Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are there too many games....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Are there too many games.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are there too many games.... - 12/13/2014 7:28:14 PM   
wodin

You can NEVER have enough books!

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 31
RE: Are there too many games.... - 12/14/2014 12:12:07 AM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

You can NEVER have enough books!

Same thing with games!

Patrick

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 32
RE: Are there too many games.... - 12/14/2014 8:28:01 PM   
Bamilus

I have hundreds of books on war, philosophy, finance, etc. Have a queue of about 30 I need to read.....Same goes for games. I've bought over 25 games from Matrix Games and some I haven't even played. But that's ok because at the very least I know my purchase is an investment in future games.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 33
RE: Are there too many games.... - 12/14/2014 9:48:15 PM   
Rosseau

Well, the game world would be lacking if WH40K, FPRS, BA2 and Hell had never come out.

I tend to knock back between the good ones. Games like Pz Corps and FoG, there is always someone to play. But in MP, it's the new and/or quick ones that get attention. So OP has a good point.

I never can or will play WitE or AE in MP mode, but own them as collector's items.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 34
RE: Are there too many games.... - 1/15/2015 1:28:35 PM   
ggames

Yes definitely there are so many games to play. Just pick anyone from a pool of games and play!

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 35
RE: Are there too many games.... - 1/15/2015 4:21:38 PM   
MrsWargamer

I still think there are too many games, but, I'm changing my stance, to there are too many machines.

I hear Nintendo is redoing the 3dsXL all over again, and you get to pay 300 bucks for it.

I think there has to be a limit to how many ways you can tweak technology, and then demand several hundred bucks for it just a couple of years later.

I am doubtful the XxBox One and the PS4 are also sufficiently greater to have sufficiently warranted the expense of several hundred bucks when the previous machine has nothing really wrong with it.

Am I asking for tech to just stop innovating? Who knows, maybe I am in some cases.

I am tempted to buy a new laptop, but you know, this one has zero wrong with it. It does EVERYTHING, there isn't a single game it won't run, not one.
It might not play some at max, but that is not always worth it anyway. I don't mind maybe upgrading an OS, but this hardware will need to actually DIE on me before I can sensibly buy a better one.

Maybe they need to make games better, make THEM more different from each other, and stop just crying for new hardware.
If they can't continue to make say decent PS3 games, then yes, there are too many PS3 games after all.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Are there too many games.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI