Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to get mining / refueling rights?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to get mining / refueling rights? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to get mining / refueling rights? - 9/27/2014 5:01:03 AM   
Nikratio

Hello,

How do I get another empire to give me mining or refueling rights? I would have expected to find that under the "Negotiate a Trade Proposal" dialog, but it does not show up.

On the other hand, I seem to have refueling rights with the empires that *I* have granted refueling rights. Is this automatically reciprocal?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: How to get mining / refueling rights? - 9/27/2014 5:58:51 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

You have to push your relationship with that empire you want mining rights. To send an ambassador could help, deal with techs and maps und monetary gifts help.

(in reply to Nikratio)
Post #: 2
RE: How to get mining / refueling rights? - 9/27/2014 11:17:37 PM   
Aeson

quote:

On the other hand, I seem to have refueling rights with the empires that *I* have granted refueling rights. Is this automatically reciprocal?

It is not automatically reciprocal, but granting mining rights, refueling rights, or both will positively impact your image in the view of the empire to whom you have granted these kinds of rights. Be advised that you should be careful with automated warships if you have mining rights but not military refueling rights with another empire, as your automated warships will occasionally go patrol the mines you've built in foreign territory, and your diplomatic relations with that empire will suffer due to your warship's violation of their space. Once you have military refueling rights, you no longer need to worry about diplomatic penalties for having your warships present in space controlled by the empire that granted you refueling rights.

Also note that if you have the computer controlling diplomatic relations and it grants mining rights but not refueling rights, or it suggests that you grant mining rights but not refueling rights, the computer will decide that your empire has become annoyed by all these foreign warships that come into your space (because they're patrolling their own mining stations, which you kindly gave them permission to build) and may cancel (if automated) or ask you to cancel (if on suggest) the mining rights, and may additionally ask for more severe diplomatic actions, such as trade embargoes, blockades, or war (if it's on recommend; if it's automated, it can do these things on its own, and may well do so if the other empire has managed to build a reasonable number of bases in your territory before your advisers cancelled mining rights, as once mining rights are cancelled, these stations will suddenly become a large diplomatic relations penalty due to disputed bases).

As Hawkeye_BF said, sending one or more (preferably good) ambassadors, sending gifts, and making favorable (to the other empire) trade deals will help boost relations. Free Trade Agreements, private sector trade (which can be encouraged by having colonies close to the empire you want to get in good with), and Mutual Defense Pacts will also boost relations, as will granting them mining and refueling rights. It's also a good idea to give away, scrap, or sell any bases you have in another empire's space if you want to boost relations with that empire, as bases in foreign territory cause the "disputed bases" diplomatic penalty and can further increase tensions if any automated warships you have decide to go patrol around or refuel at that base. If you have any super luxuries, you may also want to consider trading these with the empires that you want to become friends with, as there's a relations penalty for not doing so. If you have any operational planet killers (Devastation Moons, World Annihilators, World Destroyers, or similar, possibly including custom designs with Super Lasers), you may wish to scrap them, as these vessels impose a diplomatic relations penalty with all other players.

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How to get mining / refueling rights? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI