Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/26/2014 11:52:22 AM   
gabranth

im posting this here as as support is giving this error ffs

Please include a valid Email address, and your request Description with as much detail as possible.

quote:

hi im having trouble logging in as the site won't let me register in the first place because of this

Registration Error : Please enter a valid email address.

on my email address also my backup email address there both valid i bought distant worlds with it and also registered on the forums with it yet

(in reply to ID1746)
Post #: 31
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/26/2014 2:24:44 PM   
ID1746

quote:

ORIGINAL: gabranth

im posting this here as as support is giving this error ffs

Please include a valid Email address, and your request Description with as much detail as possible.

quote:

hi im having trouble logging in as the site won't let me register in the first place because of this

Registration Error : Please enter a valid email address.

on my email address also my backup email address there both valid i bought distant worlds with it and also registered on the forums with it yet

Same as my error it seems (My email works fine to register for forum & buying the previous games, but cannot use it to register for the Member's Club), contact Storesupport @ Matrixgames . com (without the spaces ofc) They're currently helping me out, they're as puzzled as me on why it doesn't accept my email as valid.

(in reply to gabranth)
Post #: 32
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/26/2014 9:29:20 PM   
Stilletto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.

Hmmm. Seems I'm missing something here. I have all 4 Distant Worlds games. I have registered and received the $40.00 discount. Where is the $10.00 release discount for a total of $50.00? I see the download version is $49.xx on Matrix but it doesn't say anything about a $10.00 release discount. What am I missing?

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 33
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/27/2014 6:58:44 PM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galen

I just went into members club, and only Legends and Return are listed. I clicked the register game link on the left, and tried to input my base DW serial # in, but it says I am already registered....don't want to lose out on $20 coupon...can someone verify that I don't have to have all 4 listed in Members club if they are all registered?

edit: To clarify--under "my registered serial numbers" link, I show all four registered. However, in Members club, only the Legends and Return expansions are showing. Am I safe to click the coupon?

Odd, I've just run into this exact same issue. Have submitted a support ticket, and am now keeping fingers crossed...

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 34
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/27/2014 7:54:46 PM   
Abraxis

Nevermind, miss post

< Message edited by Abraxis -- 5/28/2014 1:11:12 AM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 35
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/28/2014 9:23:18 AM   
vince0018

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stilletto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

Hi guys

For those who already own one or more games/expansions in the Distant Worlds series, we have created a system for you to upgrade to Universe. You will be able to get a $ 10 discount for every Distant Worlds game/expansion you own. This means that, if you Distant Worlds plus all three expansions, you will be able to generate a $ 40 coupon code for Distant Worlds: Universe. This is then added to the $ 10 release discount (until the 29th of May) we are giving for a total of $ 50 off the regular price.

In order to generate this coupon, you must register your Distant Worlds content on the Matrix games Members Club. After you have done this, click the “My discount coupons” button on the right side. Here you will be able to get your coupon.

Note: Make sure to register ALL your Distant Worlds content before generating the coupon. It can only be done once, so if you do it before you registered all Distant Worlds keys, you will not be able to use the full discount!

After you have your discount, just add Universe to your card and enter the coupon code when required and your discount will be calculated.

This procedure will remain in place until Augusts 31st.

Hmmm. Seems I'm missing something here. I have all 4 Distant Worlds games. I have registered and received the $40.00 discount. Where is the $10.00 release discount for a total of $50.00? I see the download version is $49.xx on Matrix but it doesn't say anything about a $10.00 release discount. What am I missing?

I'm having the same issue.
Getting the $40 Discount but not the other $10.
Is this a bug/glitch?

Curious cause according the OP the $10 expires in the next 24 hours and it would
be nice to know before it's supposed to actually expire hehe.

(in reply to Stilletto)
Post #: 36
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/28/2014 9:28:15 AM   
Abraxis

It's the exchange rate from USD to CAD which is altering the expected total, it confused me too.

< Message edited by Abraxis -- 5/28/2014 10:33:09 AM >

(in reply to vince0018)
Post #: 37
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 5/28/2014 1:52:51 PM   
vince0018

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abraxis

It's the exchange rate from USD to CAD which is altering the expected total, it confused me too.

Ya you're completely right.. the game is $50USD currently, I was seeing it as $57 or something in Canadian, confused me.

Well, gonna have to scrape up $10 today to purchase it.
So happy I don't have to pay full price though lol (though DW is worth it in my opinion)

< Message edited by vince0018 -- 5/28/2014 2:53:21 PM >

(in reply to Abraxis)
Post #: 38
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/4/2014 3:56:15 AM   
dalecox

A couple of years ago I purchased DW with Return & Legends. I think I bought it directly from Matrix but I'm not sure. I'm sure it was in 2012.

I haven't played it in awhile and in the meantime I changed laptops. I kept the install files but I can no longer find the email with the serial number key so I can not install the game on this computer.

Can Matrix fix this? I tried sending a ticket but now it seems to have disappeared. I sent an email to support but I don't know how long to wait. I've seen really good things about their support on here so if someone from Matrix would contact me, I would like to get the upgrade to Universe as soon as I can.

(in reply to ID1746)
Post #: 39
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/4/2014 8:03:01 AM   
Bingeling

The support should work. If you have the old laptop with the old install, the serial keys should be in some text files in the main install directory.

RotSserialreg.txt, serialreg.txt, and friends.

(in reply to dalecox)
Post #: 40
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/4/2014 10:17:52 PM   
dalecox

Thanks for the suggestion but I sold the old laptop. Those files are gone for good, no way to retrieve them.

Haven't heard anything from support.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 41
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/7/2014 4:23:31 PM   
Noble713

Real Life has kept me a bit behind on DWU's release, but I still got a $40 discount. $9.99 for the ability to mod DW properly? That's a fair trade. Thanks guys!

(in reply to dalecox)
Post #: 42
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/8/2014 4:49:59 PM   
dalecox

Just an update. Matrix found my original purchase and sent me the codes a few days ago. I have purchased DWU and am now happily attempting to conquer the galaxy.

Thanks, support!

(in reply to Noble713)
Post #: 43
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 6/18/2014 12:06:12 AM   
Starke

EDIT: disregard, I figured out the issue.

< Message edited by Starke -- 6/18/2014 1:07:54 AM >

(in reply to dalecox)
Post #: 44
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 10/25/2014 8:31:32 PM   
mknote

So, how do I do this now? I've bought all the DW games before, and spending another $60 to do it again just isn't in my budget.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 45
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 10/25/2014 9:43:49 PM   
Bingeling

Did you try the stuff in the first post? If 'yes' and it did not work, maybe try contact matrix support?

(in reply to mknote)
Post #: 46
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 10/25/2014 10:55:09 PM   
Icemania

mknote: Unfortunately it was a limited time offer, there was a recent similar discussion on Steam, the developer response is Post 6.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 10/25/2014 11:56:56 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 47
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 11/1/2014 8:13:31 AM   
HTG

Why limit the discount for having bought the previous games of the series until end of August?? I can understand that the special discount was only a time limited offer, but the other discount for having bought the previous games of the series should not be time limited at all! That's really disappointing.
I only realized there is a possible upgrade path to Universe just now. I am not going to buy Universe as a full price game only to get a few updates and bugfixes.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 48
RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! - 11/16/2014 9:13:07 PM   
punanIkIng

quote:

ORIGINAL: HTG

Why limit the discount for having bought the previous games of the series until end of August?? I can understand that the special discount was only a time limited offer, but the other discount for having bought the previous games of the series should not be time limited at all! That's really disappointing.
I only realized there is a possible upgrade path to Universe just now. I am not going to buy Universe as a full price game only to get a few updates and bugfixes.

Yeah that's a big rip. :P

(in reply to HTG)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: How to upgrade to Universe - Get your discount! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI