Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Prayer Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Prayer Request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Prayer Request - 4/4/2001 7:14:00 AM   
1stSgt USMC

Gentlemen, I have seen these types of requests before on this board, I believe this one to be equally appropriate. I have received word that one of the Marine Corps Legends is very ill, and in the hospital. All you Marines know who Colonel Mitchell Paige is and his story. Those of you who do not I invite you to take a few minutes and look him up on the WEB. He is one of this Country's true Hero's. He is a recepient of the Congressional Medal of Honor for action on an island called Guadalcanal. I ask that you each take a moment and say a silent prayer for him as well as his wife Marilyn. Thank you and

1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn
Post #: 1
- 4/4/2001 7:22:00 AM   
Daniel Oskar

The Colonel is a great American. My prayers go out to him and his family. Semper Fi

(in reply to 1stSgt USMC)
Post #: 2
- 4/4/2001 7:36:00 AM   
Figmo

I hope he recovers soon and my prayers are with him!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 3
- 4/4/2001 8:40:00 AM   
Drex

i would like to know this hero's story. where can I look him up on the web?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 4
- 4/4/2001 9:18:00 AM   
BruceAZ

Hello Top: I am sorry to hear about Col. Mitchell Paige. He was one of the finest when we sorely needed real leaders on the 'Canal. My prayers are with him and his family. Bruce Semper Fi

Post #: 5
- 4/5/2001 2:32:00 AM   
1stSgt USMC

Drex go to any Search engine and type in Mitchell Paige, you will get thousands of hits. Thanks for your interest.

1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

Post #: 6
- 4/5/2001 7:48:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Lighting a candle and Cleaning my M1917

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 7
- 4/5/2001 8:34:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

Sir, I pale beneath your shadow... My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you during your toughest battle yet. I truely hope you gain the high ground and carry the day. God speed and Semper Fi. -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

Post #: 8
- 4/5/2001 9:11:00 AM   
Wild Bill

One rarely reads a book on Guadalcanal without coming across the name of mitchell Paige and another Medal of Honor winner there, Sgt. "Manila John" Basilone (who was later killed on Iwo Jima). I don't know if we really realize the legacy we are losing by the hundreds, no, the thousands all over the world each day as these humble men, so many, who went "above and beyond," answer to the divine taps being played in their behalf. Just the fact that a man went and did his duty to God and country is worthy of a hearty salute from all of us. My Dad went. So did my uncle. Now They've both already gone ahead but their memory is always with me. To me as a tiny lad of five, they were heroes too. God bless the good Colonel and keep him strong. We will remember him, 1st Sergeant! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 9
- 4/5/2001 9:33:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Because of the actions of men like Paige, and thousands more, in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, the world has seen almost 30 years of relative peace. The sacrifices these men made, and the events that led them to do so, have shown the world that tyranny and war have no place here. I salute them. Duty, honor, country. Not just words to Mitchell Paige. A way of life. God bless thee and keep thee, Colonel.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

Post #: 10
- 4/5/2001 11:42:00 AM   
Randy

My thoughts and prayers go out to a brave Marine. The true definition of Semper Fidelis! Semper fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 11
- 4/6/2001 8:30:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

He has my prayers, and the Sunday school class I teach will say a prayer for him this Sunday morning.

Post #: 12
- 4/6/2001 9:04:00 AM   
Kilroy

My family will certainly set aside a moment of prayer for the colonel and loved ones.

Post #: 13
- 4/6/2001 9:45:00 AM   
Drex

i was able to find Mitchell Paige's story on the web. A true hero indeed and an inspiration to us all.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Prayer Request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI