Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VCR Playback Not Working

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> VCR Playback Not Working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VCR Playback Not Working - 3/16/2003 2:40:43 AM   
patriot101

I have played a couple of dozen SP WaW PBeM batles using version 7.1, and never had a problem using the VCR playback feature. I am now playing a battle with an opponent, where the VCR playback will not work. When I click the VCR playback, my mouse cursor freezes over the playback button, and I cannot get the mosue to move. The background music plays, but the PC is locked up. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
- 3/16/2003 3:09:53 AM   
Supervisor

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory [B]c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save[/B]

(in reply to patriot101)
Post #: 2
RE: vcr playback - 3/16/2003 7:53:58 AM   
patriot101

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save

------------

He did send a *.rec file. He sent a .aux, .cmt, .dat and .rec. I am playng another PBem with an opponent as well. I am only having the problem with one opponent. I will also add that I am playing two battles at the same time, where both opponenets have chosen email slot #4. I have been careful to swap out all four save files for each of the opponents from the /email directory. What of this steel.prf file? Is there a chance that something is getting messed up somewhere else since I am sharing an email slot, even though I am swapping out all of the email4.* files between opponents?

(in reply to patriot101)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> VCR Playback Not Working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI