Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Impossible victory?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Impossible victory? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impossible victory? - 9/15/2014 6:49:14 PM   
stanberyc@yahoo.com

Hi all,

So I recently started a non-custom game of Return of the Shakturi and I'm not sure if it is possible for me to win. In the non-custom settings, it appears that racial victory conditions are disabled as you are expected to win through story events. However, the Shakturi appeared within a space-stone's throw of my empire and I had already colonized all other worlds in that area. Having nowhere to expand they declared war on me almost immediately.

I decided I would end it quickly and sent a massive fleet with a bombardment fleet right behind them and wiped out the Shakturi. No victory though as they hadn't revealed their true nature and the victory conditions hadn't been modified. Went back to an older save and now I'm just trying to sit out their attacks hoping the story progresses. My fleets and defenses are pretty strong, but after a number of years they're starting to wear out.

Is there anything I can do to win this game? Is it a weird bug that I didn't get victory after destroying their homeworld?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Impossible victory? - 9/16/2014 4:25:16 PM   
MikeSF

It might be that you need to simply find all the beacons still, yeah you wiped them out, but still need to trigger events and what not. Somewhere there's a checklist "Went to clue 1, clue 2, clue 3, return of old 'mysterious' race, Shakturi expose themselves, destroy Shakturi homeworld" and the ordering won't matter as long as you do everything.

(in reply to stanberyc@yahoo.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Impossible victory? - 9/16/2014 4:38:01 PM   
stanberyc@yahoo.com

Hmm, pretty sure there are no active beacons up anymore, but I'll check when I get back home.

(in reply to MikeSF)
Post #: 3
RE: Impossible victory? - 9/17/2014 12:10:48 AM   
stanberyc@yahoo.com

So no beacons, but I ended up giving the Shak some mining bases to end the war. Almost immediately after that the big reveal happened and I was able to win.

(in reply to stanberyc@yahoo.com)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Impossible victory? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI