A Prayer Request (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

1stSgt USMC -> A Prayer Request (4/4/2001 7:14:00 AM)

Gentlemen, I have seen these types of requests before on this board, I believe this one to be equally appropriate. I have received word that one of the Marine Corps Legends is very ill, and in the hospital. All you Marines know who Colonel Mitchell Paige is and his story. Those of you who do not I invite you to take a few minutes and look him up on the WEB. He is one of this Country's true Hero's. He is a recepient of the Congressional Medal of Honor for action on an island called Guadalcanal. I ask that you each take a moment and say a silent prayer for him as well as his wife Marilyn. Thank you and

Daniel Oskar -> (4/4/2001 7:22:00 AM)

The Colonel is a great American. My prayers go out to him and his family. Semper Fi

Figmo -> (4/4/2001 7:36:00 AM)

I hope he recovers soon and my prayers are with him!! Figmo

Drex -> (4/4/2001 8:40:00 AM)

i would like to know this hero's story. where can I look him up on the web?

BruceAZ -> (4/4/2001 9:18:00 AM)

Hello Top: I am sorry to hear about Col. Mitchell Paige. He was one of the finest when we sorely needed real leaders on the 'Canal. My prayers are with him and his family. Bruce Semper Fi

1stSgt USMC -> (4/5/2001 2:32:00 AM)

Drex go to any Search engine and type in Mitchell Paige, you will get thousands of hits. Thanks for your interest.

AmmoSgt -> (4/5/2001 7:48:00 AM)

Lighting a candle and Cleaning my M1917

Jeff Norton -> (4/5/2001 8:34:00 AM)

Sir, I pale beneath your shadow... My deepest thoughts and prayers are with you during your toughest battle yet. I truely hope you gain the high ground and carry the day. God speed and Semper Fi. -Jeff

Wild Bill -> (4/5/2001 9:11:00 AM)

One rarely reads a book on Guadalcanal without coming across the name of mitchell Paige and another Medal of Honor winner there, Sgt. "Manila John" Basilone (who was later killed on Iwo Jima). I don't know if we really realize the legacy we are losing by the hundreds, no, the thousands all over the world each day as these humble men, so many, who went "above and beyond," answer to the divine taps being played in their behalf. Just the fact that a man went and did his duty to God and country is worthy of a hearty salute from all of us. My Dad went. So did my uncle. Now They've both already gone ahead but their memory is always with me. To me as a tiny lad of five, they were heroes too. God bless the good Colonel and keep him strong. We will remember him, 1st Sergeant! Wild Bill

Flashfyre -> (4/5/2001 9:33:00 AM)

Because of the actions of men like Paige, and thousands more, in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, the world has seen almost 30 years of relative peace. The sacrifices these men made, and the events that led them to do so, have shown the world that tyranny and war have no place here. I salute them. Duty, honor, country. Not just words to Mitchell Paige. A way of life. God bless thee and keep thee, Colonel.

Randy -> (4/5/2001 11:42:00 AM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to a brave Marine. The true definition of Semper Fidelis! Semper fi Randy

jwarrenw13 -> (4/6/2001 8:30:00 AM)

He has my prayers, and the Sunday school class I teach will say a prayer for him this Sunday morning.

Kilroy -> (4/6/2001 9:04:00 AM)

My family will certainly set aside a moment of prayer for the colonel and loved ones.

Drex -> (4/6/2001 9:45:00 AM)

i was able to find Mitchell Paige's story on the web. A true hero indeed and an inspiration to us all.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI