Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots - 1/25/2015 4:04:51 PM   
Midcon113

Currently playing the Vietnam War, 1967: Down Town scenario, and was in the midst of launching the Alpha Strike when I noticed that Ranger is flinging these fully-loaded aircraft off the deck while sitting still in the ocean. I'm not sure if this is realistic? Can a carrier launch fully-loaded F-4s and A-6s with no headwind over the deck, just using the catapults?

Scenario save and autosaves attached. If this is WAD then no issue - just looked odd to me.

Thanks!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots - 1/25/2015 4:13:41 PM   
mikmykWS

Yes we're aware that carriers can't do that in real life. We could turn the restriction on but then would have to respond to 10000 questions as to why aircraft aren't taking off. Time we spend there is time we're not developing the game. Not worth it as the impact is pretty low and IIRC Harpoon took a pass on this as well.

Mike

(in reply to Midcon113)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots - 1/25/2015 4:41:14 PM   
Midcon113

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Yes we're aware that carriers can't do that in real life. We could turn the restriction on but then would have to respond to 10000 questions as to why aircraft aren't taking off. Time we spend there is time we're not developing the game. Not worth it as the impact is pretty low and IIRC Harpoon took a pass on this as well.

Mike

Sounds reasonable to me - like you said, very low impact. Thanks for clarifying!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI