Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Firepower and range relationship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Firepower and range relationship Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firepower and range relationship - 6/12/2015 3:44:20 PM   
Nox0s

I am having trouble understanding how this works. If I pull up say a German Engineer Platoon 30 unit, it says it has a soft attack value of "3" in the F2 unit description screen. When I click on the little range display within said screen it shows a value of 18 at point blank range. This is from 6 Strength x that value of 3 correct?

Why then does a 6 SP Pzgr 42 platoon only show a value of 12 at point blank, when it has a higher soft attack value of 4?
Post #: 1
RE: Firepower and range relationship - 6/12/2015 3:52:49 PM   
Jason Petho

Is your platoon fatigued? Disrupted? Targeting something in defensive fortifications? The math is taken care of for you, but there are a lot of behind the scenes calculations to determine what your final attack value is.

Can you post a screenshot?

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 2
RE: Firepower and range relationship - 6/13/2015 1:36:33 AM   
Deepstuff3725

Really like the game.

Just wondering if there could be an "option" to have aircraft be played more like the other units in the game?

For instance, the unit could be moved around the map similar to a tank or infantry unit. There could be high movement allowance per turn, much more than regular ground units, and this amount could vary depending on the performance capability of each aircraft.
For firepower, it could have separate ratings for air to ground and air to air, and in the game you can choose between a ground attack or air to air attack during the turn.
Perhaps each aircraft would have a minimum movement requirement to keep the plane in the air.

Thinking this could add another level of fun and strategy to the game.

Could this be done?

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Firepower and range relationship - 6/13/2015 1:55:57 AM   
Deepstuff3725

Sorry, the post above was meant for the Wish List section.
Jeff

(in reply to Deepstuff3725)
Post #: 4
RE: Firepower and range relationship - 6/13/2015 8:21:54 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deepstuff123

Really like the game.

Just wondering if there could be an "option" to have aircraft be played more like the other units in the game?

For instance, the unit could be moved around the map similar to a tank or infantry unit. There could be high movement allowance per turn, much more than regular ground units, and this amount could vary depending on the performance capability of each aircraft.
For firepower, it could have separate ratings for air to ground and air to air, and in the game you can choose between a ground attack or air to air attack during the turn.
Perhaps each aircraft would have a minimum movement requirement to keep the plane in the air.

Thinking this could add another level of fun and strategy to the game.

Could this be done?

Hello Deepstuff,

JTCS already has on-map aircraft, not many scenarios use them though.

So what you might want to do is open a favorite scenario of yours using the editors, first add on-map aircraft to OOB file using OOB Editor, then add them to the battle using the Scenario Editor.

Use "Save As" function with Scenario Editor to save the scenario file under a new name, if you want to preserve the original. You could also add something to the scenario title, such as from WF: "Too Little Too Late" -> "Too Little Too Late - With On-Map Aircraft".

On-map aircraft are explained from page 126 on your manual, and there's a Bootcamp scenario for them as well.

I hope you enjoy them

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 6/13/2015 9:51:59 AM >

(in reply to Deepstuff3725)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Firepower and range relationship Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI