Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 2:54:13 PM   
CrusssDaddy

I do feel a bit smug, I won't deny it. But let's you be honest as well: that smugness arises as a reaction to the fact that I and an unfortunately small number of others brought up years ago legitimate concerns about Matrix, Steve and obvious flaws in the MWiF process and how they were managing it and characterizing it, and these concerns were variously ignored, belittled, or at best swept aside by perhaps well-meaning but ultimately empty appeals to authority. "How many games have YOU programmed???" was of course the most common refrain, along with "Matrix knows what it's doing" in the face of obvious evidence that Matrix either didn't know what it was doing or didn't care, either stance a fatal blow to MWiF. Again, this went on for YEARS.

So yeah, I'm smug now. This community has earned it. Instead of bemoaning your difficulty in composing a defense for Matrix, you should reconsider what exactly they have done to earn a defense.

(in reply to cfc20045)
Post #: 31
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 2:57:10 PM   
AlbertN

quote:

For the majority of this little project I've been quietly watching from afar, all the way back to when Steve first got involved. I eagerly bought the game upon release and have for the most part enjoyed my playing experience and therefore have continued to patiently wait for bug fixes and improvements to stability. I must however admit to becoming rather disillusioned whilst playing the latest (official) release v1.3.3.0 and I seem to have encountered more bugs and crashes than ever before! To be fair this may be in part be to my better understanding of the rules and what to expect as well as playing with a lot more of the optional rules. However I do think that we are now at a crossroads and decisions need to be made about the future (if any) of the games development. For example is all the recent work on NetPlay worthwhile? I don't see any attempts or examples of anybody attempting to play via NetPlay! Surely it would make more sense to get solitaire working without major issues first, each new version seems to introduce new bugs to the solitaire play, with this in mind, would it not make sense to develop two versions separately from one another, one solitaire and one for NetPlay i.e Steve could work on the Netplay bugs without impacting Solitaire players. Obviously in an ideal world this wouldn't be necessary but as we all know this isn't an ideal world.

Well on that department I think that if I was to pick between a "Barbarossa Scenario" functional Netplay, and to have to use indirect ways for a "Global War" 1939 Campaign used in single player mode but played effectively in Multiplayer (Due to Skype, or other means) - I'd pick the latter.

Sure Barbarossa can be the start for Netplay - but that's a tip of the iceberg workload wise.
Bugs are for everything. So Optional Rules are. Heck I'd even re-code for Raw8 whereas possible, more than jumping into Netplay / AI (But that's just me wanting to play with the up to date rules of a game, being a tabletop gamer. It's like having an Errata Corrige coming out and ignoring it.)

(in reply to cfc20045)
Post #: 32
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 3:29:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

I do feel a bit smug, I won't deny it. But let's you be honest as well: that smugness arises as a reaction to the fact that I and an unfortunately small number of others brought up years ago legitimate concerns about Matrix, Steve and obvious flaws in the MWiF process and how they were managing it and characterizing it, and these concerns were variously ignored, belittled, or at best swept aside by perhaps well-meaning but ultimately empty appeals to authority. "How many games have YOU programmed???" was of course the most common refrain, along with "Matrix knows what it's doing" in the face of obvious evidence that Matrix either didn't know what it was doing or didn't care, either stance a fatal blow to MWiF. Again, this went on for YEARS.

So yeah, I'm smug now. This community has earned it. Instead of bemoaning your difficulty in composing a defense for Matrix, you should reconsider what exactly they have done to earn a defense.
warspite1

No, and not for the first time you simply don't understand. You can feel as smug and self satisfied as you like, but we are the ones that have been playing and enjoying the game in the meantime.

The other point is that coming up with problems is easy - its how you solve them within what is achievable that is the difficult part. Saying you identified issues is easy. You invariably stated the game would never come out, Matrix didn't want the game out, other companies (all nameless) with unlimited budgets were dying to develop this game and Matrix were stopping them from doing so. All total nonsense of course, but it made you feel good.

Is it perfect? No. But is playing MWIF now preferable to not playing? Yep, big time. So you carry on feeling smug and we'll carry on having fun.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/29/2015 11:00:37 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 33
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:02:22 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Keep playing, Captain Salty. I'll also keep playing CWiF, which conveniently allows you to transport resources, trace correct supply AND return to base. IT MUST BE MAGIC?!?!?!?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:06:17 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian
But yet I think MWiF reminds me of a famous old children's song about an ant and a rubber tree plant. When I look in the AAR threads, I see rubber tree plants moving...

hmmm, do you mind if I ask where you're from? Where I'm from we don't have a famous children's song about an ant and a rubber tree plant?

76mm I am from South Philly, we have the Mafia and Pats steaks but I never heard of the rubber tree plants, and ANTS?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 35
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:12:23 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: NielsJuel

Sorry, it was just that you mentioned a certain forum troll that wrote that Matrix had abandoned the game. It sounded similar to what I wrote.
Im just disappointed and frustrated and maybe a little touchy and thin skinned, sorry about that.

I do not think warspite was calling you a troll. But I am sick and tired of that word. These forums are supposed to be about free speech. If a person does not like the state of affairs with MWIF and so expresses himself or herself in an unfriendly manner or in a very negative manner so what.

I dislike the word and it is used too often if somebody does not think exactly as some posters think they should about whatever.

Bo

(in reply to NielsJuel)
Post #: 36
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:14:05 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Keep playing, Captain Salty. I'll also keep playing CWiF, which conveniently allows you to transport resources, trace correct supply AND return to base. IT MUST BE MAGIC?!?!?!?
warspite1

bo got General Goofy and I get Captain Salty?? Can I at least be one of the seven dwarfs too please? How about Admiral Dopey?

Post #: 37
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:21:33 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Hmm, Rear Admiral Dingus may suit. I'll think on it over the weekend and let you know.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 38
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:27:37 PM   
warspite1

Thank-you for your consideration.

Post #: 39
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:36:56 PM   
bo

I know I am on thin ice warspite when centuur agrees with you about my post. Now I am not a member of the high IQ Mensa society which a member would be intelligent enough to drop this subject. I tried to join them but I missed by oh lets say a mere 100 points

Again should Matrix or Erik say something, okay for sake of argument he says I have nothing to say at this moment about the state of MWIF, would that suffice, HELL NO! You called it an outburst by me, maybe someone could rescue me please as I seem to not be pleasing certain posters.

If he has not one speck of MWIF information to give out, some might say he is using "common sense" not to say anything.

Please warspite do not take this to heart, I have no doubt that you read all of the beta posts everyday day in and every day out, I know I do as most of the beta testers do.

You can give more information about the state of MWIF in 10 seconds then Erik could in a month. And if that is the case what information can you give the general forums about bugs that still remain, no netplay, no halfmap scenarios, no optional rules no AI etc.

You know exactly where we stand, or you would if more information was forthcoming from the powers that be. But of course that is not your responsibility to do that, it is Erik's.

Please warspite not trying to cross swords with you, I do not know if Erik even reads the Mwif beta forums or even questions the programmer where he stands on the game. I finally agree he should say something.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 5/28/2015 5:52:39 PM >

(in reply to Viktor_Kormel_slith)
Post #: 40
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 4:40:57 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

bo got General Goofy and I get Captain Salty?? Can I at least be one of the seven dwarfs too please? How about Admiral Dopey?

I did like the General part, at least he recognized that.

Bo

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 41
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 5:03:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

I know I am on thin ice warspite when centuur agrees with you about my post. Now I am not a member of the high IQ Mensa society which a member would be intelligent enough to drop this subject. I tried to join them but I missed by oh lets say a mere 100 points

Again should Matrix or Erik say something, okay for sake of argument he says I have nothing to say at this moment about the state of MWIF, would that suffice, HELL NO! You called it an outburst by me, maybe someone could rescue me please as I seem to not be pleasing certain posters.

If he has not one speck of MWIF information to give out, some might say he is using "common sense" not to say anything.

Please warspite do not take this to heart, I have no doubt that you read all of the beta posts everyday day in and every day out, I know I do as most of the beta testers do.

You can give more information about the state of MWIF in 10 seconds then Erik could in a month. And if that is the case what information can you give the general forums about bugs that still remain, no netplay, no halfmap scenarios, no optional rules no AI etc.

You know exactly where we stand, or you would if more information was forthcoming from the powers that be. But of course that is not your responsibility to do that, it is Erik's.

Please warspite not trying to cross swords with you, I do not know if Erik even reads the Mwif beta forums or even questions the programmer where he stands on the game. I finally agree he should say something.

Bo
warspite1

I am glad we are all agreed

Its like you take your car to a garage as there is some sort of problem with it. The mechanic says he will look at it and phone you the next day. The next day comes and goes - no phone call. Why? he said he would phone. Does this mean he has looked at it and can't find the problem, has he not looked at it yet? What? I need the flippin' car!

Its just sloblocks from a customer service perspective.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 42
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 5:23:25 PM   
WarHunter

Looks like the Dwarves are discussing this also. Fires them up before a battle.
Apology for any real life resemblance.

Attachment (1)

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 5:30:41 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Warhunter you are so perceptive, you have hit the nail right on the head I noticed you made me the handsome guy with all the curly hair as Mr AI, you thought I would not notice that, a little levity never hurts. Where is centuur and warspite and god forbid crussdaddy

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 5/28/2015 6:33:25 PM >

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 44
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 7:23:02 PM   
Centuur

quote:

You don't have MWIF, so why are you still around? You are the one person here I can't stand or respect, because you are destructive and not interested in MWIF at all, since you are sooo happy with that relic which is also full of bugs called CWIF. Even when you say things which might be valid, I can't stand the fact that you are always talking about the past and that you've warned about this and that. That's pretty much crap and you know it. Criticism from the sidelines without any constructive content...

Now, I can perfectly understand all people who've bought this game and are very unhappy. I respect those people, because they have valid complaints. There are even people who are contributing to getting things right by posting and mailing bugs, after paying a large sum of money for something which isn't up to standards. All those have the right to complain, moan, be impatient, shout, scream and so on. Every right. Because they have invested money...

You, however, are nothing but a troll at the moment. That's sad, really really sad. You think you know how things are at the moment. Let me tell you one thing: anyone who's bought this game has more knowledge on MWIF and the bugs in it. You know nothing and are always saying this and that and it's so and so. Get a life somewhere else...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 5/28/2015 8:24:24 PM >

Peter

Post #: 45
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/28/2015 8:02:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Warhunter you are so perceptive, you have hit the nail right on the head I noticed you made me the handsome guy with all the curly hair as Mr AI, you thought I would not notice that, a little levity never hurts. Where is centuur and warspite and god forbid crussdaddy

Bo
warspite1

Here I am!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 46
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/29/2015 12:22:34 PM   
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Hey I wanted to be Grumpy Dwarf!

Sorry, for my bad english! "Wiffing" since 1990 to the tomb!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 47
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/29/2015 12:38:41 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viktor_Kormel

Hey I wanted to be Grumpy Dwarf!
warspite1

Sorry mate - no chance. There is only one Admiral of the Fleet Sir Grumpy warspite1

(in reply to Viktor_Kormel_slith)
Post #: 48
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/29/2015 3:04:47 PM   
Omnius

I opted to take a break and wait for the game engine to mature and have more bugs fixed. Hopefully things will improve with time and more information from Matrix. I imagine we'll have to wait for the next version to come out that has everything intended before we really can enjoy MWiF.

Omnius

(in reply to cfc20045)
Post #: 49
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/31/2015 2:38:00 AM   
tom730_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

You don't have MWIF, so why are you still around? You are the one person here I can't stand or respect, because you are destructive and not interested in MWIF at all, since you are sooo happy with that relic which is also full of bugs called CWIF. Even when you say things which might be valid, I can't stand the fact that you are always talking about the past and that you've warned about this and that. That's pretty much crap and you know it. Criticism from the sidelines without any constructive content...

Now, I can perfectly understand all people who've bought this game and are very unhappy. I respect those people, because they have valid complaints. There are even people who are contributing to getting things right by posting and mailing bugs, after paying a large sum of money for something which isn't up to standards. All those have the right to complain, moan, be impatient, shout, scream and so on. Every right. Because they have invested money...

You, however, are nothing but a troll at the moment. That's sad, really really sad. You think you know how things are at the moment. Let me tell you one thing: anyone who's bought this game has more knowledge on MWIF and the bugs in it. You know nothing and are always saying this and that and it's so and so. Get a life somewhere else...

Well said, I have to agree. I don't understand "trolling" anyway - do people really have so little going on in their lives that this option seems a good use of the relatively short amount of time we have on this planet?
Still loving the game, warts and all!

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 50
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/31/2015 1:39:00 PM   
Numdydar

Why yes they do And not just here but everywhere else too. Maybe they have a club

Anyone that has played any online games know there are people that are willing to sit and wait and wait at a spot just to kill a newbie or the first person to go through there. Many times for no gain at all.

I don't understand this at all. And as Cruss has told me several times, I do not have to. And he is right.

What I find disappointing is that Cruss HAS provided good ideas in the past that have helped me with the game. I just wished he would do that more. And while I do not have to, I really would like to know why he prefers to be critical without solutions/suggestions when he has the knowledge to be far more helpful

(in reply to tom730_slith)
Post #: 51
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/31/2015 4:24:26 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Why yes they do And not just here but everywhere else too. Maybe they have a club

Anyone that has played any online games know there are people that are willing to sit and wait and wait at a spot just to kill a newbie or the first person to go through there. Many times for no gain at all.

I don't understand this at all. And as Cruss has told me several times, I do not have to. And he is right.

What I find disappointing is that Cruss HAS provided good ideas in the past that have helped me with the game. I just wished he would do that more. And while I do not have to, I really would like to know why he prefers to be critical without solutions/suggestions when he has the knowledge to be far more helpful

+ 1

Bo

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 52
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 5/31/2015 4:49:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

He has been asked this many times in the past.

I remember when CrusssDaddy came to the forum - and fair enough he was enthusiastic about the game and, like us all, clearly looking forward to playing the game.

Then, at some point, the unfortunate reality set in that the game wasn't going to be finished any time soon. This reality of course dawned on all who have followed the game over the years; some of us have accepted it and continue to support the project, some have dipped in and out, checking on progress from time to time, and some have given up, left the forum having tired of ever seeing this game either launched or - having been launched - of seeing it finished.

But instead of taking any of these approaches, CrusssDaddy has instead just hung around like a bad smell, heckling from the cheap seats, knocking from time to time Matrix, Steve and the beta testers. Some of his comments aimed at Steve when Steve was going through some really bad health issues were quite disgusting. It is this last point that sets him apart from someone just bitter about a game that didn't work out as he wanted, to being a vile troll. He has pronounced on all sorts, expounding wild conspiracy theories (Matrix actively don't want the game out) to nonsense about how he knows loads of companies that would develop the game properly - all of which have mega budgets apparently.....

What makes this behaviour doubly puzzling is that he has admitted that the game is not for him - he doesn't like the graphics or the lack of de-bugger for example. Admitting the game is not one you would buy you would think would be sufficient to just walk away and get on with your life, but....

The question as to why he behaves this way has been asked repeatedly, but always ignored - no doubt because he is too embarrassed to admit the real reason. Fact is we know anyway. He believes the game will ultimately fail and he wants to waste his life waiting for that to happen just so he can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so".

Pathetic.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/31/2015 6:16:55 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 53
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 1:36:28 AM   
CrusssDaddy

:'(

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 54
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 2:07:02 AM   
tevans6220

I read this whole discussion and quite honestly the state of MWiF really doesn't surprise me. Matrix sells works in progress. I can safely say that because I own 40 Matrix titles and can't think of one game that was actually completely finished when sold. Most games have taken multiple patches over the years. You can understand some bugs making it through and patches for them. But some games are/were still in development after release. Some still don't work right.

Personally there are two high priced purchases I've made from Matrix that I really regret: MWiF and EiA. Both games have one thing in common. They are one man jobs. There is no team of developers. After years of waiting for a playable, relatively bug free EiA game which could be played against a competent AI, I've given up. My patience for MWiF is wearing thin too. I bought MWiF when it released and was led to believe by Matrix that the game needed just minor patching then work would start on Netplay and AI. Here we are almost 1 1/2 years later and it seems as if nothing has changed. The books are nice but all they do is sit on my nightstand and collect dust. Maybe resources should have been better spent by hiring a team of developers for this project. Heaven forbid but what if something happens to Steve? At this point it seems as though the MWiF project lives and dies with him.

It's no wonder people are upset. I know that I've stopped buying from Matrix because of this. Just once I'd like to buy a game that was actually finished. Bugs and patches for bugs are understandable. But when things are still being patched years after then maybe things are getting released too soon.

< Message edited by tevans6220 -- 6/1/2015 3:08:17 AM >

Post #: 55
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 2:53:53 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: tevans6220

I read this whole discussion and quite honestly the state of MWiF really doesn't surprise me. Matrix sells works in progress. I can safely say that because I own 40 Matrix titles and can't think of one game that was actually completely finished when sold. Most games have taken multiple patches over the years. You can understand some bugs making it through and patches for them. But some games are/were still in development after release. Some still don't work right.

Personally there are two high priced purchases I've made from Matrix that I really regret: MWiF and EiA. Both games have one thing in common. They are one man jobs. There is no team of developers. After years of waiting for a playable, relatively bug free EiA game which could be played against a competent AI, I've given up. My patience for MWiF is wearing thin too. I bought MWiF when it released and was led to believe by Matrix that the game needed just minor patching then work would start on Netplay and AI. Here we are almost 1 1/2 years later and it seems as if nothing has changed. The books are nice but all they do is sit on my nightstand and collect dust. Maybe resources should have been better spent by hiring a team of developers for this project. Heaven forbid but what if something happens to Steve? At this point it seems as though the MWiF project lives and dies with him.

It's no wonder people are upset. I know that I've stopped buying from Matrix because of this. Just once I'd like to buy a game that was actually finished. Bugs and patches for bugs are understandable. But when things are still being patched years after then maybe things are getting released too soon.

You mention that the state of MWIF does not really surprise you because you mention that most of Matrix games are not completed right. You read where there was just minor patching to be involved with than netplay and then an AI.

People were lucky they got that much information, when the beta testers heard that initial offering date of Nov 7th 2013 we were dumbfounded by that. Several of us went to Steve personally in person and by posts and e-mails and pleaded that the date had to be pushed back indefinitely.

Someone was sleeping at the controls of Matrix take your pick, If the beta testers had not raised cane there might have been no disclosures, let alone what you read. I was and maybe still am a beta tester [who knows] that feels he was mislead especially about the AI not due to out and out lying but due to an ego that could solve anything but could not.

I would love to know how Matrix operates when it comes to supporting programmers games. I guess we will never know the answer to that as they seem to be very secretive. I have quite a few Matrix games that not only do not have good game life but are not supported anymore. But that is on me I guess.

This is truly a wonderful game by ADG, I have never seen a game like it and am very saddened by its state of play right now. The play testers here have taken a lot of heat when this game was released, we did not deserve all of the anger because we fought to have this game tabled for awhile which has now turned out a year and a half later still unplayable except for most of solo play.

There's a lot more but what point will it do to rehash it over and over.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 6/1/2015 4:13:30 AM >

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 56
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 2:57:25 AM   
Extraneous

quote:

quote:

quote:

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

I remember when CrusssDaddy came to the forum - and fair enough he was enthusiastic about the game and, like us all, clearly looking forward to playing the game.

Then, at some point, the unfortunate reality set in that the game wasn't going to be finished any time soon. This reality of course dawned on all who have followed the game over the years; some of us have accepted it and continue to support the project, some have dipped in and out, checking on progress from time to time, and some have given up, left the forum having tired of ever seeing this game either launched or - having been launched - of seeing it finished.

But instead of taking any of these approaches, CrusssDaddy has instead just hung around like a bad smell, heckling from the cheap seats, knocking from time to time Matrix, Steve and the beta testers. Some of his comments aimed at Steve when Steve was going through some really bad health issues were quite disgusting. It is this last point that sets him apart from someone just bitter about a game that didn't work out as he wanted, to being a vile troll. He has pronounced on all sorts, expounding wild conspiracy theories (Matrix actively don't want the game out) to nonsense about how he knows loads of companies that would develop the game properly - all of which have mega budgets apparently.....

What makes this behaviour doubly puzzling is that he has admitted that the game is not for him - he doesn't like the graphics or the lack of de-bugger for example. Admitting the game is not one you would buy you would think would be sufficient to just walk away and get on with your life, but....

The question as to why he behaves this way has been asked repeatedly, but always ignored - no doubt because he is too embarrassed to admit the real reason. Fact is we know anyway. He believes the game will ultimately fail and he wants to waste his life waiting for that to happen just so he can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so".

Pathetic.

If he is a troll (which I doubt) you have given him a success.

You waste time on long winded posts.

And his reply is?

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 57
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 3:27:38 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

quote:

quote:

quote:

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

Pathetic.

If he is a troll (which I doubt) you have given him a success.

You waste time on long winded posts.

And his reply is?

warspite1

Your definition of a troll and mine appear different. You doubt he is a troll. Okay that is your view.

Not sure what your definition is but let's see:

- He has not bought the game
- He states the game is not for him and has no intention of buying the game yet continues to hang around the forum
- Despite the above he sticks around - and has done for years - just so, he hopes and prays, he can say "I told you so"
- He slates Matrix, Steve, the Beta Testers - and one time had a personal totally unprovoked and unpleasant dual with Neilster (maybe he thought Neilster was a Beta Tester too?).

Now do not get me wrong. He can slag off who he likes (within forum rules) but firstly, vicious remarks about someone with a life threatening illness is just sick. Secondly, evidencing unhappiness with the state of the game and at Matrix and/or the developer is fair game (within forum rules) as there is plenty to be unhappy about - but when you haven't bought, and have no wish to buy, a game? GET.A.LIFE.

I will decide whether something is a waste of my time and I do not consider this to be so - just unfortunate that it is necessary. There are people here that do not go back sufficiently long to have seen the posts aimed at Steve. They were disgusting and people need to understand what they are dealing with.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 58
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 3:41:36 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

At last! A reply that is not just like you. A complete waste of space.

Paul

Post #: 59
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 4:30:15 AM   
76mm

quote:

The play testers here have taken a lot of heat when this game was released, we did not deserve all of the anger because we fought to have this game tabled for awhile which has now turned out a year and a half later still unplayable except for most of solo play.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think that the play testers have gotten much heat; most people seem to realize that the state of the game was not the play testers' fault at all, I know I do. I do, however, think that it is obvious that either Matrix did inadequate testing or--hopefully not--knew the state of the game very well and released anyway. Your latest post makes it sound like the latter... :-((

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI