Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pointers on MCM?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Pointers on MCM? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pointers on MCM? - 8/25/2014 1:26:59 AM   
Juramentado

I've set a mission area and assigned an MCM. I verified where the mines are by checking in God's Eye view, and then backed out again to let the AI operate. The MCM/POD window has all of the MCM tools checked off. Sweeper still runs into the 1st mine in the field and is damaged. I set it to about 5 kts. What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Pointers on MCM? - 8/25/2014 12:54:29 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

Sweeper still runs into the 1st mine in the field and is damaged. I set it to about 5 kts. What am I missing?

It is supposed to take a little amount of damage with every mine being neutralized for simulation propuses.
Maybe check out this video. Pretty much explains everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_GRs1fdPxs

Greetings!

(in reply to Juramentado)
Post #: 2
RE: Pointers on MCM? - 8/25/2014 2:08:43 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juramentado
I've set a mission area and assigned an MCM. I verified where the mines are by checking in God's Eye view, and then backed out again to let the AI operate. The MCM/POD window has all of the MCM tools checked off. Sweeper still runs into the 1st mine in the field and is damaged. I set it to about 5 kts. What am I missing?

Hello,

Different types of MCM equipment have different sweeping & detection capability against different types of mines (certain mine types are immune to sweep altogether). If the system you are employing is consistently failing to sweep or detect the mine it may well be unsuitable for it. A save game would allow us to look into this for sure.

Thanks.

(in reply to Juramentado)
Post #: 3
RE: Pointers on MCM? - 8/25/2014 2:09:59 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0
It is supposed to take a little amount of damage with every mine being neutralized for simulation purposes.

Not automatically. If the sweep-induced detonation is close enough to the MCM vessel then yes, shock damage will be inflicted.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Pointers on MCM? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI