Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Midcon113 -> Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots (1/25/2015 4:04:51 PM)

Currently playing the Vietnam War, 1967: Down Town scenario, and was in the midst of launching the Alpha Strike when I noticed that Ranger is flinging these fully-loaded aircraft off the deck while sitting still in the ocean. I'm not sure if this is realistic? Can a carrier launch fully-loaded F-4s and A-6s with no headwind over the deck, just using the catapults?

Scenario save and autosaves attached. If this is WAD then no issue - just looked odd to me.

Thanks!

mikmykWS -> RE: Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots (1/25/2015 4:13:41 PM)

Yes we're aware that carriers can't do that in real life. We could turn the restriction on but then would have to respond to 10000 questions as to why aircraft aren't taking off. Time we spend there is time we're not developing the game. Not worth it as the impact is pretty low and IIRC Harpoon took a pass on this as well.

Mike

Midcon113 -> RE: Carrier Air Ops at 0 knots (1/25/2015 4:41:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Yes we're aware that carriers can't do that in real life. We could turn the restriction on but then would have to respond to 10000 questions as to why aircraft aren't taking off. Time we spend there is time we're not developing the game. Not worth it as the impact is pretty low and IIRC Harpoon took a pass on this as well.

Mike

Sounds reasonable to me - like you said, very low impact. Thanks for clarifying!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI