Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game back available on Steam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Game back available on Steam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game back available on Steam - 10/4/2014 3:28:59 PM   
Rue

I've tried 'To End All Wars' and it's been very disappointing. I can't seem to find this game in the Steam catalogue (I only buy games on Steam these days). Is it no longer available?

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 10/12/2014 8:45:46 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Not available on Steam? - 10/4/2014 7:35:54 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Yeah, it's gone. Apparently "There was more form filling required than we realized so taking a bit longer to get through than expected". I'm not sure it explains why it was there and then pulled though.

(in reply to Rue)
Post #: 2
RE: Not available on Steam? - 10/8/2014 11:51:28 PM   
toddtreadway

Have to say that it isn't too cool offering a purchase through Steam, encouraging new players to buy it there, then removing it.

I obviously am a big supporter of Matrix, but this kind of thing is particularly irritating to people I encouraged to buy the game since they buy games almost exclusively on Steam.

I hope it reappears there soon.

And yes, I know it is still on the site and the players won't lose their purchase and they will theoretically be able to get the patches if Matrix sends them to Steam, but it does remove a certain element of support if they are not interested in coming to the Matrix site forums, etc.

(in reply to TheGreatRadish)
Post #: 3
RE: Not available on Steam? - 10/9/2014 12:10:49 PM   
IainMcNeil

You seem to think we took it off sale which is completely incorrect. We did not take it off sale and are working to get it back up ASAP. We've been hoping it will appear any day now for some time. Although you cannot buy it currently if you have a steam version or Steam key you can download it and it will update as normal. Support is still handled as any other Steam release so there is no impact on the quality of the service at all.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Game back available on Steam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI