Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the 5X 4X strategy game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the 5X 4X strategy game! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 7/1/2014 10:57:12 PM   
Texashawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Looks very cool TexasHawk - you should send us a build to review when you get nearer completion :)

Will do, sir!

-Steve

Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 61
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 7/2/2014 2:26:34 AM   
Texashawk

FYI, Version .3 has been released. Info can be found on the Imperia forum: http://imperia.boards.net/

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 62
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 7/19/2014 2:42:41 PM   
Texashawk

FYI, version .310 is now available. This is a major upgrade and if you've been playing since .2, should be picked up. Get it at the Imperia forum. http://imperia.boards.net/

-Steve

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 63
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 7/20/2014 6:44:55 PM   
baloo7777

Hello Texashawk. I downloaded Imperia and joined the Imperia forum on boards. Poked around a little and will delve deeper in the coming weeks. I thought the graphics were pretty decent too and it was fun to check out the worlds. Hope this project continues and thanks for your dedication to your hobby! This is also my first foray into a space type game and may lead me to more as I am always looking at the ones Matrix has and wondering if I would like them!

JRR

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 64
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 7/21/2014 5:37:36 AM   
Texashawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Hello Texashawk. I downloaded Imperia and joined the Imperia forum on boards. Poked around a little and will delve deeper in the coming weeks. I thought the graphics were pretty decent too and it was fun to check out the worlds. Hope this project continues and thanks for your dedication to your hobby! This is also my first foray into a space type game and may lead me to more as I am always looking at the ones Matrix has and wondering if I would like them!

Welcome Baloo!! Glad you enjoyed Imperia and hope you stay for the long haul. And thanks for the kind words about the graphics. Those will get quite the overall soon. :-) I'd like your feedback about the game - I take all feedback to heart and often I get some great ideas!

As far as being new to the space game genre, I would have to say that Imperia is pretty non-traditional as far as 4X games go. If you're looking for a great (and complete) space game, I would suggest Distant Worlds. If you want a more 'traditional' 4X, I'd go with Reach for the Stars (not sure if Matrix still sells it), or maybe Armada 2526. You really can't go wrong for your first steps into a wonderful genre of game!

-Steve

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 65
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 5:25:35 AM   
Texashawk

Hey all!! I know it's been a while but Imperia has seen a lot of progress in the last few months. Version .410 is about to be released. Here's a YouTube video showing the changes and an overview of the game and the UI:

http://youtu.be/vwRKeQugE0I

Enjoy! Also, don't forget you can go to imperiagame.wordpress.com for more info....

-Steve

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 66
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 8:42:57 AM   
Josh

Thx for the upload to Youtube, Youtube is *the* place to visit for gameviews and gameplays imho. So I enjoyed your gameplay, and it sure looks like a *massive* game to me. Aren't you afraid gamers might drown in the complexity of it? Furthermore the planets look awesome, straight from NASA's files no I mean they look gorgeous. The UI on the other hand, I would make that a tad smaller, it's too big for the gamescreen imho.
My respect that you can undertake something so big and complex.

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 67
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 2:16:41 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Thx for the upload to Youtube, Youtube is *the* place to visit for gameviews and gameplays imho.

Yes, indeed. But PLEASE, turn the music down or completely off. It's not easy for me to understand english speech, and with music louder than speaker, it's downright difficult

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 68
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 6:44:14 PM   
Josh

Agreed the music is in one part of the video a tad too loud, but no biggie speaking of music...it sounds vaguely familiar maybe from a movie or what?

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 69
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 9:29:52 PM   
ASHBERY76

Wow great UI change,looks very grand with a Dune like feel.

I love the concept of the characters chain of command being implemented, just like it was supposed to be in MOO3 before they scraped it.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 70
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/29/2015 9:32:01 PM   
mllange

Gotta hop back in to Imperia, I really enjoyed my first trip.

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 71
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 1/30/2015 4:11:30 PM   
Texashawk

Thanks guys!

.410 should be out by early next week. I have 3 days off after today that I should be able to put the final polish on the version. I have to remind myself that each release is an early alpha, and I don't have to finish the game before each release, or else I'd be adding new stuff for months! (which is essentially what happened with .401). I am aware of the music issues, and will fix those for the next video. Thanks for your interest in Imperia - I can't wait for this thing to be finished!

Also, if you have any suggestions, etc. please visit our forum. There is some confusion because right now there are actually 2 forums - the original one at imperia.boards.net and what the 'official' one will be once we finish our website design at www.imperia5x.com. I am no longer active on the boards.net board but I decided to keep it online for now since I know other people use it. Going forward, however, I will only update/reply to the imperia5x.com board. It's pretty bare right now but I will start to be very active on it today, so it should fill up soon. The sign-in and the ads for the boards.net was pretty intrusive, hence the change.

Thanks!

-Steve

< Message edited by Texashawk -- 1/30/2015 5:47:12 PM >

(in reply to mllange)
Post #: 72
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 2/2/2015 9:59:27 PM   
Texashawk

New LP is up, showing about 15 months(turns) of gameplay:

Imperia Let's Play #1

Enjoy!

-Steve

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 73
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 2/6/2015 7:36:14 AM   
Texashawk

Big news... .410b is FINALLY READY!!

Hey all, great news – while I can’t be totally sure that I got all the bugs out with the new release, Pavlos and I think you’ll enjoy it. This is a MASSIVE UPDATE that changes virtually everything about the game, and adds expanded intel, a totally revised UI, the army system, the pressure/persuade system, a revised economy model, a rebalancing, and more!! We have put a lot of work into the graphics and UI, and feedback is welcome!!

I’m exhausted, so I’m just going to let you try it out on the usual link at Sourceforge - http://sourceforge.net/projects/imperia/ There is also a new installer; goodbye OneClick!

Please enjoy, please remember it’s a beta, and please don’t kill me if something doesn’t work right. The game is getting large enough that I don’t know that I could catch every bug that might occur. Please send a bug report that is generated to the imperia5x.com forums – it would really help.

Enjoy!!!

-Steve

< Message edited by Texashawk -- 2/6/2015 8:36:55 AM >

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 74
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 2/6/2015 11:46:31 AM   
Rising-Sun

I like it, I do like the ol' Master of Orion series. Wondering if you going to have 3D space battles in this? After purchase Galaxy Civilization III, it didn't have space battle viewer and I stop playing it. Going to have alien species too I am guessing, they are out there, we just haven't found them yet.

< Message edited by RisingSun -- 2/6/2015 12:48:27 PM >

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 75
RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the ... - 2/7/2015 3:48:56 AM   
mllange

Congratulations. I for one appreciate your work and have enjoyed my time with the project thus far. Downloading soon.

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Announcing Imperia - my latest hobby project - the 5X 4X strategy game! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI