Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(554) AWACS and their ability to detect stealthy ships.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> (554) AWACS and their ability to detect stealthy ships. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(554) AWACS and their ability to detect stealthy ships. - 8/14/2014 6:45:57 PM   
severe7

I’ve been playing around with stealthy ships like the D 35 Dragon (type 45), DDG 1000 Zumwalt, and the K31 Visby and noticed something. They are really easy to detect by radars such as the E-3C sentry’s AN/APY-2 RSIP and the A-50U Mainstay (shmel-2). As soon as these radars get in range of any ship they immediately detect them, the orientation of the ship has no apparent effect on the result.

This means that an AWACS can detect a stealth ship (or even the smallest RHIB) at exactly the same range as the largest commercial RO/RO vessel in the database.

I’m not sure if this is intended behaviour and airborne radars are this exact, but it seems strange that the ability to detect ships for this kind of radars is so powerful that stealth has no impact on it whatsoever.
To recreate this I’ve attached a scenario with two sides, awacs and ships. To reproduce the behaviour simply let the E-3C sentry continue its course until it comes into radar range of the ships.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: (554) AWACS and their ability to detect stealthy sh... - 8/14/2014 7:34:59 PM   
ComDev

Yeah known issue. A bit complex, will look into when we're back.

Thanks

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to severe7)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> (554) AWACS and their ability to detect stealthy ships. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI