Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/18/2014 11:06:28 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: EnDSchultz
However, I'll be honest. I think area weapons of all types just need to be removed. More and more, I've been leaving research and ship design/upgrading automated, but as the XHumans, it's killing me. My cruisers get area gravitic weapons built on them, and then put into fleets. Unfortunately the there is NO provision in the combat AI for acknowledging and avoiding area weapons. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to warp into a system with overwhelming odds, only to watch your entire fleet of cruisers and battleships get sucked into their own gravity wells and torn to pieces?

There's just no point in having these weapons in the tech tree, let alone have the AI build them into ships, if they're impossible to deploy without annihilating your own fleets.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork
@EnDSchultz i cant remove area weapons, i think that game devs need to add some ai which will manage it. For now its only option to hand-design ships or to micromanage them

I agree and will add this problem to the Developer Support Wishlist for the AI Improvement Mod. I would much rather have the problem fixed than remove them as it's cool to have some diversity in weapon types.

(in reply to EnDSchultz)
Post #: 631
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/20/2014 8:56:22 PM   
Premislaus

Hi! Download is not working :-(.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 632
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/20/2014 9:01:09 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Premislaus

Hi! Download is not working :-(.

Hey thanks for report
But download working for anyone else
Also if you will leave more information and some other details explaining your case it will be helpfull
I am almost sure this is problem with your browser setting.
There been few cases when some people failed to download with not properly-set up browser which skipped captchas from download page.

(in reply to Premislaus)
Post #: 633
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/20/2014 9:17:07 PM   
Premislaus

Hi! When I rewrite captcha, this information is displayed - "Permission Denied. "VL AL 5" by Autechre may be available for download from Amazon".

BTW "Astronaut" by Maciej Bether on Jamendo, is very expressive album, on Creative Commons license.

< Message edited by Premislaus -- 12/20/2014 10:34:52 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 634
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/20/2014 11:39:16 PM   
Blackstork

Ok i see, thanks
I will check other options to solve this problem, there is certainly one.
Thanks for reporting it.
Seems the problem exist only for soundtrack. There is no problem with game (mod) itself and there no problem with alliances packages .
Only with races soundtacks - i will seek another service to upload. anyone have some tips/ideas? thanks

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 12/21/2014 12:40:17 AM >

(in reply to Premislaus)
Post #: 635
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/21/2014 12:32:50 AM   
Premislaus

I have this problem with Base Package.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 636
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/21/2014 12:34:41 AM   
Blackstork

Base do not have such problem for me, i can download it as anonymous
Odd. MAy be just try few times more?
I will check other options for hosting. Anyone who have any ideas would be wellcome.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 12/21/2014 1:36:17 AM >

(in reply to Premislaus)
Post #: 637
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/21/2014 1:00:47 AM   
Icemania

Dropbox is worth considering Blackstork. I've had no problems at all and there are no ads / captcha when downloading. The problem is the free version has a 2GB limit and you have an amazingly huge amount of content! Make sure you remove old versions etc.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 638
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/21/2014 11:53:40 AM   
Blackstork

I will re-upload all the package once A.64 is ready. I will check few options for hosting. New version will come around NY eve.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 639
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/24/2014 7:54:46 AM   
Nanosplic

Superb work Blackstork. Your mod is a triumph and makes the game an incredibly immersive experience. Any idea on when the UI might be implemented for the Tarapins? Roll on New Year!

< Message edited by Nanosplic -- 12/24/2014 8:56:28 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 640
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/24/2014 10:05:35 AM   
Blackstork

Thanks!! Cheers! :)
Tarapins UI will be ticking in Jan-Feb, its planned for actual big art update A.7
NY release will have 5-6 CS, alot of new awesome awesome immersive pedia infos written by sinFinbar and my art design , some minor fixes, and new delivery system (i will change it from mediafire to something else)

A.7 will be ultimate push to try to do as much Uis as possible in one release, 4 CS including complete Human redesign, and Naxxilian unique portrait art

(in reply to Nanosplic)
Post #: 641
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 12/24/2014 12:39:19 PM   
AKicebear

I'm also unable to download the A.6 package - I receive an error that MediaFire is unavailable, yet the other file works fine. Any possibility of using a DropBox to share one or each of these files? I find MediaFire very unreliable in China.

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 642
help with music - 12/24/2014 6:49:37 PM   
MasterChief

Ok, perhaps it's old age and soaking up too many zoomies as a missile tech, but I can't make heads or tails of the directions for including sound files. The way I am reading it, I just extract all three files into my "distant worlds universe/customization/beyond extended universe alpha" folder. However, after doing some recon before unzipping, I notice the target folder has a subfolder labeled "sounds". Should I extract to there? Am I only extracting one alliance and race at a time, as I play them ... or can I unpack them all at once? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chief of the Watch... Over the 1MC, pass the word... "DIVE!" "DIVE!"... sound two blasts of the Diving Alarm ... and pass the word, "DIVE! "DIVE!"

(in reply to AKicebear)
Post #: 643
RE: help with music - 12/25/2014 6:14:52 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: MasterChief

Ok, perhaps it's old age and soaking up too many zoomies as a missile tech, but I can't make heads or tails of the directions for including sound files. The way I am reading it, I just extract all three files into my "distant worlds universe/customization/beyond extended universe alpha" folder. However, after doing some recon before unzipping, I notice the target folder has a subfolder labeled "sounds". Should I extract to there? Am I only extracting one alliance and race at a time, as I play them ... or can I unpack them all at once? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ITs not like that actually
Alliance and Race can be combined -
1. just copy "sounds" folder from your alliance folder (not all the package) - your race's alliance folder into mod directory - overwriting the mod's sounds dir
2. Do same with "sounds" folder of race of your choice (located in your race's specific folder coming in race music packages)
I hope that helps

@AKicebear I will move the files from Mediafire. Perhaps to Dropbox.

(in reply to MasterChief)
Post #: 644
RE: help with music - 12/25/2014 3:53:33 PM   
MasterChief

That helped a lot! Thanks! The Mod is awesome!

Chief of the Watch... Over the 1MC, pass the word... "DIVE!" "DIVE!"... sound two blasts of the Diving Alarm ... and pass the word, "DIVE! "DIVE!"

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 645
RE: help with music - 12/26/2014 3:45:34 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

@Blackstork - Hey, since since the 'Research Reloaded' Mod you were going to roll in is AWOL, do you have any other candidates for tech tree mods?

(in reply to MasterChief)
Post #: 646
RE: help with music - 12/28/2014 6:05:46 AM   
Blackstork

Nope. thats an issue. I really want to see there some serious finished research mod done, so i could integrate it. I will be gladly accept modder into the team to work on research tree separately, while i will be finishing what i've started.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 647
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 12/28/2014 10:24:16 AM   
Hermundure

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the installation of this mod, maybe someone could give me a hand here.

The starting page reads:
2. Download Updage Package and extract contents →into→ DW:U/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe Alpha/

Am I right that, after I extracted the a.62 zip file into the directory which is stated on the starting page, it just adds another directory to the Beyond Extended Universe Alpha directory?
Or do I have to move the content of the newly created a.62 directory itself into the Beyond Extended Universe Alpha directory and overwrite the existing ones?

The instruction about that is a bit confusing for me :-(

Thx for your attention,
Herm

< Message edited by Hermundure -- 12/28/2014 11:26:34 AM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 648
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/28/2014 9:19:49 PM   
Rockmongrels

I tried to unzip files with winzip, I get invalid archive error, were can I get the soundtrack zip files that will unzip?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 649
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/29/2014 6:51:28 AM   
Blackstork

@Herm
you need to install contents of a.62, this means to overwrite the folders and all contents in A.60 with A.62 contents

@Rock
please try to re-download.
So far no one had such problem and all people who managed to download had their zip files ok.
Please are give more details on your problem, thanks.

(in reply to Rockmongrels)
Post #: 650
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/29/2014 8:28:52 PM   
Stardude

Hello,

I just wanted to verify this mod has the AI improvement 1.03 version. I got to this link from steam and it stated it had 1.0.2 at that time, but it was some months ago. I have been running EU 1.03 for some time, but I am really interested in the new races in this mod and the soundtrack. Thanks, any feedback is helpful.

~Stardude

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 651
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/29/2014 10:18:35 PM   
Humbleslug

Hello Blackstork,

Great Mod ... Looking forward to next release at new year (.64) ... Will you be including Das's upgraded UI mod to version 1.5 (with improved resource icons etc ...) ?

Cheers Humbleslug ...

(in reply to Stardude)
Post #: 652
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/30/2014 6:47:27 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stardude

Hello,

I just wanted to verify this mod has the AI improvement 1.03 version. I got to this link from steam and it stated it had 1.0.2 at that time, but it was some months ago. I have been running EU 1.03 for some time, but I am really interested in the new races in this mod and the soundtrack. Thanks, any feedback is helpful.

~Stardude

It uses 1.03. Simply I did same changes to 1.02 myself (1.03 features certain fix which I did just before 1.03 release in integrated related files. Due same files also contain Beyond-specific stuff they were not compatible to use in original AI mod and Icemania did same fix within original files himself.

From player view its 1.03 complete integration.

(in reply to Stardude)
Post #: 653
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 12/30/2014 6:26:38 PM   
Stardude

Cool,

Thanks Blackstork, loving the mod so far, can't wait until Ackdarians get the HUD update, might mess around myself with it til then. Nice job to everyone involved. Loving the music too.

~Dude

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 654
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/1/2015 4:34:18 AM   
Stardude

I was playing through as the Ackdarians and I was wondering if the ship constructions sizes were supposed to stay at 230 size for the first update. I notice the speed is faster, but I thought the ship sizes were increased to 300. I thought the AI mod controlled that. Not sure if this is a bug or what.

~Dude

(in reply to Stardude)
Post #: 655
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/1/2015 11:58:17 PM   
Icemania

Blackstork:

I can confirm Stardude's comment it looks like the change below (from the OP describing the AI Improvement Mod) hasn't made it across to Beyond. Recommend including it in the next update. Also I've included comments to help with integration of 1.04 in Beyond in the AI Improvement Mod thread.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania
Available ship sizes have been increased in each class to avoid AI ship design problems. The design templates use a fixed number of components so without this change the larger designs used in this Mod can be problematic early game.

Thanks for the pickup Stardude.

(in reply to Stardude)
Post #: 656
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/3/2015 6:56:10 AM   
jesuswhywhy

using mod for the first time really trying universe since it was released looks great

couple of minor dislikes

1) some of the ship skins have a red outline on them kind of immersion breaking, 2) the planets have a relic icon on them to indicate what was found there not sure why those need to be there

otherwise great mod!

< Message edited by jesuswhywhy -- 1/3/2015 7:58:13 AM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 657
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/3/2015 7:40:09 AM   
Nanosplic

I agree that the red outline looks out of place in the game, but I don't think those 2 issues have anything to do with the beyond extended mod though. Included in base game.

< Message edited by Nanosplic -- 1/3/2015 9:03:39 AM >

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 658
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/3/2015 8:39:57 AM   
jesuswhywhy

yeah just figured lol. thanks

(in reply to Nanosplic)
Post #: 659
RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9) - 1/3/2015 8:15:08 PM   
alphasephirot

Hi!

This is my firts post so Hello!

Is this mod compatible with the .10 version of the game?
In the case it is, is everything included? I mean alliance thingy, new Ui´s etc

if it is, i am seriously thinking of buying the game on steam because a friend of mine showed it to me and i liked it very much.

Happy new year to y´all by the way :)

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI