality compositing, SmoothingMode smoothing)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.i70IiaGi40r(Habitat , Bitmap )
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.sT4IiAf8JCN(Habitat , Boolean , Bitmap& , Boolean& )
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.ayUIiMcuO6j()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna()
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---
Post #: 1
RE: v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related - 8/13/2014 9:27:11 PM   
warzer

out of memory errors and extremely slow performance late game is why i stopped playing. I hope it will improve with time but I think the 32bit limitation with these types of games makes them unplayable.

(in reply to MeridianForm)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related - 8/14/2014 3:47:26 PM   
Werewolf13

quote:

ORIGINAL: warzer

out of memory errors and extremely slow performance late game is why i stopped playing. I hope it will improve with time but I think the 32bit limitation with these types of games makes them unplayable.

One wonders why both 64b and 32b versions are not available?

Most games are written these days using a version of C++ or C#. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a fairly simple operation when the final code is written to compile both a 64b and a 32b version.

Then again it's been a few years since I used C. Maybe just flipping a switch in the compiler isn't all that easy any more.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to warzer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> v1.9.5.5 issues, out of memory related Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI