Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem - 12/19/2014 12:49:10 AM   
Rankorian

The Velkie Luki tutorial--marvelous. Just the right intro for such a complex game.

But when it came to VP calculations, it seemed as though the ET for some cities was incorrect. (I am not clever enough to post screen shots)

As the Soviets (normal difficulty) holding Velkie Luki seemed to give me 20 victory points per turn, not the 10 on the VP screen. After 9 turns, and holding it for 7, I had 140 VP.

The obverse seemed to be true for the Germans and Novosokolniki, which is listed as T10. After 10 turns, they, coincidentally, had held it for 7 turns, but had 140 points. I thought maybe the ET10 meant 10 points per player 1/2 turn, but the other town for each side, also ET10, worked as I would have expected, 10 points per full turn.

Bonus help for this newbie: on the hex pop-up there are two items which I cannot find in the manual. "THREAT LEVEL 0 0 0". And "Defense 16000 [or some number just below that] (0)" Any clue as to what those items mean?

Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem - 12/19/2014 7:14:51 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rankorian

Bonus help for this newbie: on the hex pop-up there are two items which I cannot find in the manual. "THREAT LEVEL 0 0 0". And "Defense 16000 [or some number just below that] (0)" Any clue as to what those items mean?

I think they are both codes for the AI, to allow it to make force allocation determinations

(in reply to Rankorian)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem - 12/19/2014 8:24:38 AM   
morvael

I think the VPs "per turn" should always be added per half-turn (so you get twice the number listed if you hold it for the entire turn).

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem - 12/21/2014 1:30:13 AM   
Rankorian

Thank you, that is what it appears.

That gives a boost for the losing player, all else considered. If both the players get "double points", it will be harder for the winning player to get 2:1, 3:1, etc odds.

WAD?

Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tutorial VP calculation-- ? problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI