Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Could this be it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Could this be it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could this be it? - 9/19/2014 7:01:53 PM   
GreyWolf16

I have been looking for a multi-multi player, turn based, hex war game for some time now. Could this be it?

I while back I had a blast playing a version of Diplomacy online where we were able to negotiate and take our time submissing our turns.

Of course after a few wars we started to long for a bit more complexity and hexes to manauver in.

Can someone here explain the multiplayer functionality of AT-Gold? Each player does submit their moves when they want right? And then I presume each player can view the combat results at their leisure?

Thanks for any clarification here.
Post #: 1
RE: Could this be it? - 9/19/2014 7:16:12 PM   
falco148

Don't expect any simple explanations here GungaDin. The manual tells you next to nothing at all about multi-player and the people that do play it here seem determined to give noobies little or no useful information about it at all. I don't know if their afraid of competition or just want to keep it like an old boys club or something. Anyway good luck!

(in reply to GreyWolf16)
Post #: 2
RE: Could this be it? - 9/19/2014 8:11:04 PM   
Twotribes

Each player does his turn submits it to the next player who can view what happened that he saw and then does his turn and submits it to the next player.

(in reply to falco148)
Post #: 3
RE: Could this be it? - 9/19/2014 8:12:41 PM   
falco148

Really?? I'd have never have guessed.....lol

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Could this be it? - 9/19/2014 8:59:32 PM   
Shadehawk

quote:

Can someone here explain the multiplayer functionality of AT-Gold? Each player does submit their moves when they want right? And then I presume each player can view the combat results at their leisure?

Yes, that is basically it. There is also an anti-cheat function that can be set to on or off when you start a new game. It reports if your opponent(s) reloaded a save several times and things like that. It can be a bit of a hassle, as it will report saving and reloading a turn as a potential cheat and in huge games it can be a bit hard to play a turn in one setting, so often players have a gentleman's agreement to not cheat and turn it off.

I love this game! The AI is ok, but playing with/against other humans are truly fun.

(in reply to GreyWolf16)
Post #: 5
RE: Could this be it? - 9/20/2014 5:29:46 AM   
Vic

Furthermore among others ATG supports the following functionality:

*Declaring War
*Making Peace
*Making alliances
*Breaking alliances (with all hassle involved if units are mixed up with ally)
*Giving units to other player
*Giving research to other player
*Giving territory to other player
*Sending in-game messages

However due to the IGO-UGO nature of the game I would not recommend a PBEM game with more than 5 human players.

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 9/20/2014 7:57:56 AM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Shadehawk)
Post #: 6
RE: Could this be it? - 9/20/2014 5:52:38 AM   
Whydmer

There is a history function built into the game, and whether or not you are playing a multi-player game or against the AI you can click on the history icon (it looks like a book) and review either every move that was made between your last turn and the present, or just look at the battles.

When you complete your turn in a multi-player game you are given an option to quit and save, and then you send the save file on to the next person. It is an IGOUGO game.

(in reply to Shadehawk)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Could this be it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI