Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

is it possible, to have multiple ship images for the same ship class?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> is it possible, to have multiple ship images for the same ship class? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
is it possible, to have multiple ship images for the sa... - 1/21/2015 10:19:18 PM   
DireEpidemic

if there are two images i want to use for say a carrier can its use both to help mix my fleets so it not the same ship every time?

< Message edited by DireEpidemic -- 1/21/2015 11:20:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/21/2015 10:40:14 PM   
PsyKoSnake

1- Copy the design.
2- Change the ship image.
3- Save the design.
4- Build the same ship with a different image.

(in reply to DireEpidemic)
Post #: 2
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/21/2015 10:49:37 PM   
DireEpidemic

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

1- Copy the design.
3- Save the design.

as a side note i dont see designs for fighters and bombers so that part seems to be a no go?

k i understand what ur saying with reg ships, but for the record can i do this with troops as well? say have multiple pictures of basic troops, just with the race file?

~thanks btw

< Message edited by DireEpidemic -- 1/22/2015 12:14:51 AM >

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 3
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/21/2015 11:42:55 PM   
Japhet

Sadly, neither is possible. Only one picture for each troop type (troop, armored, special forces & artillery) per race. Same for fighters and bombers

Post #: 4
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/21/2015 11:46:19 PM   
DireEpidemic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japhet

Sadly, neither is possible. Only one picture for each troop type (troop, armored, special forces & artillery) per race. Same for fighters and bombers

hmmm petty oh well thanks for the info. would u happen to know how i can get the custom race to always spawn on their home planet, like the mechs and their utopia? with mine its always hit or miss.

< Message edited by DireEpidemic -- 1/22/2015 12:50:45 AM >

(in reply to Japhet)
Post #: 5
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/22/2015 12:03:13 AM   
DireEpidemic

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

1- Copy the design.
3- Save the design.

hmmm it keeps just using the default carrier and bases? it might be the spaces give me a moment to check.

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 6
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/22/2015 12:33:49 AM   
PsyKoSnake

Bah, maybe it dont work, I never tryed it,
But i was sure it would... because we have the option.

Post #: 7
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/22/2015 6:07:18 AM   
Sirian

You CAN create two ship designs of the same ship class, but the game will always use the most recent if it automatically chooses which design to builds or to retrofits to. You will have to explicity order the other design or retrofit to the other design if you want variety. In the ship order screen, you can choose from all non-obsolete design.

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 8
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/22/2015 7:54:09 AM   
feygan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DireEpidemic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japhet

hmmm petty oh well thanks for the info. would u happen to know how i can get the custom race to always spawn on their home planet, like the mechs and their utopia? with mine its always hit or miss.

Created races never spawn on their home planets in a random game setup. For example playing humans you may come across Earth and it will have an independent population of humans on it. But you will never start off on Earth as a human empire, the same holds true for all other races. This applies to pretty much all game setups, the only way around it is to manually create a map which is used to play on. This sets specific starting conditions for each race. Look at the Milky Way galaxy mod and you will see how it works.

As for ship pictures etc, troops and fighters/bombers only ever use one picture. That is hard coded at this time. Ships can use any amount of pictures you like as explained above. However as stated the game always picks the most recent design as a default when doing either building or upgrades. If you have a ship design "Eclipse Star Destroyer" and have made two versions with different pictures, then you would need to really change the names very slightly also. This is due to you having to manually pick which design to build or upgrade and you would otherwise not know which picture you are choosing. However if you can put up with that level of micro managing then you can have as many ship class pictures as you like. For ease just keep them all in the race folder you are playing with and they will appear in the same area as your standard ones in the drop down selection at the design screen.

< Message edited by feygan -- 1/22/2015 9:00:55 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 1/26/2015 9:29:59 AM   
DireEpidemic

another question i've noticed a race i have created doesn't go into any treaties(they accept non but fueling and mining rights.) this race has expansion turned off. is there a way to keep diplomacy with the ability to not expand?

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 10
RE: is it possible, to have multiple ship images for th... - 2/4/2015 11:33:28 PM   
Unforeseen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feygan

Created races never spawn on their home planets in a random game setup. For example playing humans you may come across Earth and it will have an independent population of humans on it. But you will never start off on Earth as a human empire, the same holds true for all other races. This applies to pretty much all game setups, the only way around it is to manually create a map which is used to play on. This sets specific starting conditions for each race. Look at the Milky Way galaxy mod and you will see how it works.

Incorrect, I have in one instance started in Sol System as Humans.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 2/5/2015 12:36:34 AM >

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> is it possible, to have multiple ship images for the same ship class? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI