Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General question regarding Country PP?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> General question regarding Country PP? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General question regarding Country PP? - 6/3/2015 8:31:40 PM   
kirk23

Hi guys I would like to know your feelings regarding Country PP, or the lack off Country PP ?

Would you like to see each Country, with much more PP than at the present time, so that it gives you more options on what units you can build, or allocate to increasing your Ammo production etc?

Or are you happier having to be more selective and restricted, with the limited PPs available?

I personally would like more PP available, but it is not down to me, its your game to play how you want to play.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 6/3/2015 9:35:10 PM >

Make it so!
Post #: 1
RE: General question regarding Country PP? - 6/3/2015 9:38:48 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hi guys I would like to know your feelings regarding Country PP, or the lack off Country PP ?

Would you like to see each Country, with much more PP than at the present time, so that it gives you more options on what units you can build, or allocate to increasing your Ammo production etc?

Or are you happier having to be more selective and restricted, with the limited PPs available?

I personally would like more PP available, but it is not down to me, its your game to play how you want to play.

I'll have to admit this: If you change the upkeep of SGs as you have indicated for the next patch, in other words, there will no disbanding of SGs to gain PP on the following turn will make a big difference in how the allocated PP at present is used. Not all players, be it in SP or MP disband SGs to increase their PP, I for one, I do, but not necessarily all the SGs. The ones I keep are in vulnerable locations, others like in the deepest regions of Russia don't seem practicable to have on the map, for if CP has gotten that far into that country Russia is lost anyways, so what's the point of having them there, where their value could be brought into play by disbanding .

OK, with that out of the way: I don't think myself or others could honestly put a PP increase up or down concisely till a game is played under your new rules. Let me point this out: In the "present game version" if an SG get's killed off, your PP actually goes up (next turn)! So the constant back and forth of battles involving SGs causes predicted PP totals to fluctuate, so I think it is somewhat difficult to gauge right now what the individual country's PP should be in another patch for this alone. Of course there are different points of view about how the PP appropriation should be handled and would be only too glad to read what they have to say...

Also there could be trouble with having too much PP early in the game, for then events will happen all that much quicker, games ending way too early.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 2
RE: General question regarding Country PP? - 6/7/2015 9:04:15 PM   
AdmiralSarek

definitely make the SG maintenance 0.

If there are more PP's to go around I would expect the western front to more quickly enter stalemate, with double rows of infantry backed up by double rows of fighters. Manpower losses might actual become a problem for Germany, France and the UK.
Also with more PP's we might see more naval invasions, shipbuilding, attacking other countries etc as players have the resources to be a bit more creative.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 3
RE: General question regarding Country PP? - 6/8/2015 7:45:00 AM   
kirk23

Yes I agree, if a Country has more PPs at their disposal, the Western Front for example, will be even more of a stale mate, with the front lines being 2 or 3 levels deep! Even the AI builds more Infantry etc, while I have been play testing with Countries having more PP available, to build whatever they want. The game does not finish quicker,with more units on the map,it is harder. The only major problem is keeping an eye on MANPOWER!

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 6/8/2015 8:46:26 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to AdmiralSarek)
Post #: 4
RE: General question regarding Country PP? - 6/8/2015 10:41:40 AM   
AdmiralSarek

would the amount of convoys get increased as well?

can we change to two different types of production points, heavy and light.
The heavy ones are for planes, ships artillery etc.
While the light are for infantry, cavalry.

So for example Russia would have lots of light pp"s but not so much in the heavy pp's department.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> General question regarding Country PP? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI