Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info - 11/11/2012 7:12:35 PM   
dunkelblau

Hi,

I played original CC5 to refresh my interest to CC-series and purchased CC Longest Day from Matrix today. Old CC5 worked ok with my laptop, but CC Longest Day suffers serious videocard problem:

- First game told that I can't play, because my computer do not support 800x600 (or better) resolution and refused to run (native resolution is 1280x800)
- I managed to run it from start menu (Windows 8 ;) anyway and intro films and animations ran perfectly
- When menu screen opens, it is only half of screen size and it's purple. It is very hard to read or point menus with mouse.
- With time and will I was able to get to battlefield, but same problems were there: Only half screen + purple colour.
- I tried to change different resolutions with no success

Solution:

When chose from menu to run game in windowed mode (1280x800) and restated, it solved the purple haze and halved screen problem

- My laptop is old Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 (1,6 ghz dual core + intel 965 express + 2 GB RAM) + Windows 8

Problem was solved during writing this post, so I decided to send it, if somebody experiences similar problems.

Good to be back to CC!,

dunkelblau, Finland
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for... - 9/2/2014 4:10:09 AM   
Rattlesnake8

I was having this exact issue, thank you so much for posting! Your solution works perfectly. If you find a way to make it full screen let me know. In the meantime I'm happy to just be able to play. (I just got a new computer with Win 8 and was worried I'd have to use my old computer just to play CC5).

(in reply to dunkelblau)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for... - 3/8/2015 7:01:54 PM   
Johnny5

Well, none of this works for me.

My computer runs Win 8.1 with an AMD 7870 video card, a 4770K CPU and gobs of RAM.

This game ONLY runs for me at 800x600 in Windowed mode. I can configure larger Window mode, but the game won't scale to match.

I'm wondering if there's actually any support for this game as 800x600 for a game released in 2011 with a current price of $53US is pretty bad.

(in reply to Rattlesnake8)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for... - 3/9/2015 12:09:03 AM   
Tejszd

TLD can definitely run at higher resolutions as I run my copy on Windows 7 at 1920x1200 though I have Nvidia video card.

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 3/9/2015 1:09:42 AM >

(in reply to Johnny5)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for... - 3/9/2015 12:44:35 AM   
Johnny5

Spent more time. . Finally got it going in Windowed mode at a higher resolution.

One thing that slowed me down was that the in game menu was only 800x600, it looked like that applied to the game as well.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problem with CC Longest Day - Solved!, but just for info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI