Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lancasters!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lancasters! Page: <<   < prev  521 522 [523] 524 525   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lancasters! - 9/16/2014 8:37:46 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Why is the vertical stabiliser on the Lancaster so scalloped? Is it fabric?

My money is on the non-optic standard Perspex canopy.......

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 15661
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 6:50:15 AM   
sprior

We need to get to Osaka. I hear the love hotels are great there

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 15662
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 1:34:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Shall I send East Africa Brigade?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 15663
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 1:51:16 PM   
Mundy

It was probably a reaction from me referring to his app as "Intel Baboon" once.

I'm progressing to using every simian in my references.

Ed-

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 15664
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 1:53:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Oh, Japan...

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 15665
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 2:07:31 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

Ed-

Sorry but that monkey is the only one with a legally public domain selfie!

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 15666
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 3:44:17 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

Ed-

Sorry but that monkey is the only one with a legally public domain selfie!

Sorry, it is not legally public domain. He took it, he owns it. You need to get permission from him(?) first before using it.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 15667
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 3:51:22 PM   
witpqs

Nah, the monkey lost in court. He ticked off the judge by screaming and biting opposing counsel!

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 15668
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 4:10:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

That really is an improbably good-looking monkey.

He's the Rico Suave of the Simians. I think he had his teeth whitened as well but may have gone too far on the nsoe job.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 15669
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 4:10:57 PM   
Chickenboy

I wonder if he's had bleaching on his...

oh...never mind...

Post #: 15670
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 4:14:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

SG and PG are going on a cruise to Mexico with the 12 and unders.............what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

SG: ...It's really a good deal. Only 900 for the three of us.

FAM: Before the bar bill, you mean.........

I hope they have plenty of lifeboats. I imagine the ship running aground somewhere near Ensanada while the Captain is "entertaining" PG.

Post #: 15671
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 4:25:32 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

SG and PG are going on a cruise to Mexico with the 12 and unders.............what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

I hope they have plenty of lifeboats. I imagine the ship running aground somewhere near Ensanada while the Captain is "entertaining" PG.

During hurricane season? Have you read the news recently? The Mexican army is putting everyone on planes & sending them north.

There is a really good joke in there.....

Post #: 15672
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 4:36:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

During hurricane season? Have you read the news recently? The Mexican army is putting everyone on planes & sending them north.

Thus the discount.

I think it's in November. Might be cold then but Hurricane season should be over.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 15673
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 5:43:16 PM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

They're all-metal. Don't know why they're that shape but the B-24's is too.

Early radar defense?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 15674
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 9:24:50 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

Thus the discount.

I think it's in November. Might be cold then but Hurricane season should be over.

Hurricane season officially ends on November 30th, although I can hardly recall one in November in all of the 53 years I have lived in Florida.
September is the peak month.

Hans

Post #: 15675
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 9:55:22 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I looked it up. The Eastern Pacific season also ends Nov 30 and the great majority of the storms never get near Ensenada but you could have big waves that would make things unpleasant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Pacific_hurricane_season

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 15676
RE: Lancasters! - 9/18/2014 11:40:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

That really is an improbably good-looking monkey.

He's the Rico Suave of the Simians. I think he had his teeth whitened as well but may have gone too far on the nsoe job.

He has better teeth than I do!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15677
RE: Lancasters! - 9/19/2014 1:30:55 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Why doncha offer to save 'em some money? Buy 'em each a case of Hendrick's and hand them a bag to crap into. You can also slip them some apomorphine or syrup of ipecac for the real showstopper later.

Post #: 15678
RE: Lancasters! - 9/19/2014 5:20:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I'm beginning to wonder if Admiral Lord Sprior discovered a big cache of Thai sticks in Tavoy. He sent me a turn from the previous day of battle.

Saw a picture of Pocahantas Girl's new "boyfirend" (who is 16 or 17 or 18 years younger than her). He is the Rico Suave type. He would be well cast as a Latin-American drug kingpin. In fact he kinda looks like the selfie monkey in human form.

Speaking of monkeys, I went to the Angels game last night. They have already clinched the AL West so Scioscia benched Trout and Pujols and some others. As a consequence, nobody could get a hit. Finally, in the eighth someobody got an infield hit and then someone else got on base with an error so they trot out the "Rally Monkey".

The is a white faced Kapuchin with an Angels jersey and he jumps up and down and waves his arms and bares his teeth as monkeys are given to do. Then the other 40,000 simians in the park are supposed to do the same thing. There were two middle-aged women with LPGA haircuts next to us who seemed to come alive with joyous celebration when the rally monkey came out. They clutched their own rally monkey talismans to their bosoms. One had this black short hair and a face which had never been hit by a photon and she stuck out her chin and held her talisman and it occurred to me she had literally BECOME the rally monkey. So I am trying to point the is out to Stalker Girl because it is funnier than Hell but a crowd wave is approaching so she doesn't hear me so I raise my voice....

"THAT WOMAN IN THE GREY NEXT TO <wave approaches> YOU <wave passes, noise falls> SHE LOOKS LIKE THE FREAKING RALLY MONKEY

Stalker Girl looks over..."I think you said that too loud" <starts laughing>

I hide behind SG for about 30 seconds then I lean forward a bit and rally monkey girl is staring straight at me and she is PISSED. Evidently she took offense. I went back to hiding.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/19/2014 6:21:38 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 15679
RE: Lancasters! - 9/19/2014 8:11:13 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

I'm beginning to wonder if Admiral Lord Sprior discovered a big cache of Thai sticks in Tavoy. He sent me a turn from the previous day of battle.

Saw a picture of Pocahantas Girl's new "boyfirend" (who is 16 or 17 or 18 years younger than her). He is the Rico Suave type. He would be well cast as a Latin-American drug kingpin. In fact he kinda looks like the selfie monkey in human form.

Speaking of monkeys, I went to the Angels game last night. They have already clinched the AL West so Scioscia benched Trout and Pujols and some others. As a consequence, nobody could get a hit. Finally, in the eighth someobody got an infield hit and then someone else got on base with an error so they trot out the "Rally Monkey".

The is a white faced Kapuchin with an Angels jersey and he jumps up and down and waves his arms and bares his teeth as monkeys are given to do. Then the other 40,000 simians in the park are supposed to do the same thing. There were two middle-aged women with LPGA haircuts next to us who seemed to come alive with joyous celebration when the rally monkey came out. They clutched their own rally monkey talismans to their bosoms. One had this black short hair and a face which had never been hit by a photon and she stuck out her chin and held her talisman and it occurred to me she had literally BECOME the rally monkey. So I am trying to point the is out to Stalker Girl because it is funnier than Hell but a crowd wave is approaching so she doesn't hear me so I raise my voice....

"THAT WOMAN IN THE GREY NEXT TO <wave approaches> YOU <wave passes, noise falls> SHE LOOKS LIKE THE FREAKING RALLY MONKEY

I hide behind SG for about 30 seconds then I lean forward a bit and rally monkey girl is staring straight at me and she is PISSED. Evidently she took offense. I went back to hiding.

You should have added " ... not that there's anything wrong with that."
Apparently this intonation allows you to be politically incorrect and correct all in the same sentence! FREE PASS!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 15680
RE: Lancasters! - 9/19/2014 9:07:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

You should have added " ... not that there's anything wrong with that."
Apparently this intonation allows you to be politically incorrect and correct all in the same sentence! FREE PASS!

Well, maybe that would work if you said it right away but not after the aggrieved party is staring at you, grinding their teeth.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 15681
RE: Lancasters! - 9/19/2014 9:21:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

We are having our "Meaningful Use 10 Upgrade" to our electronic medical record this weekend. Please keep us in your prayers whether you are a papist or nutcase unitarian, Hale-Bopp comet worshipper or even a Cargo Cultist on Tanna (after all the "attractive" women have left).

I'll start.........Sweet Baby Jesus, thank you for our existing electronic medical record which has greatly increased the blessedness of our medical records (unless we accidentally enter stuff into the wrong chart) and for the soon to come wondrous opportunity to identify 1000 different types of important conditions (like constipation) among our brothers and sisters....and thank you Sweet Babby Jesus for adding new codes like "Attack by Emperor Penguin, multiple wounds, first encounter" so that our blessed bretheren bean counters can add everything up and protect us from sudden outbreaks of Emperor Penguin attacks even though I am pretty sure Sweet Babby Jesus that you wouldn't have something like that happen on purpose....but...now that I think about it what is the deal with all the West Nile virus around here...well, I don't mean to complain..so We beseech thee to protect us from slow sytem performance and freezes on Monday.

Amen

Post #: 15682
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 4:35:15 AM   
BBfanboy

"Slow system performance" ... sounds like the aforementioned constipation.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 15683
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 4:45:11 AM   
witpqs

quote:

You both might benefit from this.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 15684
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 4:51:38 AM   
witpqs

Or if you need a quick break while waiting for the new system to copy things to the crash-ready hard drives, try this.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 15685
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 9:17:05 AM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

quote:

I never thought fiber in my diet would be so appealing!! :P

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 15686
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 9:55:14 AM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Why is the vertical stabiliser on the Lancaster so scalloped? Is it fabric?

My money is on the non-optic standard Perspex canopy.......

It is the Perspex, probably combined with the fact that the old girl was hot from sitting in the sun for a while and the pics were taken on a phone rather than with an actual camera.

And now back to your scheduled programming.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 15687
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 1:52:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

We are having our "Meaningful Use 10 Upgrade" to our electronic medical record this weekend. Please keep us in your prayers whether you are a papist or nutcase unitarian, Hale-Bopp comet worshipper or even a Cargo Cultist on Tanna (after all the "attractive" women have left).

I'll start.........Sweet Baby Jesus, thank you for our existing electronic medical record which has greatly increased the blessedness of our medical records (unless we accidentally enter stuff into the wrong chart) and for the soon to come wondrous opportunity to identify 1000 different types of important conditions (like constipation) among our brothers and sisters....and thank you Sweet Babby Jesus for adding new codes like "Attack by Emperor Penguin, multiple wounds, first encounter" so that our blessed bretheren bean counters can add everything up and protect us from sudden outbreaks of Emperor Penguin attacks even though I am pretty sure Sweet Babby Jesus that you wouldn't have something like that happen on purpose....but...now that I think about it what is the deal with all the West Nile virus around here...well, I don't mean to complain..so We beseech thee to protect us from slow sytem performance and freezes on Monday.

Amen

You misspelled 'baby' about halfway through.

System error.

Reboot.

Post #: 15688
RE: Lancasters! - 9/20/2014 1:59:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Meh.

Try this instead:

https://screen.yahoo.com/colon-blow-000000540.html

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 15689
RE: Lancasters! - 9/23/2014 5:24:21 AM   
sprior

I think I'm lost, do we know the turn file sits with?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 15690
Page:   <<   < prev  521 522 [523] 524 525   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lancasters! Page: <<   < prev  521 522 [523] 524 525   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI