Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another "I don't know how i've done this" now... - 5/12/2015 8:53:45 PM   
Spenser

Noticed during RTB phase that i somehow had managed to stack 4 land units in Antwerpen, two CW corps, one CW division and one disrupted US division...
Didn't notice this during land movement as i as usual relied on the game to gimme the big "X" when stacking limits apply...

Attached save game is from the land movement phase, and it seems you can move a full stack of CW units into Antwerpen despite there already being a US division there, but if you switch to the US the stacking limits do apply, and once you have switched to US the limits henceforth also applies to the CW

Spenser

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this"... - 5/13/2015 2:59:38 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spenser

Noticed during RTB phase that i somehow had managed to stack 4 land units in Antwerpen, two CW corps, one CW division and one disrupted US division...
Didn't notice this during land movement as i as usual relied on the game to gimme the big "X" when stacking limits apply...

Attached save game is from the land movement phase, and it seems you can move a full stack of CW units into Antwerpen despite there already being a US division there, but if you switch to the US the stacking limits do apply, and once you have switched to US the limits henceforth also applies to the CW

Spenser

The program will often let you overstack units when returning them to port (at various points in the sequence of play). But it should warn you about that and ask whether you want to actually overstack the hex. Perhaps the code is only checking the naval stacking limits?

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 2
RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this"... - 5/13/2015 5:29:40 AM   
Spenser

Hi!
Well, that is the case during return to base but when i noticed that Antwerpen was already overstacked, i reloaded the game in the land movement phase and found that i could overstack with CW units as described.
So the problem is that the game lets me overstack during land movement, this must surely be a bug?

Spenser

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this"... - 1/21/2017 7:40:49 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Hi!
Well, that is the case during return to base but when i noticed that Antwerpen was already overstacked, i reloaded the game in the land movement phase and found that i could overstack with CW units as described.
So the problem is that the game lets me overstack during land movement, this must surely be a bug?

Spenser

Using your saved game I could not reproduce the problem during the land movement phase.

As I described above, it is possible to overstack in a port using naval moves, but the program should warn you about that and force you to correct the problem at the end of the phase.

Steve

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 4
RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this"... - 1/23/2017 8:53:16 AM   
BrianJH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Hi!

Spenser

Using your saved game I could not reproduce the problem during the land movement phase.

As I described above, it is possible to overstack in a port using naval moves, but the program should warn you about that and force you to correct the problem at the end of the phase.

Steve, I noticed that Spenser's save game that was posted is using a really old version of the code. Version 1.4.0 I think. Is it possible that this problem existed then, and has been subsequently fixed in later builds?

Brian.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this"... - 1/23/2017 4:55:28 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Hi!

Spenser

Steve, I noticed that Spenser's save game that was posted is using a really old version of the code. Version 1.4.0 I think. Is it possible that this problem existed then, and has been subsequently fixed in later builds?

Brian.

Not that I recall. Stacking limits of land units is handled by really ancient code (from the 1990's). But the ability to overstack by moving naval transports into port carrying land units is possible - hopefully with a warning by the program about the impending overstacking.

Steve

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI