VCR Playback Not Working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

patriot101 -> VCR Playback Not Working (3/16/2003 2:40:43 AM)

I have played a couple of dozen SP WaW PBeM batles using version 7.1, and never had a problem using the VCR playback feature. I am now playing a battle with an opponent, where the VCR playback will not work. When I click the VCR playback, my mouse cursor freezes over the playback button, and I cannot get the mosue to move. The background music plays, but the PC is locked up. Any ideas?

Supervisor -> (3/16/2003 3:09:53 AM)

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory [B]c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save[/B]

patriot101 -> RE: vcr playback (3/16/2003 7:53:58 AM)

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save

------------

He did send a *.rec file. He sent a .aux, .cmt, .dat and .rec. I am playng another PBem with an opponent as well. I am only having the problem with one opponent. I will also add that I am playing two battles at the same time, where both opponenets have chosen email slot #4. I have been careful to swap out all four save files for each of the opponents from the /email directory. What of this steel.prf file? Is there a chance that something is getting messed up somewhere else since I am sharing an email slot, even though I am swapping out all of the email4.* files between opponents?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI