Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Regret Purchase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> RE: Regret Purchase Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/20/2014 5:23:08 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:13:01 AM >

(in reply to ribaluigi)
Post #: 31
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/20/2014 6:54:34 PM   
wodin

Love the combat mechanics. Love the artwork. Just a shame it struggles o play out like WW1. The maneuver aspect of the War it does fairly well but falls down when it comes to the static side of things which considering on the West front thats from Nov '14 o March '18 is a problem.

Also when I see things like being able to use a box barrage during Aug\Sep '14 shows me we have some serious issues going on. Arty and it's use was a long slow learning curve on how to use it effectively and I thin box barrage that early in the War is pushing it. Things like the creeping barrage was dabbled wih after making a kind of appearance during Loos offensive it still took another two to three years to perfect it and was used effectively through the last 100 days.

At the start of the War Arty was looked down on by the Inf and Cavalry on the British side anyway. No combined arms training was done pre war and communication between the Inf an Arty was pretty much non existent. Arty and the airforce where probably he two arms of the service that evolved through the war until hey where a different beats more or less altogether.

As I said before I wish WW1Gold had this games combat mechanics (after some historical tweaking). Then I'd have the ultimate WW1 Grand Strat game.

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/20/2014 7:56:32 PM >

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 32
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/20/2014 8:01:35 PM   
Gilmer

I have to agree Wodin. This is a good game, but it doesn't catch the feel of the trench warfare on the WF. I like this game better than all the other Ageod games I have, but it doesn't really capture the feel you expect on the West Front.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 33
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 6:40:54 AM   
Ace1_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Love the combat mechanics. Love the artwork. Just a shame it struggles o play out like WW1. The maneuver aspect of the War it does fairly well but falls down when it comes to the static side of things which considering on the West front thats from Nov '14 o March '18 is a problem.

Also when I see things like being able to use a box barrage during Aug\Sep '14 shows me we have some serious issues going on. Arty and it's use was a long slow learning curve on how to use it effectively and I thin box barrage that early in the War is pushing it. Things like the creeping barrage was dabbled wih after making a kind of appearance during Loos offensive it still took another two to three years to perfect it and was used effectively through the last 100 days.

At the start of the War Arty was looked down on by the Inf and Cavalry on the British side anyway. No combined arms training was done pre war and communication between the Inf an Arty was pretty much non existent. Arty and the airforce where probably he two arms of the service that evolved through the war until hey where a different beats more or less altogether.

As I said before I wish WW1Gold had this games combat mechanics (after some historical tweaking). Then I'd have the ultimate WW1 Grand Strat game.

As I personally filled in the database regarding battleplaner, I can say box barrage happening in 1914 might be a bug that I'll take look into. It is supposed to be available only after certain art tech is researched or if heavy rail guns are present.

I 've never seen Creeping barrage plan before late war. Did you?

As for the ww1 feel, in 1.01. beta patch after tweaking mtsg mechanics, it really has ww1 feel in multiplayer.

< Message edited by Ace1 -- 9/21/2014 8:17:16 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 34
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 10:52:11 AM   
wodin

Don't think I've seen creeping barrage but def box barrage.

(in reply to Ace1_slith)
Post #: 35
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 4:46:37 PM   
Ace1_slith

I checked and indeed there was an error there that enabled it to appear earlier. I mailed it to Pocus, hope he fixes it.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 36
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 5:05:40 PM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I have to agree Wodin. This is a good game, but it doesn't catch the feel of the trench warfare on the WF. I like this game better than all the other Ageod games I have, but it doesn't really capture the feel you expect on the West Front.

Agreed. At the moment, the game feels like CW2 with bigger stacks. I've never seen the AI coordinate an attack across a front.

I've been looking forward to the patch, but this makes me nervous.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ace1

As for the ww1 feel, in 1.01. beta patch after tweaking mtsg mechanics, it really has ww1 feel in multiplayer.

Saying the game is great in MP is not especially encouraging. Many of us are SP-only and have been hoping for a reasonable AI.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 37
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 6:10:52 PM   
Ace1_slith

There has been improvements in the AI department as well. In fact, most developer patch work has been put into AI. But AI is not and never will be as good as human opponent.

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 38
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/21/2014 9:04:12 PM   
Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ace1

There has been improvements in the AI department as well. In fact, most developer patch work has been put into AI. But AI is not and never will be as good as human opponent.

Good to hear. No one expects an AI that can rival a human player. Just observing that testing the game in MP doesn't really help improve the AI. Glad to hear they're doing both.

(in reply to Ace1_slith)
Post #: 39
RE: Regret Purchase - 9/22/2014 6:11:44 PM   
FroBodine

When is the 1.01 patch due for release, please?

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> RE: Regret Purchase Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI