Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/27/2015 4:41:58 PM   
Kynth

[ADDED DB v436]

A number of Victor K.2's also had a "Falklands mod" version.

The windows in the bomb aimer's area of the nose had been plated over when they were converted from bombers to tankers, however for the Falklands conflict the windows were reinstated in order to fit a trio of F95 reconnaissance cameras, similar to the Canberra PR.9 arrangement but forwards and oblique left/right, for surveillance flights as well as refuelling.

Source: "RAF Strike Command 1968-2007: Aircraft, Men and Action" p162-163 by Darling. K. (2012). Casemate Publishers. ISBN 1-84884-898-6.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/30/2015 10:10:45 AM >

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1591
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/28/2015 12:04:22 AM   
Spinflight

Do new units have to be based upon real life systems or is there room for some technically feasible conjecture?

The Skyhook system for instance that allowed Harriers to operate from a small vessel or land that was equipped with a Skyhook crane?

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1592
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/29/2015 7:35:17 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spinflight

Do new units have to be based upon real life systems or is there room for some technically feasible conjecture?

The Skyhook system for instance that allowed Harriers to operate from a small vessel or land that was equipped with a Skyhook crane?

If you have stats for this please send it.

Mike

(in reply to Spinflight)
Post #: 1593
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/29/2015 7:49:31 PM   
mikmykWS

[ADDED DB v436]

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I know this unit might need a bit of conjecture involved...
Has anyone added a unit, "mobile off shore basing"?

I know I saw it gamed once...

Thank you!

These units are available in the database

Look at T-MLP-1 Montford Point and T-MLP-3/AFSB-1 Lewis B. Puller

Thanks!

M

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/30/2015 10:12:52 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 1594
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/29/2015 7:52:31 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ojms

Hi,

This unit http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataFacility?ID=1001075 is in the CWDB could it also be added to the DB3000 as it was deployed until 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet

MM38 (surface-launched)- deployed on warships. Range : 42 km. No longer produced (1970). A coast defence version known as "Excalibur" was developed in the United Kingdom and deployed in Gibraltar from 1985-1997.[6]

Thanks.

Added to our list. There are version of a ground launched exocet in the db already if you need a stand in. Search for MM.40 and MM.38

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1595
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/29/2015 8:02:17 PM   
mikmykWS

Added all requests to our list up until this point.

Thanks all!

Mike

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 1596
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/30/2015 6:59:32 AM   
SASR

[ADDED DB pre-v436]

Weapon Request
ESSM Block 2

Improved kinematic performance over ESSM Block 1
New active seeker
Deployed by 2020
Joint Acquisition - US, Australia, Canada, Denmark, The Netherlands, Norway and Turkey

From : military/com/daily-news/2015/05/07/navy-spends-16b-to-upgrade-carrier-and-amphib-ship-defenses.html

"The weapon is slated to be fully operational on ships by 2020."
"ESSM Block 2 is being jointly acquired by the U.S. and a number of allied countries such as Australia, Canada, Denmark, The Netherlands, Norway and Turkey"

Probable designation will be RIM-162E

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/30/2015 10:13:13 AM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1597
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/30/2015 9:47:53 AM   
Luidzi

[FIXED DB v436]

EA-6B Prowler ICAP II Block 89, year 1994 and 1999 (ID 1579, 2274, 2315 and 2316) uses an ALQ-99G ECM pod in its 1x HARM, 4x Pod loadout. They should use ALQ-99I as in the rest of their loadouts.
Also, their short-range 5x ALQ-99I Pod loadout uses wrong name - it is labeled as ALQ-99J, Short-Range. Correct name of the loadout should be also ALQ-99I.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/30/2015 10:40:27 PM >

(in reply to SASR)
Post #: 1598
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/31/2015 7:14:42 PM   
SASR

Reported AIM-120D range is 97 miles compared to the 75 miles in-game.

defensetech/org/2014/02/18/test-pilot-calls-for-longer-range-aim-120/
"The latest model, the D-model, can fly Mach 4 with a range of about 180 kilometers or about 97 nautical miles."

(in reply to Luidzi)
Post #: 1599
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 5/31/2015 9:21:33 PM   
Vici Supreme

[UPDATED DB v438]

Hello community.

Found some discrepancies with #1796 FFG 14 Almirante Latorre of the Chilean Navy. Naval Analyses.com did an analyses of the class and claims the sensors to be different from that in the game. In the past, the guys from the website have done a great job reviewing navy ships and their analyses are always well sourced and documented. You may want to take a look!

Cheers!

Supreme

http://navalanalyses.blogspot.de/2015/05/jacob-van-heemskerck-class-frigates-of.html
http://www.thales7seas.com/html_2014/platform99.html

(Edit: fixed link)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/4/2015 10:20:20 PM >

(in reply to SASR)
Post #: 1600
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/4/2015 4:44:12 PM   
Liare

[UPDATED / ADDED DB v437]

i do apologize for somewhat lackcluster sourcing here, but most of mine are in Danish and thus not terribly useful unless you speak that specific dialect of Viking, besides as a newbie i cannot post links. :(

to get things started.
all RDAF F-35XD/RF-35XD Drakens need their SAX-500 radars removed, the RDAF Drakens where strike planes first and foremost and never carried radars in RDAF service.
the AGM-12D Bullpup was in inventory in 1982 for the Draken's usage.
Later Draken models in game seem to have dropped the Bullpup entirely, but it was not really retired from service until the 1990's, though it's effectiveness is debatable to put it politely.
the 1986 upgrade added the LRMTS system, as seen on the Jaguar GR.1A, along with a inertial navigation system, the upgrade is called WDNS, Weapons Delivery and Navigation System.
RF-35XD's where capable of taking up the strike role on par with the F-35XD's, the differences where two-fold, the lack of a single ADEN cannon, and the lack of the LRMTS system on the post 1986 upgraded Drakens, the latter could possibly be refitted in place of the nose camera, but i have no reliable source for that.
TF-35XD is missing entirely.
Willemoes Class FAC craft could carry both 2x2 and 2x4 Harpoon launchers, wartime would have been 2x4 on as many as possible.
a number of classes are missing, including the Søløven class MTB and Narhvalen Class subs (205 type german boats), i have a decent link with the full cold-war complement, but as is wrote before, the forum wont let me post links. :(
Langeland's 150mm guns is the same type as the ones at Stevnfort, though without the former Gneisenau turrets to enclose them, the guns at Stevns are however twin mounts, each fortification had 4 of the guns in total.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 10:30:31 PM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 1601
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/4/2015 9:10:44 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: SASR

"The latest model, the D-model, can fly Mach 4 with a range of about 180 kilometers or about 97 nautical miles."

Thanks!

But not sure it would out-range the Meteor? And a 40nm range increase over -120C-5 with a mere 6-inch motor extension? Hmmm... Right now it has a 15nm range advantage, that seems more fair?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to SASR)
Post #: 1602
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/4/2015 9:39:17 PM   
ComDev

Thanks Liare,

I understand Danish so feel free to post

Mods in DB v438:

- Updated radar
- My sources say the Bullpup was phased out in 1982, when most other European air forces stopped using it too. Hence the cut-off date in the database.
- Added strike loadouts to recon version.
- Added: "TF-35XD Draken -- Denmark (Air Force), 1972-1992, 6x"
- Willemoes Harpoon loadout: Scenario designer has the ability to change the launchers to wartime loadout if needed, in the scenario editor
- Updated forts.

After 5 posts or so you should be able to post links. Would be great to see what you have been able to dig up of info on the missing subs and MTBs.

Thanks again!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liare

i do apologize for somewhat lackcluster sourcing here, but most of mine are in Danish and thus not terribly useful unless you speak that specific dialect of Viking, besides as a newbie i cannot post links. :(

to get things started.
all RDAF F-35XD/RF-35XD Drakens need their SAX-500 radars removed, the RDAF Drakens where strike planes first and foremost and never carried radars in RDAF service.
the AGM-12D Bullpup was in inventory in 1982 for the Draken's usage.
Later Draken models in game seem to have dropped the Bullpup entirely, but it was not really retired from service until the 1990's, though it's effectiveness is debatable to put it politely.
the 1986 upgrade added the LRMTS system, as seen on the Jaguar GR.1A, along with a inertial navigation system, the upgrade is called WDNS, Weapons Delivery and Navigation System.
RF-35XD's where capable of taking up the strike role on par with the F-35XD's, the differences where two-fold, the lack of a single ADEN cannon, and the lack of the LRMTS system on the post 1986 upgraded Drakens, the latter could possibly be refitted in place of the nose camera, but i have no reliable source for that.
TF-35XD is missing entirely.
Willemoes Class FAC craft could carry both 2x2 and 2x4 Harpoon launchers, wartime would have been 2x4 on as many as possible.
a number of classes are missing, including the Søløven class MTB and Narhvalen Class subs (205 type german boats), i have a decent link with the full cold-war complement, but as is wrote before, the forum wont let me post links. :(
Langeland's 150mm guns is the same type as the ones at Stevnfort, though without the former Gneisenau turrets to enclose them, the guns at Stevns are however twin mounts, each fortification had 4 of the guns in total.

(in reply to Liare)
Post #: 1603
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/5/2015 9:34:33 PM   
Triode

[UPDATED DB v437]

about system Paket-NK ,#2694 - Paket-NK in database

from R.Krasilnikov "Anti-unmanned vehicles systems - an asymmetrical response to the threats of the XXI century"

part 3.2 "The destruction of combat unmanned vehicles"
http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/1023866/9/Krasilnikov_-_Sistemy_borby_s_neobitaemymi_apparatami_-_asimmetrichnyy_otvet_na_ugrozy_XXI_veka.html

citation :

"The complex "Paket-NK" includes torpedo MTT and antitorpedo M-15 caliber 324 mm, shoots from the modular launcher SM-588 with the use of powder pressure accumulators.

The complex produces:

- According to the ship's sonar systems production targeting data for the use of torpedoes MTT against submarine;

- Detection, classification and definition of the parameters of motion torpedo attack craft, production of targeting for the use of antitorpedo M-15;

- Prelaunch training modules combat means, production and commissioning of the data-fire them, firing antitorpedoes and torpedoes;

- Management of launchers."

So in Paket-NK there is two torpedoes , Antitorpedo M-15 and torpedo MTT

MTT torpedo

according to M. Klimov (former torpedo officer from pr.949A, who participated in the creation of Paket-NK)
http://www.google.ru/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjABOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cast.ru%2Ffiles%2F6_2013_Torpedoes.pdf&ei=jwhyVdyTDczQ7Abbt4CABA&usg=AFQjCNF5RojkswwFyCAJEhrgOOXl0WjUxQ

MTT have characteristics:
range and speed :
first mode (search of target) - 30 kts/ 20km
second mode (attack) - 50 kts
range of torpedo seeker 2.5 km

M-15 antitorpedo

http://www.e-reading.club/bookimage.php?book=1023866&image=i_042.jpg

characteristics from R.Krasilnikov book:
" M-15 is reactive torpedo with an acoustic homing . Weight of torpedo 400 kg , speed - 50 knots, the depth of up to 800 m, the effective range of 800-1000 m.

After start-up, on the initial phase of the trajectory, antitorpedo moves with inertial control systems by the program, given from the ship . When torpedo approach to target by 400 m. Turn on active-passive acoustic homing system of antitorpedo. Antitorpedo M-15 is equipped with a homing and proximity fuse, which allows the detonate of its 80-kilogram warhead close to the target"

Could you ,please, correct the wrong things in database?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/6/2015 7:59:16 AM >

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 1604
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/6/2015 12:06:03 AM   
mikmykWS

Added this to our list of updates.

Mike

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1605
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/6/2015 9:38:29 AM   
Broncepulido

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SASR

Thanks!

But not sure it would out-range the Meteor? And a 40nm range increase over -120C-5 with a mere 6-inch motor extension? Hmmm... Right now it has a 15nm range advantage, that seems more fair?

I think the Meteor published ranges are with purpose a deception, it should be most probably near 200 nm, as stated in some range notes on the Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_(missile) ,i.e., as three times the not escape zone of AIM-120C7 (if not for get a similar range, you don't need a ramjet). I'm for years Air Forces Monthly subscriptor, but I don't remember the cite, but I suppose it should be true.

< Message edited by Broncepulido -- 6/6/2015 4:25:21 PM >

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 1606
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/6/2015 2:09:40 PM   
caiman_

[ADDED / UPDATED DB v439]

Hello

i just wanted to bump the following great post of FoxZz, i guess it has been missed in the last DB update.
Anyway thank you for the continuous support of the game.

quote:

Hi, there is some errors concerning French units of the database for the Build 678.3:

First of all, some units are not fitted with the right Exocet version :

- Atlantique II maritime patrol aicraft should have AM.39 Exocet block II instead of the AM.39 exocet block I in its 2009 version
- F70 AA Frigates should have MM.40 block II instead of MM.40 block I from 2006 up to today versions.
- Lafayette frigate in its 1996 version should have the MM.40 block II since this ship has been introduced with the last available missile and its 2014 version should have MM.40 Exocet Block III, its previous block II have been converted in block III.
- Rubis class submarine in its 2012 version should have SM.39 exocet block II

About submarines :

- Le Triomphant SSBN has a magazine of 18 weapons + 4 already loaded in torpedo tubes, and it can carry both torpedos and Exocet missiles. Currently ingame, it only carries 12 Torpedos. This should be corrected. Exocet should be SM.39 block II for the 2012 version (ID #456) and block I for the 1998 version (#158). It should also get the shrouded/advanced proplusor property (pump jet). A new 2016 version should be created for the entry in service of the F21 Artemis Torpedo. This new version should also introduce M51.2 ballistic missiles with the new TNO nuclear head instead of the TN 75.It lacks Syracuse satcom (II and III in its last version)

- Rubis class SSN, in addition to the already above-mentionned exocet issue, a new version of this submarine should be introdued in the DB for the introduction of the F21 Artemis Torpedo in replacement of the F17 one, in 2016. It lacks Syracuse III satcom.

- Barracuda Suffren class SSN, it can carry 20 weapons in magazine (not 16 as currently displayed) in addition to 4 weapons already loaded in torpedo tubes. In addition of torpedos and exocet missiles, it will also carry SCALP Naval cruise missiles which will be launched by torpedo tubes in the same fashion as exocet missiles (hence all weapons in the same magazine). Surface version of the Scalp MdCN and submarine version are identical, it can also deploy FG29 mines. Only difference is surface ones are stored into a sylver while submarine one are stored into a dedicated capsule. Barracuda should also be classified as a SSN, and get the following properties : Non magnetic hull, shock resistant, shrouded propulsor/advanced propulsor (pump jet). It is also fitted with a dry dock shelter for special forces insertion.It also lacks the Syracuse III system as well as the Link 16.

About surface ships :

- Horizon class frigates should be armed with 2*20mm F2 GIAT guns instead of the 30mm Oerlikon currenlty displayed. It should also get the Syracuse III satcom. The ships also lacks the 2 SADRAL Mistral mounts they are fitted with IRL. They also lacks docking facilities for RHIBs.

- Aquitaine class frigates lacks Link 16, as well as Syracuse III stacom. It's propulsion is CODLOG (Combined diesel electric or gaz, not CODAG, the very silent electric propulsion is used until 16 knots. French Fremm max speed is 28 knots. Its small artillery is based on 2 Narwhal teleoperated 20mm guns by Nexter not standard F2 FIAT 20mm guns.
Info on the Narwhal

- La Fayette class light frigates lacks the Syracuse II satcom as well as the Praire/masker ability. It should also get MM40 block III in its last version, as explained above. They lack docking facilities for RHIB

About Prairie/masker capability, The 3 above mentionned ships are stealth frigates which have been build to be as discreet as possible in both radar and IR field than in accoustic field. However, those ships begin to Cavitate very early ingame (8 knots) which is kind of weid. Especially since the Aquitaine class frigate is said very silent up to 16 knots, as well as Horizon class and Lafayette class which are said to be very efficient in this field. I didn't found anything on the net saying Aquitaine or Horizon could have a Prairie/masker system, however, considering that Lafayette have one, that those ships are the legacy of the Lafayette, and that they have been thought as stealth since the begining, I guess they have something similar. I asked for further infomations, but still, those ships shouldn't cavitate so early.
EDIT : I still wait more info for FREMM and Horizon, but F70 ASM frigates were fitted with a Prairie Masker too
EDIT 2 : FREMM and Horizon Frigates doesn't use a Prairie Masker system because they don't need it, they used technologies from nuclear submarines to redducced directly the noises prodduced by the ship by isolating the engines from the hull, and other features, so masking noise isn't necessary anymore. Moreover, they also improved propellers by otptimizing their shape and so on. FREMM frigates also use fix blades on electric mode (up to 16 knots) which greatly reducce the risks of cavitation. So Indeed, cavitation should happend at much higher speed than it is currently, like 16 knots.

- R91 Charles de Gaulle carrier lacks its Syracuse satcom (II and III in the last version). The Carrier magazine lacks also importants weapons, it doesn't have a buddy buddy refuelling system (generic buddy store), it lacks a stock of Ecocet SM.39 block II for the Rafale, it lacks a stock of Apache anti runway cruise missiles and different kind of GBUs used by the Rafale (I'll come back to this point later on). A new 2017 version should be implemented with Only Rafale equipement, and also Meteor missile loadout, and more cargo space due too the space freed by the retirement of the SEM and its maintenance machines, this new 2017 version will also include a new Heraklès radar to replace the Arabel, several old radars will also be replaced like DRBJ11b and the DRBV26.

- Mistral class LHD/LPD lacks Link 11/22, Link 16, Syracuse III satcom. Its 30mm guns should be replaced with 20mm F2 GIAT guns and 20mm Narwhal in its last version.

- Meuse class Tankers should receive Syracuse III satcom.

EDIT : F70 ASM Frigates should be fitted with a Prairie Masker too.

About Aircrafts :

- A400M, it lacks the Terrain following mode, the "AR-400" RWR, the "MIRAS" MAWS, the Night Vision Goggles, the Link 16, the Directionnal Infrared Counter mesures (DIRCM), the LWR, the "saphir 400" decoys launcher. It should also have a Helmet mounted sight display (same as the Tiger one)

- The E3F Sentry in its last version lacks the Link 16

- The E2C Hawkeye lacks a Satcom

- the A330 MRTT lacks a satcom and link 16.

- The Br Atlantique 2 can take 8 MU90 in ASW, ingame it's only 7. 15 ATl2 will be modernised (signed in 2013) and those will have better detetection performances both surface and underwater, and will have Link 16, 22 and a satcom. It will also include enhanced self protection capabilities such as automated decoys and MAWS, maybe this version can be included in the next updatee.

- NH90 Caiman, those helicopters belong to the Army not the Air force, the Saphir M decoys should operate without OODA, it's automated.

- Tigre HAD and HAP, they should also operate Saphir M decoys without OODA delays, it's automated. It lacks the loadout with 8 hellfire (2*4) and 24 SNEB rocket (2*12), which would be the main loadout of the Tiger HAD. Tiger HAP also lacks the loadouts with the Fuel tank and the sneb rockets, just make the same as the HAD.

- The Mirage 2000-5F should have the Link 16 in its 2012 version. The Plane should also have a loadout "interception" with 1 center line 1300L fuel tank, 4 mica EM and 2 MICA IR. The Mirage 2000 should also get 4.9 agility has its F16 and Mig 29 counterparts, mainly because their manoauvrability is very close from each others (The Mirage even having an edge).

- The Rafale :

Sensors :

- OSF and OSF IT ecompasses a laser rangefinder which isn't present ingame. The IT version in an improved version with a much longer range than the standard OSF and this should also be translated ingame.

- OSF IRST, the IRST was indeed removed on the 2014 version (F3-O4T) due to obsolescence and will come back in the F3R standars in 2018. The lack of IRST is compensated by the Mica IR head that is IRST capable and with the DDM, but also with the improved TV version (OSF-IT) which is very good according to the pilots. But the F3R version should have the OSF-IR IRST it. I suggest also to find a way to represent the Mica IR IRST capability.

- Spectra DDM and DDM NG should be implemented ingame in the same manner as the EO-DAS of the F35, it's a 360° infrared surveillance that can detect and track any hot source at very long distances such as the rocket boost of a missile being fired, the exhaust fume or the heating of the head of the missile. The DDM NG is an imrpoved version of the DDm with a longer range and a better resolution. So I suggest the same thing than on the F-35 a 360° IR captor in addition to the standard MAWS. DDM NG accuracy will be use for a future DIRCM implementation

- Spectra EW system : This system does ELINT and SIGINT as well as RWR and LWR, the ELINT function should be implemented. Indeed, this system is not only a RWR but a complete electronic warfare suit which can detect an emission with a 1° accuracy and classify and identify it in its database before applying the proper jamming, it can also give a fire solution. Which brings us to the next point, Spectra can do both offensive and defensive jamming by the game dfinition. In game Defensive jamming happend only just before the hit roll of the incomming missile, but Rafale jamming goes well beyond that since it can directly jamm, in stealthy manner, the ennemy radar and sensors. This ingame should be translated into an offesnive jamming capability both in air to air and air to ground.
Each generation of rafale (F1, F2, F3, F3.4, F3R) improves the power and the capabilities of Spectra with lastly GaN antennas.

- With the F3R version, Rafale will get a new designation pod that works both in A/A and A/G, the Tallios, would be nice if it was implemented.

- Data Fusion on the Rafale brings all the informations gathered by the different sensors of the plane and brings the pilot one clear picture of the situation, this give him a very good situation awarness, which should definitely reducce by a fair margin the OODA cycle, but I don't know how this can be done.

Properties :

- Rafale should definitealy get the Supermanouverability property as the Typhoon and the Raptor as it largely matches those. And I would also argue for it getting 5.5 agility.

- Rafale M should also get Advanced Bombing sights INS/GPS it doesn't have it currenlty while other versions got it.

- All the versions should get as well Night Navigation and Attack since the Rafale is as much a fighter than a bomber and that it can use all its weaponnery including gun both night and day.

- About the HMD/S It's most likely that the Rafale will have one for the F3R version. It should already have got one for the F3 standard (Sagem gerfaut) but due to technical issues, it has been delayed, but with the recent exports to Egypyt, India and Qatar, it's most likely that it will got it in 2018.

In comms, Rafale F3R doesn't have an AMRAAM datalink but a Meteor Datalink, one way only.

Weapons/Loadouts :

- Since the F3 standard, all the Rafale whatever the version can use the same weapons. For example, B and C Rafale can shoot the Exocet as much as the M, and use the buddy buddy pod as well, and the M can use all the GBU collection. So there is several weapons that should be made available for different versions.

- Several lacks to the inventory of each other : GBU 16 for the F3R, GBU 49 since 2012, GBU 22, GBU 24B (standard bomb), Apache anti runway weapon, AM.39 block II and buddy store for C/B.

- With the F3R version, the hard point number 3 will be open and up to 8 missiles will be carried, some trials already have been done. I propose here to add 2 optionnal MICA-EM to existing loadouts of the F3R version.

- The Rafale in all the standard air to ground loadouts where the weapon is carried under the center line fuselage (ASMPA, 1 scalp, 1 exocet, 1 apache and so on) use 6 missiles.

- The light CAP with only 4 missiles should only have one center line 1200L tank. In this configuration, the Rafale can supercruise up to Mach 1.6.

- The standard cap is 6 A/A missiles (including 2 Mica IR) and one center line 1200L tank, in this configuration, it can supercruise at mach 1.4. There is also versions with 2 1300L tanks and up to 3.

- The buddy buddy configuration is 1 center line refuelling pod 2 2000L tanks and 2 1250L tanks, ingame it lacks the 2 1250L tanks.

- Ground based Rafale can take 2 exocet missiles instead of 1. It would be nice to have such a loadout available.

Missiles/Weapons :

- Mistral : The Mistral family is very weirdly depicted, Mistral 1 have better stats than Mistral 2 while it should be the opposite sinc ethe Mistral 2 is an improvment of the Mistral 1, lastly, it's Probability of Hit (PH) is very low. Mistral missiles are higly precises missiles very resistent to counter-mesures and with a great manouverability, they achieved 95% hit rate in trials againt all kind of targets. It should be depicted, I would argue for a base PH of 85% for the Mistral 1 version and 90% for the Mistral II version. Secondly, all Mistral missiles have the same accuracy, doesn't matter if it's shoulder launched, simbad launched or air launched.

- Mica : First of all, this missile, in both version (both EM and IR mica share the same boddy, only the commutable head change), should have the Anti-Air dogfight capability and the High-Off Boresight stuff. Indeed this missile is remplacing both Magic II WVR missile and the Super 530 BVR missile, thus it's both a dogfight and a BVR missile. It is equipped with thrust vectoring engine and can take above 50G loading factor. It is planned to be used with an HMD (mod4) and Mica is the first missile ever to have scored a hit on a target situated in th six of the Rafale.
For all those reasons and also the very advanced mica auto director (dual band for the IR) which can resist to last counter mesures and is almost immuned to IR flares, both versions should definitely have 95% base probability of hit as other missiles of its time frame.

- AASM : This weapon isn't a glide bomb but a Rockets boosted bomb which greatly increase its range, give it an off boresight capability, and a custom trajectory (it can go up and down, it can do top attacks, etc), tanks to this, it can be fired at very low altitude and even at those very low altitude, it still have a range of 15km. Ingame, AASM should have a much lower minimum weapon release such as 300m/900ft. Also, it's accuracy is metric, not deca metric.

- ANL/SeaVenom Missile : this missile will be the new light anti-ship missile for Helicopters (NH90 and Panther for french navy)and should arrive around 2020. It would be nice if it could be implemented.

Voila, I hope you'll be able to implement those changes. I wish I could have posted links, but I had to delete those otherwise I couldn't have post, I'm not yet allowed to post links it seems.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 9:56:48 AM >

(in reply to Kynth)
Post #: 1607
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/6/2015 4:45:36 PM   
ComDev

The SS-N-19 and AS-14 are SAP warheads in the database so think they are correct?

The SS-N-2 is Shaped Charge which is also correct? Note the 'dent' that signifies a SC warhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Triode

Currently in database warheads of #109 - SS-N-19 Shipwreck [P-700 Granit],#219 - AS-14 Kedge [Kh-29T]and #2193 - AS-14 Kedge [Kh-29L] is simple HE warheads this is wrong

from site of FGUP FNPC "Altai" (manufacturer of these warheads)
#109 - SS-N-19 Shipwreck [P-700 Granit]
#219 - AS-14 Kedge [Kh-29T]and #2193 - AS-14 Kedge [Kh-29L]
both are high-explosive penetrating warhead accordind to FGUP FNPC "Altai"

also accordind to FGUP FNPC "Altai" #1365 - SS-N-2a Styx [P-15],#1364 - SS-N-2b Styx [P-15U],#1477 - SS-N-2c Improved Styx [P-15M],#1597 - SS-N-2d Improved Styx [P-20M]
have high-explosive cumulative warhead

source:
http://frpc.secna.ru/spec/pkr.php anti-ship missiles warheads in russian
http://frpc.secna.ru/spec/ar.php aviation missiles warheads in russian

can you please make necessary changes in database

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1608
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/6/2015 5:55:25 PM   
Triode

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

The SS-N-19 and AS-14 are SAP warheads in the database so think they are correct?

The SS-N-2 is Shaped Charge which is also correct? Note the 'dent' that signifies a SC warhead

Yes I think this is correct changes , thank you

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 1609
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/6/2015 9:23:27 PM   
ExNusquam

I noted in the most recent DB update,the DDG 1000's Mk57 PVLS lost it's ability to carry SM-2/6s. This is incorrect, as per this document from navsea (page 8): http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Media/SNA2015/JAN13-2-Downey.pdf

The combat systems on the Zumwalt can't guide the Standards, since it's not AEGIS, but it can certainly carry the weapons and act as a shooter for an AEGIS ship.

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1610
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/6/2015 9:32:42 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: caiman_

Hello

i just wanted to bump the following great post of FoxZz, i guess it has been missed in the last DB update.
Anyway thank you for the continuous support of the game.

quote:

Hi, there is some errors concerning French units of the database for the Build 678.3:

First of all, some units are not fitted with the right Exocet version :

- Atlantique II maritime patrol aicraft should have AM.39 Exocet block II instead of the AM.39 exocet block I in its 2009 version
- F70 AA Frigates should have MM.40 block II instead of MM.40 block I from 2006 up to today versions.
- Lafayette frigate in its 1996 version should have the MM.40 block II since this ship has been introduced with the last available missile and its 2014 version should have MM.40 Exocet Block III, its previous block II have been converted in block III.
- Rubis class submarine in its 2012 version should have SM.39 exocet block II

etc etc...

Thanks for the bump :) It has not been forgotten, it just ended up a little further down on the list as it requires a fair bit of work

(in reply to caiman_)
Post #: 1611
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/6/2015 9:34:55 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

I noted in the most recent DB update,the DDG 1000's Mk57 PVLS lost it's ability to carry SM-2/6s. This is incorrect, as per this document from navsea (page 8): http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Media/SNA2015/JAN13-2-Downey.pdf

The combat systems on the Zumwalt can't guide the Standards, since it's not AEGIS, but it can certainly carry the weapons and act as a shooter for an AEGIS ship.

Yeah okay will have to test how the SAMs behave when we put a datalinked terminally-guided SARH weapon into the VLS of a ship that cannot guide it at all (lacking both datalink and illuminator). Anyone?

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 1612
RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? - 6/6/2015 9:44:11 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: jun5896

Could I ask you to do me a big favor?

I found cancelled project ship in database. So I hope to add some new future ships. I will use new future scenarios

It's likes

Incheon Class Batch 2 and 3 - Batch 2 was starting to built 5 days ago. (South Korea)
Sigma Class (Vietnam)
Project 21956 New Anti-air Destroyer (Russia) 12 ships 10,000t planned 2023~25
Type 055 Destroyer (China) Chinese Aegis system Destroyer, 12,000 - 13,000t planned 2017~19
Type 081 LHA (China) Hong Kong media says China is building 50,000-ton amphibious warship to carry J-10 VTOL fighters, 2015 by huanqiu site
Type 001A CV 17 (China) likes Chinese Ulyanovsk Class Carrier. Also It was starting to bulit
25DD class destroyer(Japan) New 5,000 ton Destroyer

And other new plan's ships.

And Pak-Fa,J-31 Naval variant, J-10 VTOL variant for new LHA Ships.

Sorry I cannot paste source links. If this game support database editor I tried.. But I can't find it.

I know I have no right to ask you for this, But I should be most obliged if you would grant my request.

Ouch... there really isn't much to go on with these... Not even basic stats such as length/beam, and no pennant number or name either.

My advice would be to find a similar unit in the database and alter it through the built-in platform editing tools. The tools allow you to add/remove mounts, magazines, sensors and comm systems (weapon datalinks), and also alter the contents of mounts and magazines.

(in reply to jun5896)
Post #: 1613
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/6/2015 11:10:09 PM   
ExNusquam

quote:

Yeah okay will have to test how the SAMs behave when we put a datalinked terminally-guided SARH weapon into the VLS of a ship that cannot guide it at all (lacking both datalink and illuminator). Anyone?

Just ran a quick test on this-
The Zumwalt does in game, in fact have an AEGIS datalink - which supports the ESSMs and SM-3s fine.
The SM-6's also launch and shoot fine, as they are active terminal and have a datalink to support them.
The SM-2s, however, will refuse to launch, citing "No weapons director available to illuminate target". Although, come to think of it, I'm not sure if co-operative illumination of SARH missiles has ever been modeled.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 1614
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 7:39:40 AM   
Triode

[ADDED / UPDATED DB v439]

finding logic behind some decisions of Russian Ministry of Defence ... sometimes this is not easy task

long time ago there is a plane Su-39(Su-25TM) ,great upgrade of Su-25

able to use ARM,have L-150 "Pastel" and DECM station MPS-410 "Omul",with radar "Kopio" under the fuselage
but MoD say "too costly" ,choose Su-25SM upgrade and signed two contracts for 43 and 36 planes

in 2012 came Su-25SM with L-150 "Pastel" (Unofficialy caled Su-25SM2)

at the end of the wing yelow symbols "ÁËÎÊÈ Ë-150" wich means Blocks of L-150

so this Su-25SM can fire ARM through "Pastel", since "Pastel" able, citation from manufacturer site :
"Management guidance of six heads of anti-radar missiles (ARM) and give to them targeting data;"
http://www.ckba.net/main.php?id=23# in russian

and in Q4 2015 came so called Su-25SM3
from KRET 2014 annual report page 30-32 :
http://www.e-disclosure.ru/portal/FileLoad.ashx?Fileid=1064784 in russian
from this report Su-25SM3 will have L370-3S-K-25 "Vitebsk", closest relative of

L370-5 "Vitebsk"(export variant called "President-S"), sustem installed on Ka-52 and Ka-52K
here is info from manufacturer:
"President S" includes the following station (blocks) that can be placed as a core and options in various combinations depending on the type and destination of the aircraft:

control unit (CU);
Station radar illumination warning (ACT);
Station laser illumination warning (SPLO);
Station Missile Aproach Warning (spra);
ejection device : passive antiradar cartridges, infrared cartridges ,disposable active jammers cartridges (PPOI);
Station active jammer (SAP);
incoherent station optical-electronic suppression (SOEP);
Laser station optical-electronic suppression (LSOEP).
http://niiekran.ru/prod_president.php in russian

characteristics of active jammer station:
* Work Sector,°.:
working sector may be adjusted based on the results of placement on the site.
azimuth 120
elevation 60
Operating frequency range, G ... J
The energy potential, W 150
Number of simultaneously suppressed RES 4
http://niiekran.ru/prod_sap.php in russian

characteristics of Laser station optical-electronic suppression :

Range, m 500-5000
Working sector,
in azimuth, deg 360
elevation, degrees 90
http://niiekran.ru/prod_lsoep.php in russian

so SU-25SM3 looks like:

Also on Su-25SM3 there is SOLT-25 (station optical laser thermal) instead of Klen-PS,citation:

"Instead of the old sighting system "Klen" will be new ,under the index SOLT-25 (system optical , laser, thermal). As is clear from abbreviations, the complex combines a laser range finder and a high-resolution television camera, combined with the thermal imager.

- At first pilots registered in the TTZ(tactical technical specification) for equipment night vision goggles and helmet pointer. You know,like the American pilots are have optical devices in the eye so he could see location of the target. But in the course of work this was rejected as SOLT-25 allows the pilot to do it without things in the eye

http://izvestia.ru/news/544801#ixzz3cLyDhZuD in russian

only thing Su-25SM3 lacking, in comparison to Su-39(25TM) is radar under fuselage , but I feel I already know what MoD will want to add in next upgrade

So, can you please add Su-25SM2 and Su-25SM3 in database with ability to use Kh-58 and Kh-25MP, as both modifications can take up this missiles on their pylons and both have L-150 "Pastel" able to put data in ARM ?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 10:36:52 AM >

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 1615
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 1:20:18 PM   
mikmykWS

Updated our master list to this point. Thanks guys!

Mike

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1616
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 2:35:38 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tailhook

I'm not seeing the option to load any KH-31 A's to the SU-34, SU-24M, or SU-24M2 via loadout. All are listed as "Air Force" but I can't find any Navy variants in the DB (these are meant to be Crimean Defenders, which is a SU-24M Naval Aviation Squadron). I can load the P ARM version just fine. I have been able to load them with the MiG-29K "Navy". I'm using 1.06, DB3000 Build 420 in a scenario set in 2017. I think there's a bug here as all should be able to load the -31A (and say they can).

Also the Bastion system is missing the Monolit-B radar system. An article on Janes (I can't post links) lists a system as comprising two TELs and two Monolit-B radars, presumably command vehicles.

I do not think the Kh-31 anti-ship variant is in Russian service? The Su-34s all belong to the Air Force it seems, and the Navy never got any of the upgraded Su-24M2s. Anyone care to shed some more light on this? Thanks!

The Monolit-B radar has been added to Bastion system, thanks!

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 1617
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 6:01:27 PM   
Triode

[UPDATED DB v439]

I doubt that Kh-31A exist in some large quantity in RuAF. In 2008-2011 MoD buy something like ~400 unspecified Kh-31 missiles (as example 146 in 2009 and 75 in 2010)
but I think it is Kh-31P and K-31PK for Su-34, KTRV never give type of missile they sell for russian MoD in their annual reports , always unspecified Kh-38,Kh-31,Kh-35

Currently MoD buy Kh-31PD for Su-35S, citation from "Herald of corporation KTRV" January 2015 page 2

"As example, anti-radiation missile Kh-58, can be installed inside the T-50 and is suspended on Su-35S. Another example - anti-ship missile X-59MK. After it was increased its range, it is can be used effectively by these types of aircraft. Recently was launched into serial production missile X-31PD, which also used for armaments of these types of aircraft"
http://ktrv.ru/files.images/ktrv_vestnik_01_2015.pdf in russian
So,Kh-31PD in production for Su-35S

And about Kh-31AD , upgrade of Kh-31A

from "Development, testing And serial production precision weapons" report by Advisory council on legislative support development of the defense-industrial complex
under the Chairman of the Federation Council Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation , citation from page 12:
"In the area of military air forces - a new weapon for the fighter 5th generation. it also includes a new anti-ship missiles of air basing - high speed Kh-31AD, low-altitude Kh-35UE and Kh-59MK"
http://council.gov.ru/media/files/41d46c1ff354d063bebd.pdf n russian

So even if MoD will buy some AShM Kh-31 variant it will be Kh-31AD after end of testing and since Kh-31AD cant be used with Su-24,M,M2 and dont end tests with Su-34,Mig-29K and T-50,
I expect that first contract for Kh-31AD will be signed in 2017-2019

also funny things from KTRV annual reports:

from annual report 2012:
"Prepared and submitted to the JSC "Rosoboronexport" materials products Kh-31P, PD to address adaptation of this weapon on the plane "Rafale", as well as basic data for the preparation of commercial offers for the supply of products X-31PD in India."

Rafale with Kh-31PD

"delivery of products X-31A to Vietnam in the amount of 49.6 million USD"

so in 2012 Kh-31A still in production

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 10:56:41 AM >

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 1618
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 7:36:01 PM   
Vici Supreme

[ADDED DB v439]

RQ-4B Global Hawk Block 40 for NATO AGS

http://www.janes.com/article/52037/northrop-grumman-unveils-nato-s-first-global-hawk-uav
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/northrop-unveils-nato-1-global-hawk-destined-for-europe-413126/
Thanks

(Edit: last link was unavailable to the public)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 11:15:27 AM >

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1619
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/7/2015 10:36:33 PM   
Vici Supreme

[UPDATED DB v439]

Three minor corrections to the Global Hawk's, Triton's and Grey Eagle's sensor suite.

- Platform #2579 - MQ-1C Grey Eagle UAV is equipped with the AN/ZPY-1 STARLite radar, not the original AN/ZPY-3 MFAS of the Triton.

- Platform #2848 - RQ-4B Global HAWK Blk 40 UAV is missing the belly-mounted AN/ZPY-2 MP-RTIP.

- The correct designation of #5006 - AN/ZPY-1 MFAS that is carried by #2846 - MQ-4C Triton UAV [Global Hawk Mod] is AN/ZPY-3 MFAS.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/av/military/STARLite-Vision_73154.html#.VXS8Ks_tmko

quote:

the Army credits STARLite with greater than 40 kilometer range and better than 0.3 meter resolution.

I do have some scens with these aircrafts included. Please take the time and look into this. Thanks!

http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/STARLite/Documents/starlite.pdf
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/mprtip/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/MFAS/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/GlobalHawkLogisticsServices/Documents/pageDocs/globalhawk_block40.pdf
http://defense-update.com/20130307_global-hawk-joint-stars-share-target-tracks-on-first-joint-mission.html#.VXSiz8_tmko

< Message edited by emsoy -- 6/14/2015 11:09:24 AM >

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 1620
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Stickied thread for minor database issues? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI