Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/23/2015 1:17:24 AM   
ckfinite

[FIXED DB v437]

The Reliance class WMEC has no helicopter hangar, as can be seen clearly here and this picture.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:46:28 PM >

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 1531
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 2:16:23 AM   
orca

LaWS from database supposedly has ph of 90%. But in game it still is 30%.

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 1532
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 11:28:17 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckfinite

The Hämeenmaa is the current flagship of the Finnish navy, and would be a useful addition to the mine warfare model in Command.

Additionally, to the last request, of special note is the Wolei class minelayer. Now operated by the Chinese MSA, this (the 918 is the only ship of her class) is the PRC's only operational dedicated minelayer.

Ships are already there but need info on the actual mines to add the racks.

M

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 1533
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 11:43:39 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: orca

LaWS from database supposedly has ph of 90%. But in game it still is 30%.

Make sure you update the scenario to the newest db.

M

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 1534
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 11:44:15 AM   
mikmykWS

Our list has been updated to this point.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1535
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 2:00:08 PM   
orca

I believe it is the latest database and update. Attached is a test example.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1536
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 2:20:06 PM   
Vici Supreme

[UPDATED DB v437]

Hello community!

Found some minor issues regarding the Thai and Singaporean Endurance-class LST's (DBID #2631 and #1044).

Currently, both platforms are provided two open-parking spaces. In reality, the Endurance-class is equipped with a hangar, capable of handling up to two medium-sized aircraft. Since the Thai LST is based on the Singaporean Endurance-class design, I guess aviation facilities aboard the Singaporean Endurance-class are similiar (at least in size).

Guess this happened by oversight but another thing is that #2631 - 791 An Thong is currently located in Singapore's DB section.

Hangar facilities aboard HTMS An Thong.

Hangar facilities aboard RSS Endurance.

http://thaidefense-news.blogspot.de/2012/05/rtn-seahawk-knighthawk-first-landing-at.html

Cheers!

Supreme

(Edit: fixed link)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:53:08 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1537
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/25/2015 8:49:22 PM   
ckfinite

quote:

Ships are already there but need info on the actual mines to add the racks.

Not sure how I missed these , the Hämeenmaa in particular. The Wolei already has suitable mines, but the Hameenaa probably carries Sea Mine 2000, which was also carried on the predecessor class. However, what the Sea Mine 2000 actually is appears to be an open question.

Edit:
I found a quote of Janes, here, though for obvious money reasons I don't actually have the actual article. From this, I suspect that the Sea Mine 2000/2004 is a bottom acoustic mine (500kg), though it seems to be quite classified. The manufacturer claims that it's stealthy, and it also probably includes both a magnetic influence and pressure trigger, above the acoustic system. I'm not sure how this would fit into Command.

Thanks to Sardaukar, this might be a picture of one.

Edit 2: Again thanks to Sardaukar, here's the FDF on their mines.

Edit 3: BLOCKER is another mine, made in Finland and probably used by the FDF, and may be the Sea Mine 2000 for the international market. It would probably be best just to put a generic mine magazine on and let the scene designer choose their mix.

Another request - the Type 052C and 052D have two davits for RHIBs, as seen in these photos

[UPDATED DB v437]

Would it be possible to add these to the DB?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:54:12 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1538
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/26/2015 12:28:23 AM   
mikmykWS

List updated. Thanks guys!

Mike

(in reply to ckfinite)
Post #: 1539
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/26/2015 2:36:47 PM   
Dide

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

Hi,
I noticed that the last database (v1.071 Build 678.3) Italian FREMM ships (in both versions) now have a single
hangar, as the French versions. Actually they are equipped with a double hangar for a medium helicopter and
one heavy, as reported by the site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREMM_multipurpose_frigate.
Also I'd like to have the light attack version of the Italian Alenia M-346 Master,
(for the armament see http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_Aermacchi_M-346_Master).
Thanks again for all you do!

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:55:58 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1540
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/26/2015 5:04:21 PM   
orca

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

AMDR is to be officially designated An/SPY-6

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/amdr/

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:56:19 PM >

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 1541
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/26/2015 5:50:46 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: tobias02

Hi,
I noticed that the last database (v1.071 Build 678.3) Italian FREMM ships (in both versions) now have a single
hangar, as the French versions. Actually they are equipped with a double hangar for a medium helicopter and
one heavy, as reported by the site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREMM_multipurpose_frigate.
Also I'd like to have the light attack version of the Italian Alenia M-346 Master,
(for the armament see http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_Aermacchi_M-346_Master).
Thanks again for all you do!

Just reply to the thread. Don't rename it please I fixed it.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 4/26/2015 6:51:16 PM >

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 1542
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/26/2015 8:36:33 PM   
Dide

Sorry!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1543
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 4/27/2015 11:08:17 AM   
Sardaukar

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

Finnish Air Force F-18C/D Hornets seem to miss Helmet Mounted Sight/Display in properties. That was added already in MLU 1 upgrade that was finished in 2010.

Official statement:

http://www.puolustusvoimat.fi/wcm/a5d5320043153473a8beea796152065b/konetyyppifactsheet+HN+MLU2+%2528nettiversio%2529+EN.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

The Hornets are currently undergoing extensive mid-life upgrades. The last MLU 1
configured aircraft was rolled out in late 2010. The MLU 1 program focused on bettering the
type’s air-to-air capabilities and brought about a helmet-mounted sighting system
for
improved close-in combat capability and the updated AIM-9X version of the Sidewinder infrared
guided missile.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:57:03 PM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 1544
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 4/29/2015 9:58:58 PM   
Vici Supreme

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

L-159A Alca / L-159T1 Alca

Can you please add the Sky Guardian 200 Radar Warning Receiver and Vicon 78 Series 455 Flare Dispenser (in place of the Generic Flare Dispenser) to platform #3957 - L-159A Alca and #3958 - L-159T1 Alca? Both, the sensor and the flare dispenser are already in the game. Altough the Grifo L radars have been removed on all L-159T1's, imagery shows that the RWR system appears to be installed on the two-seater.

(note the two square antennas of the Radar Warning Receiver on the bottom rear fuselage being installed on the L-159T1)

http://www.army.cz/en/armed-forces/equipment/air-force/aircraft/l-159-alca-38156/
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/czech-striker-57077/
http://librarun.org/book/30265/985

Thanks!

Supreme

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:57:16 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1545
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 4/30/2015 8:01:30 PM   
FoxZz

[ADDED / UPDATED DB v439]

Hi, there is some errors concerning French units of the database for the Build 678.3:

First of all, some units are not fitted with the right Exocet version :

- Atlantique II maritime patrol aicraft should have AM.39 Exocet block II instead of the AM.39 exocet block I in its 2009 version
- F70 AA Frigates should have MM.40 block II instead of MM.40 block I from 2006 up to today versions.
- Lafayette frigate in its 1996 version should have the MM.40 block II since this ship has been introduced with the last available missile and its 2014 version should have MM.40 Exocet Block III, its previous block II have been converted in block III.
- Rubis class submarine in its 2012 version should have SM.39 exocet block II

About submarines :

- Le Triomphant SSBN has a magazine of 18 weapons + 4 already loaded in torpedo tubes, and it can carry both torpedos and Exocet missiles. Currently ingame, it only carries 12 Torpedos. This should be corrected. Exocet should be SM.39 block II for the 2012 version (ID #456) and block I for the 1998 version (#158). It should also get the shrouded/advanced proplusor property (pump jet). A new 2016 version should be created for the entry in service of the F21 Artemis Torpedo. This new version should also introduce M51.2 ballistic missiles with the new TNO nuclear head instead of the TN 75.It lacks Syracuse satcom (II and III in its last version)

- Rubis class SSN, in addition to the already above-mentionned exocet issue, a new version of this submarine should be introdued in the DB for the introduction of the F21 Artemis Torpedo in replacement of the F17 one, in 2016. It lacks Syracuse III satcom.

- Barracuda Suffren class SSN, it can carry 20 weapons in magazine (not 16 as currently displayed) in addition to 4 weapons already loaded in torpedo tubes. In addition of torpedos and exocet missiles, it will also carry SCALP Naval cruise missiles which will be launched by torpedo tubes in the same fashion as exocet missiles (hence all weapons in the same magazine). Surface version of the Scalp MdCN and submarine version are identical, it can also deploy FG29 mines. Only difference is surface ones are stored into a sylver while submarine one are stored into a dedicated capsule. Barracuda should also be classified as a SSN, and get the following properties : Non magnetic hull, shock resistant, shrouded propulsor/advanced propulsor (pump jet). It is also fitted with a dry dock shelter for special forces insertion.It also lacks the Syracuse III system as well as the Link 16.

About surface ships :

- Horizon class frigates should be armed with 2*20mm F2 GIAT guns instead of the 30mm Oerlikon currenlty displayed. It should also get the Syracuse III satcom. The ships also lacks the 2 SADRAL Mistral mounts they are fitted with IRL. They also lacks docking facilities for RHIBs.

- Aquitaine class frigates lacks Link 16, as well as Syracuse III stacom. It's propulsion is CODLOG (Combined diesel electric or gaz, not CODAG, the very silent electric propulsion is used until 16 knots. French Fremm max speed is 28 knots. Its small artillery is based on 2 Narwhal teleoperated 20mm guns by Nexter not standard F2 FIAT 20mm guns.
Info on the Narwhal

- La Fayette class light frigates lacks the Syracuse II satcom as well as the Praire/masker ability. It should also get MM40 block III in its last version, as explained above. They lack docking facilities for RHIB

About Prairie/masker capability, The 3 above mentionned ships are stealth frigates which have been build to be as discreet as possible in both radar and IR field than in accoustic field. However, those ships begin to Cavitate very early ingame (8 knots) which is kind of weid. Especially since the Aquitaine class frigate is said very silent up to 16 knots, as well as Horizon class and Lafayette class which are said to be very efficient in this field. I didn't found anything on the net saying Aquitaine or Horizon could have a Prairie/masker system, however, considering that Lafayette have one, that those ships are the legacy of the Lafayette, and that they have been thought as stealth since the begining, I guess they have something similar. I asked for further infomations, but still, those ships shouldn't cavitate so early.
EDIT : I still wait more info for FREMM and Horizon, but F70 ASM frigates were fitted with a Prairie Masker too
EDIT 2 : FREMM and Horizon Frigates doesn't use a Prairie Masker system because they don't need it, they used technologies from nuclear submarines to redducced directly the noises prodduced by the ship by isolating the engines from the hull, and other features, so masking noise isn't necessary anymore. Moreover, they also improved propellers by otptimizing their shape and so on. FREMM frigates also use fix blades on electric mode (up to 16 knots) which greatly reducce the risks of cavitation. So Indeed, cavitation should happend at much higher speed than it is currently, like 16 knots.

- R91 Charles de Gaulle carrier lacks its Syracuse satcom (II and III in the last version). The Carrier magazine lacks also importants weapons, it doesn't have a buddy buddy refuelling system (generic buddy store), it lacks a stock of Ecocet SM.39 block II for the Rafale, it lacks a stock of Apache anti runway cruise missiles and different kind of GBUs used by the Rafale (I'll come back to this point later on). A new 2017 version should be implemented with Only Rafale equipement, and also Meteor missile loadout, and more cargo space due too the space freed by the retirement of the SEM and its maintenance machines, this new 2017 version will also include a new Heraklès radar to replace the Arabel, several old radars will also be replaced like DRBJ11b and the DRBV26.

- Mistral class LHD/LPD lacks Link 11/22, Link 16, Syracuse III satcom. Its 30mm guns should be replaced with 20mm F2 GIAT guns and 20mm Narwhal in its last version.

- Meuse class Tankers should receive Syracuse III satcom.

EDIT : F70 ASM Frigates should be fitted with a Prairie Masker too.

About Aircrafts :

- A400M, it lacks the Terrain following mode, the "AR-400" RWR, the "MIRAS" MAWS, the Night Vision Goggles, the Link 16, the Directionnal Infrared Counter mesures (DIRCM), the LWR, the "saphir 400" decoys launcher. It should also have a Helmet mounted sight display (same as the Tiger one)

- The E3F Sentry in its last version lacks the Link 16

- The E2C Hawkeye lacks a Satcom

- the A330 MRTT lacks a satcom and link 16.

- The Br Atlantique 2 can take 8 MU90 in ASW, ingame it's only 7. 15 ATl2 will be modernised (signed in 2013) and those will have better detetection performances both surface and underwater, and will have Link 16, 22 and a satcom. It will also include enhanced self protection capabilities such as automated decoys and MAWS, maybe this version can be included in the next updatee.

- NH90 Caiman, those helicopters belong to the Army not the Air force, the Saphir M decoys should operate without OODA, it's automated.

- Tigre HAD and HAP, they should also operate Saphir M decoys without OODA delays, it's automated. It lacks the loadout with 8 hellfire (2*4) and 24 SNEB rocket (2*12), which would be the main loadout of the Tiger HAD. Tiger HAP also lacks the loadouts with the Fuel tank and the sneb rockets, just make the same as the HAD.

- The Mirage 2000-5F should have the Link 16 in its 2012 version. The Plane should also have a loadout "interception" with 1 center line 1300L fuel tank, 4 mica EM and 2 MICA IR. The Mirage 2000 should also get 4.9 agility has its F16 and Mig 29 counterparts, mainly because their manoauvrability is very close from each others (The Mirage even having an edge).

- The Rafale :

Sensors :

- OSF and OSF IT ecompasses a laser rangefinder which isn't present ingame. The IT version in an improved version with a much longer range than the standard OSF and this should also be translated ingame.

- OSF IRST, the IRST was indeed removed on the 2014 version (F3-O4T) due to obsolescence and will come back in the F3R standars in 2018. The lack of IRST is compensated by the Mica IR head that is IRST capable and with the DDM, but also with the improved TV version (OSF-IT) which is very good according to the pilots. But the F3R version should have the OSF-IR IRST it. I suggest also to find a way to represent the Mica IR IRST capability.

- Spectra DDM and DDM NG should be implemented ingame in the same manner as the EO-DAS of the F35, it's a 360° infrared surveillance that can detect and track any hot source at very long distances such as the rocket boost of a missile being fired, the exhaust fume or the heating of the head of the missile. The DDM NG is an imrpoved version of the DDm with a longer range and a better resolution. So I suggest the same thing than on the F-35 a 360° IR captor in addition to the standard MAWS. DDM NG accuracy will be use for a future DIRCM implementation

- Spectra EW system : This system does ELINT and SIGINT as well as RWR and LWR, the ELINT function should be implemented. Indeed, this system is not only a RWR but a complete electronic warfare suit which can detect an emission with a 1° accuracy and classify and identify it in its database before applying the proper jamming, it can also give a fire solution. Which brings us to the next point, Spectra can do both offensive and defensive jamming by the game dfinition. In game Defensive jamming happend only just before the hit roll of the incomming missile, but Rafale jamming goes well beyond that since it can directly jamm, in stealthy manner, the ennemy radar and sensors. This ingame should be translated into an offesnive jamming capability both in air to air and air to ground.
Each generation of rafale (F1, F2, F3, F3.4, F3R) improves the power and the capabilities of Spectra with lastly GaN antennas.

- With the F3R version, Rafale will get a new designation pod that works both in A/A and A/G, the Tallios, would be nice if it was implemented.

- Data Fusion on the Rafale brings all the informations gathered by the different sensors of the plane and brings the pilot one clear picture of the situation, this give him a very good situation awarness, which should definitely reducce by a fair margin the OODA cycle, but I don't know how this can be done.

Properties :

- Rafale should definitealy get the Supermanouverability property as the Typhoon and the Raptor as it largely matches those. And I would also argue for it getting 5.5 agility.

- Rafale M should also get Advanced Bombing sights INS/GPS it doesn't have it currenlty while other versions got it.

- All the versions should get as well Night Navigation and Attack since the Rafale is as much a fighter than a bomber and that it can use all its weaponnery including gun both night and day.

- About the HMD/S It's most likely that the Rafale will have one for the F3R version. It should already have got one for the F3 standard (Sagem gerfaut) but due to technical issues, it has been delayed, but with the recent exports to Egypyt, India and Qatar, it's most likely that it will got it in 2018.

In comms, Rafale F3R doesn't have an AMRAAM datalink but a Meteor Datalink, one way only.

Weapons/Loadouts :

- Since the F3 standard, all the Rafale whatever the version can use the same weapons. For example, B and C Rafale can shoot the Exocet as much as the M, and use the buddy buddy pod as well, and the M can use all the GBU collection. So there is several weapons that should be made available for different versions.

- Several lacks to the inventory of each other : GBU 16 for the F3R, GBU 49 since 2012, GBU 22, GBU 24B (standard bomb), Apache anti runway weapon, AM.39 block II and buddy store for C/B.

- With the F3R version, the hard point number 3 will be open and up to 8 missiles will be carried, some trials already have been done. I propose here to add 2 optionnal MICA-EM to existing loadouts of the F3R version.

- The Rafale in all the standard air to ground loadouts where the weapon is carried under the center line fuselage (ASMPA, 1 scalp, 1 exocet, 1 apache and so on) use 6 missiles.

- The light CAP with only 4 missiles should only have one center line 1200L tank. In this configuration, the Rafale can supercruise up to Mach 1.6.

- The standard cap is 6 A/A missiles (including 2 Mica IR) and one center line 1200L tank, in this configuration, it can supercruise at mach 1.4. There is also versions with 2 1300L tanks and up to 3.

- The buddy buddy configuration is 1 center line refuelling pod 2 2000L tanks and 2 1250L tanks, ingame it lacks the 2 1250L tanks.

- Ground based Rafale can take 2 exocet missiles instead of 1. It would be nice to have such a loadout available.

Missiles/Weapons :

- Mistral : The Mistral family is very weirdly depicted, Mistral 1 have better stats than Mistral 2 while it should be the opposite sinc ethe Mistral 2 is an improvment of the Mistral 1, lastly, it's Probability of Hit (PH) is very low. Mistral missiles are higly precises missiles very resistent to counter-mesures and with a great manouverability, they achieved 95% hit rate in trials againt all kind of targets. It should be depicted, I would argue for a base PH of 85% for the Mistral 1 version and 90% for the Mistral II version. Secondly, all Mistral missiles have the same accuracy, doesn't matter if it's shoulder launched, simbad launched or air launched.

- Mica : First of all, this missile, in both version (both EM and IR mica share the same boddy, only the commutable head change), should have the Anti-Air dogfight capability and the High-Off Boresight stuff. Indeed this missile is remplacing both Magic II WVR missile and the Super 530 BVR missile, thus it's both a dogfight and a BVR missile. It is equipped with thrust vectoring engine and can take above 50G loading factor. It is planned to be used with an HMD (mod4) and Mica is the first missile ever to have scored a hit on a target situated in th six of the Rafale.
For all those reasons and also the very advanced mica auto director (dual band for the IR) which can resist to last counter mesures and is almost immuned to IR flares, both versions should definitely have 95% base probability of hit as other missiles of its time frame.

- AASM : This weapon isn't a glide bomb but a Rockets boosted bomb which greatly increase its range, give it an off boresight capability, and a custom trajectory (it can go up and down, it can do top attacks, etc), tanks to this, it can be fired at very low altitude and even at those very low altitude, it still have a range of 15km. Ingame, AASM should have a much lower minimum weapon release such as 300m/900ft. Also, it's accuracy is metric, not deca metric.

- ANL/SeaVenom Missile : this missile will be the new light anti-ship missile for Helicopters (NH90 and Panther for french navy)and should arrive around 2020. It would be nice if it could be implemented.

Voila, I hope you'll be able to implement those changes. I wish I could have posted links, but I had to delete those otherwise I couldn't have post, I'm not yet allowed to post links it seems.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 9:57:38 AM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 1546
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 4/30/2015 8:33:16 PM   
Vici Supreme

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

Evening Gents!

After reading this article on Janes, I decided to investigate a little further into the subject. The result of that research is just amazing... Following sources and quotes below, the Austrian Eurofighter (DBID #2083 - EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoon) would need some (major) adjustment!

- First of all, Austria does not operate a two-seater version of the Eurofighter, as opposed to the game.

quote:

http://www.austrianwings.info/2009/11/osterreichs-eurofighter-flotte-eine-zustandsanalyse/ (in german)

2) No PIRATE-sensors
After cancellation for six of these systems by Federal Minister Darabos, the pilots are left with the only option to fly night missions using nightvision goggles (NVGs) attached to their helmets (if such systems have now been procured, because at times of the Draken and the F-5 they were not).

3) No BVR-armament or training capabilities
Already under Vice Minister Platter - officially because of the floods, unofficially to press the price under the maximum desired mark of 2 billion euros - not only six machines (24 to 18) were relinquished, but also the purchase of AMRAAM AIM-120C air-to-air missiles for medium-ranges.

4) No DASS, thus no Electronic Warfare
Also cutted was the "Defensive Aid Sub System", the self-defense device of the Eurofighter Typhoon.

- Remove all DASS warning receivers and the PIRATE IRST from the aircraft.

- Remove the AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM P3I.2 from the aircraft's stores and loadouts.

- Remove loadout #13965 AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM, Intercept. (Remaining loadouts minus the AMRAAM do already fit the real life standard.)

- Also, Austrian Eurofighter pilots are not provided Helmet Mounted Sight Systems.

There are also claims that Austrian Eurofighters are not equipped with countermeasures. The dispensers are visually in place but these are said to not being armed with cartridges as no rounds were bought in first place. Couldn't find any official source confirming this.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/flying-in-neutral-austria39s-eurofighter-typhoons-226295/
http://www.doppeladler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3912&p=33721

"So much warplane for so little firepower."

Thanks!

Supreme

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 9:57:35 PM >

(in reply to FoxZz)
Post #: 1547
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 4/30/2015 8:47:50 PM   
Vici Supreme

[ADDED / UPDATED DB v439]

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoxZz

Its small artillery is based on 2 Narwhal teleoperated 20mm guns by Nexter not standard F2 FIAT 20mm guns.
Info on the Narwhal

I did a little research on this a while ago.
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/year-2014-news/march-2014-navy-naval-forces-maritime-industry-technology-security-global-news/1635-nexter-narwhal-20mm-remote-weapon-system-fitted-onboard-fremm-frigate-normandie.html

French Mistrals are also projected to receive these.
http://www.janes.com/article/50280/french-bpc-amphibious-assault-ships-to-receive-remote-weapon-station-infra-red-search-and-track-system

Supreme

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 9:57:52 AM >

(in reply to FoxZz)
Post #: 1548
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/3/2015 6:42:06 PM   
mikmykWS

List updates. Thanks all!

Mike

Post #: 1549
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/6/2015 12:30:26 PM   
ojms

[ADDED DB v437]

Hi,

I'm not sure if this got missed or if there is a reason why it's not been added (I understand you are very busy though).

Thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ojms

Please can you update the Royal Navy Type 26 GCS to include a 24 cell VLS Mk41 as per this document:

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/defence/141009_SoS_re_Type_26_Global_Combat_Ship.pdf

It looks like it is going to have a combination of Tomahawk, RUM-139 and Harpoon/LSRAM

Thanks.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 10:00:34 AM >

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1550
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/7/2015 2:50:06 PM   
Vici Supreme

[FIXED / ADDED DB v437]

Hi, I got a couple of requests and fixes regarding the Indian DB.

First, regarding the Vikramaditya's passive defense capabilities. Ingame, the INS Vikramaditya (#681 - R 23 Vikramaditya [Gorshkov]) is currently lacking two PK-2 chaff/flare launchers. In case these were removed prior transfer to the Indian Navy, pardon me.

Also, previously posted in the Naval and Defense News thread, the Vikramaditya is projected to receive first self-defense capabilities (apart of decoy launchers). Might be a bit early to request these yet but would be cool to have them once informations about the accurate layout are getting more solid.

http://www.aame.in/2013/07/ins-vikramaditya-testing-its-zif-121.html#more
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2682
http://defencyclopedia.com/2014/06/22/ins-vikramaditya-the-king-of-the-indian-ocean/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPeEItcREGE

Second, can you please add an updated version of the Indian Navy's Do-228-101? Major difference to the current Indian Do-228 is a updated sensor suite.

Assuming you create a new platform based on DBID #1543 - Do-228-101:

- Replace Super Searcher radar with EL/M-2022A(V)3
- Add Compass FLIR
- Add EAGLE ESM (mounted on wingtips)
- Add SATCOM datalink

Regarding the sensor turret's payload, the opinions are divided. One source claims it's only FLIR while the other says the turret is equipped with a combined FLIR/EO/Laser Rangefinder payload. I have no idea how to visually confirm those statements...

In terms of loadouts, you could possibly add the following to the requested update. By the quality of the pictures, I guess you can tell that this loadout would also be valid for the existing 1989's Do-228 of the Indian Navy:

- Maritime Surveillance, 7.62mm MG Pods (1)(2)(3)

2x7.62mm gun pods (300 rounds each)

http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=165&Itemid=62
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Aviation/Aircraft/122-Dornier-Do-228.html
http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/indian-naval-aviation-isr-capabilities-set-for-a-quantum-leap/

Another possibly fix I found comes with the Indian Sea King MK.42C's (#384 - Sea King MK42C [HAS.2]) radar. Currently, just like the MK.42B ASW variant, it carries the MEL Super Searcher. But imagery has proven that another type of nose-mounted radar is installed on the MK.42C. Various sources have identified it as Bendix RDR 1400C radar.

http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=164&Itemid=47 (Also informations about the integration of the Sea Eagle missile on the Il-38!)
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Aviation/Aircraft/112-Westland-Sea-King.html

Major thanks to the team!

Supreme

(Edit: Fixed links)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 10:28:14 PM >

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1551
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/7/2015 4:20:18 PM   
orca

Here is more info on the updates to AN/SLQ-32. I hope this is enough info to add in the next DB update. Thanks for considering.

To summarize:
SLQ-32(V)1 – A simple threat warning receiver, it was capable of receiving high-band radar signals of the type commonly carried on missiles and aircraft. The (V)1 was installed on auxiliary ships and small combatants such as frigates. This variant of the system is being phased out as current ships equipped become decommissioned.
SLQ-32(V)2 – Initially the most common variant, the (V)2 added the ability to receive surveillance and targeting radars. This provided a passive targeting capability for Harpoon missile-equipped ships. The (V)2 was installed on frigates, destroyers, and 270-foot (82 m) Coast Guard Cutters.
SLQ-32(V)3 – Expanding on the (V)2’s capabilities, the (V)3 added active radar-jamming capability. The (V)3 was installed on various combatants such as cruisers, battleships, large amphibious ships and high-value replenishment vessels.
SLQ-32(V)4 – Designed for installation on aircraft carriers, the (V)4 consisted of two (V)3 systems, one for each side of the ship, tied to a common computer and display console. Additional line replaceable units and software were added to support the wide separation of the two antenna/electronics enclosures.
SLQ-32(V)5 – The (V)5 was built as a response to the Stark incident in 1987. The (V)5 incorporated a compact version of the (V)3 system intended to give active jamming capability to the Perry class FFG’s, which were too small to carry a full (V)3.

These will be replaced with Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP). May be called AN/SLQ-32(6)?
Block 2 is upgraded EW detection and has already been installed on a Burke. rate production to start in 2015.
Block 3 is upgraded electronic attack and is planned for 2017. Contract signed. Will be installed on all ships who currently have AN/SLQ-32

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/SLQ-32_Electronic_Warfare_Suite
http://breakingdefense.com/2015/03/navy-forges-ahead-with-new-surface-ship-electronic-warfare-sewip/http://www.janes.com/article/43892/sewip-block-2-set-for-at-sea-operational-test
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=37df948759ae52029265eb77140a3244&tab=core&_cview=1
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/budget/fy2014/dot-e/navy/2014sewip.pdf
http://news.usni.org/2015/02/12/navy-awards-sewip-block-iii-contract-northrop-grumman

< Message edited by orca -- 5/7/2015 5:29:25 PM >

Post #: 1552
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/7/2015 4:31:05 PM   
orca

[ADDED & FIXED DB v435]

other requests:

can you update the loadouts for F-23 to be the same as the newer F-22 loadouts. also most sources say the F-23 was stealthier (and maybe less maneuverable than the F-22).

quad-packing for Sea Ceptor.

SDB in loadout for UCLASS

tanker option for V-22
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/tech/2014/12/28/v-22-osprey-to-become-a-tanker/20804783/

thanks again for considering

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/18/2015 9:22:22 PM >

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 1553
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/9/2015 8:50:12 PM   
Luidzi

[FIXED DB v435]

UCM-T130 Loki Torpedo Decoy (ID 287) is shipboard countermeasure, however it doesn't work against torpedoes because it has a subsurface PK. As a decoy it should represent a ship and therefore it should have surface PK.

Singaporean ship 68 Formidable (ID 1482) has her main gun programmed as rear-facing, while in reality it is mounted forward.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/18/2015 9:06:56 PM >

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 1554
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 10:06:17 AM   
deepdive

[ADDED DB v435]

Bump

DB entry request for USMC F/A-18D ATARS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Tactical_Airborne_Reconnaissance_System

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/18/2015 9:06:01 PM >

(in reply to deepdive)
Post #: 1555
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 10:21:40 AM   
Kynth

[ADDED & FIXED DB v435]

The UK is purchasing Block IV TLAM. FMS went through in July last year with first purchase of 20 in September. Until the Type 26 Frigate is launched (letter from the MOD linked above, repeated below for convenience) the only platforms that launch Tomahawk all-up-rounds are both the Trafalgar and Astute class SSN's.

Although all operational UK SSN's would utilise Block IV's as Block III's are expended, it might be a reason to add HMS Audacious to the database. This is the first Astute-class to feature small improvements to the command, navigation and sonar systems as well as the full "Common Combat System" to be retrofitted to earlier classes.

Adding the Block IV Multi-Role missile to the magazines for the Astute/Audacious as well as Type 26 platforms would also help ease of adding for "future scenarios" as it's reasonable to assume the UK would purchase these as the US production line shifts.

Also note that two PWR2 reactors are listed for Astute, should only be one.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-kingdom-tomahawk-block-iv-torpedo-launched-land-attack-missiles

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/block-iv-xgm-109-tomahawk-chopped-07423/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Audacious_(S122)

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/defence/141009_SoS_re_Type_26_Global_Combat_Ship.pdf

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/18/2015 8:54:57 PM >

(in reply to deepdive)
Post #: 1556
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 11:18:12 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: orca

Here is more info on the updates to AN/SLQ-32. I hope this is enough info to add in the next DB update. Thanks for considering.

To summarize:
SLQ-32(V)1 – A simple threat warning receiver, it was capable of receiving high-band radar signals of the type commonly carried on missiles and aircraft. The (V)1 was installed on auxiliary ships and small combatants such as frigates. This variant of the system is being phased out as current ships equipped become decommissioned.
SLQ-32(V)2 – Initially the most common variant, the (V)2 added the ability to receive surveillance and targeting radars. This provided a passive targeting capability for Harpoon missile-equipped ships. The (V)2 was installed on frigates, destroyers, and 270-foot (82 m) Coast Guard Cutters.
SLQ-32(V)3 – Expanding on the (V)2’s capabilities, the (V)3 added active radar-jamming capability. The (V)3 was installed on various combatants such as cruisers, battleships, large amphibious ships and high-value replenishment vessels.
SLQ-32(V)4 – Designed for installation on aircraft carriers, the (V)4 consisted of two (V)3 systems, one for each side of the ship, tied to a common computer and display console. Additional line replaceable units and software were added to support the wide separation of the two antenna/electronics enclosures.
SLQ-32(V)5 – The (V)5 was built as a response to the Stark incident in 1987. The (V)5 incorporated a compact version of the (V)3 system intended to give active jamming capability to the Perry class FFG’s, which were too small to carry a full (V)3.

These will be replaced with Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP). May be called AN/SLQ-32(6)?
Block 2 is upgraded EW detection and has already been installed on a Burke. rate production to start in 2015.
Block 3 is upgraded electronic attack and is planned for 2017. Contract signed. Will be installed on all ships who currently have AN/SLQ-32

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/SLQ-32_Electronic_Warfare_Suite
http://breakingdefense.com/2015/03/navy-forges-ahead-with-new-surface-ship-electronic-warfare-sewip/http://www.janes.com/article/43892/sewip-block-2-set-for-at-sea-operational-test
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=37df948759ae52029265eb77140a3244&tab=core&_cview=1
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/budget/fy2014/dot-e/navy/2014sewip.pdf
http://news.usni.org/2015/02/12/navy-awards-sewip-block-iii-contract-northrop-grumman

Any idea on in service dates and technical specs?

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 1557
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 11:26:23 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kynth

The UK is purchasing Block IV TLAM. FMS went through in July last year with first purchase of 20 in September. Until the Type 26 Frigate is launched (letter from the MOD linked above, repeated below for convenience) the only platforms that launch Tomahawk all-up-rounds are both the Trafalgar and Astute class SSN's.

Although all operational UK SSN's would utilise Block IV's as Block III's are expended, it might be a reason to add HMS Audacious to the database. This is the first Astute-class to feature small improvements to the command, navigation and sonar systems as well as the full "Common Combat System" to be retrofitted to earlier classes.

Adding the Block IV Multi-Role missile to the magazines for the Astute/Audacious as well as Type 26 platforms would also help ease of adding for "future scenarios" as it's reasonable to assume the UK would purchase these as the US production line shifts.

Also note that two PWR2 reactors are listed for Astute, should only be one.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/united-kingdom-tomahawk-block-iv-torpedo-launched-land-attack-missiles

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/block-iv-xgm-109-tomahawk-chopped-07423/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Audacious_(S122)

We'll take a look at that the request no problem but just want to be sure you know that you can also edit within the game to explore future or hypothetical loadouts. AKA don't have to wait for us to play and explore.

(in reply to Kynth)
Post #: 1558
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 4:02:28 PM   
Kynth

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

We'll take a look at that the request no problem but just want to be sure you know that you can also edit within the game to explore future or hypothetical loadouts. AKA don't have to wait for us to play and explore.

Yep, love the editing features so far (and the .scen/imports/lua developments to date) :)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1559
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 5/11/2015 4:14:00 PM   
Kynth

North Korea has test fired an SLBM called "North Star" (Polaris?) from a submarine.

The submarine is almost certainly a reverse engineered Soviet/Russian Golf-class, called the Sinpo-class.

Some debate whether the missiles are based on the R-21 / SS-N-5's that the Golf-class typically carried or if they are R-27 / SS-N-6's.

The latter is most likely as those are the missiles that North Korea has been parading derivative land-based versions and may have had access to Russian/Chinese stretched Golf that was used to test R-27.

http://www.news.com.au/world/satellite-photos-reveal-north-korea-has-built-its-own-submarine-capable-of-carrying-ballistic-missiles/story-fndir2ev-1227110449919

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/north-korea-tests-sub-launched-ballistic-missile-capabi-1703424510

(in reply to Kynth)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI