Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's going on?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> What's going on? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's going on? - 4/5/2015 5:42:36 PM   
WilliePete

In January of 2014 Steve wrote that it wouldn't be released the first quarter of 2014, but "definitely this year." Surely it must be completed by now and release has been put on hold, waiting for a certain strategic date to be released? I hate to sound negative, but what's going on with this game?

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Post #: 1
RE: What's going on? - 6/5/2015 6:37:43 PM   
WilliePete

With June 6th almost here, I would think that this date would be appropriate to at least answer my question if it can't be released.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 2
RE: What's going on? - 6/6/2015 9:41:04 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

By the information which we know, the game will be released the between the second quarter or the third from the year, more probably the third. But we know new information about it after the meeting home of the wargames 2015.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 3
RE: What's going on? - 6/7/2015 9:31:04 AM   
kweniston

Correction.

Looking forward to the release.

< Message edited by kweniston -- 6/7/2015 10:32:13 AM >

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 4
RE: What's going on? - 6/7/2015 11:47:46 PM   
WilliePete

thanks, I hope everything works out.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 5
RE: What's going on? - 6/8/2015 6:04:14 PM   
SteveMcClaire

The game is in development and planned for release this year. :)

Steve

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 6
RE: What's going on? - 6/8/2015 8:40:40 PM   
Sevath

That's great news. Thanks for the update. Do you know if it will be released on steam?

I just picked up a couple of your Close Combat games, Gateway and Cross of Iron, and am really enjoying them. I loved Russian Front back in the day.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 7
RE: What's going on? - 6/13/2015 5:02:41 PM   
platoonspare

Cant wait.....

(in reply to Sevath)
Post #: 8
RE: What's going on? - 6/15/2015 4:06:58 PM   
Miro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The game is in development and planned for release this year. :)

Funny

Post #: 9
RE: What's going on? - 6/23/2015 8:49:48 AM   
Miro

Steve ---> What is the stage ? Alpha, late alpha, early beta, beta, maybe gold ?

(in reply to Miro)
Post #: 10
RE: What's going on? - 7/20/2015 7:46:32 PM   
Kanov

We passed half a year already, no new screenies? at least a vehicle? or an AT gun?

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to Miro)
Post #: 11
RE: What's going on? - 7/21/2015 9:09:07 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Clearly if they go to publish it this year, I would wait a beta after the summer (if there is one for this game) and the game would be published before end the year, at XMas. It looks far but at two months, the summer will be gone.

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 12
RE: What's going on? - 7/23/2015 11:32:26 AM   
Gripen

First off, I'm grateful and happy CC is still being developed, and specially on a nice new 3D engine but still keeping some of the old style.

What I'm really surprised about is that in my opinion (and I'm sure it is shared) there is so little information / marketing happening for this game. Why? Share (a bit of) the goods with us all, get us excited! Write some blog with what you are working on, if you're not sure if it will make it in the final game say so, it doesn't matter.

You know, if you or someone else of your team could for example just post something every Friday. Two or three screenshots and write a few lines what you have been working on that week, or some cool features of the game or a short 10 sec youtube video (Example: A Sherman attacking or rifle squad entering a house) it would be great :)

Cya!

Post #: 13
RE: What's going on? - 7/28/2015 12:22:09 PM   
Rodmorg

Maybe a 'development diary' would come in handy for the community. Other game series, like the well-known 'Hearts of Iron' series used that sort of method to show and inspire the Hearts of Iron series community about their upcoming game - Hearts of Iron 4.

Also, I've been looking at this alpha game called Call to Rams, which is a modernized version of the popular series Men of War. It shows two screenshots and describes the two new additions which are shown in the screenshots. These are released every fortnight.

(in reply to Gripen)
Post #: 14
RE: What's going on? - 8/3/2015 2:44:01 PM   
Housies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rodmorg

Maybe a 'development diary' would come in handy for the community. Other game series, like the well-known 'Hearts of Iron' series used that sort of method to show and inspire the Hearts of Iron series community about their upcoming game - Hearts of Iron 4.

Also, I've been looking at this alpha game called Call to Rams, which is a modernized version of the popular series Men of War. It shows two screenshots and describes the two new additions which are shown in the screenshots. These are released every fortnight.

I am with you that a Dev diary surely helps to create a community and even hype a game before release.
However you can't compare the one guy who is behind this game to the whole team of paradox.

I guess we'll have live with it and just hope they continue the development. IN the meanwhile, I just get back to CC: gateway to Caen.

(in reply to Rodmorg)
Post #: 15
RE: What's going on? - 8/3/2015 7:50:08 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miro
Steve ---> What is the stage ? Alpha, late alpha, early beta, beta, maybe gold ?

We are not yet in beta. Currently we're focused on getting the look / graphical quality of the game finalized. This involves a lot of back and forth with various texture / model / code tweaks to make things look better, as well as integrating new visual effects, etc. And then I need to get the UI re-done to integrate the new graphics there. Once all that is finished we'll have something to show. :)

Steve

(in reply to Miro)
Post #: 16
RE: What's going on? - 8/4/2015 11:55:14 AM   
Rodmorg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miro

We are not yet in beta. Currently we're focused on getting the look / graphical quality of the game finalized. This involves a lot of back and forth with various texture / model / code tweaks to make things look better, as well as integrating new visual effects, etc. And then I need to get the UI re-done to integrate the new graphics there. Once all that is finished we'll have something to show. :)

Steve

Like a screenshot or a video or something?

Post #: 17
RE: What's going on? - 8/4/2015 1:44:51 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

After more of 16 years playing with the same engine, I do not see the need of hurry now. If the game is finished for 2015, it will be more than correct.

(in reply to Rodmorg)
Post #: 18
RE: What's going on? - 8/12/2015 2:39:58 AM   
Muzrub

It's been god knows how long since I last checked in and still no developments, disapointing.

Cheers.

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.

Matrix Axis of Evil

Post #: 19
RE: What's going on? - 8/12/2015 2:12:58 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Muzrub

It's been god knows how long since I last checked in and still no developments, disapointing.

Cheers.

I do not agree. The unique no development which he have not seen, it is new screenshots of videos. But Steve and other people from Slitherine has answered everything which we have asked with good amount of detail.

(in reply to Muzrub)
Post #: 20
RE: What's going on? - 8/13/2015 9:15:15 PM   
Tejszd

quote:

Cheers.

Not hearing/seeing much here or in the older close combat forums as there are outstanding bugs that have not been addressed;

WAR = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3590683
TLD = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

Matrix has done a number of patches already, which could be bad or good depending on how you want to look at.
1) why were so many patches required
2) as things are found, by the buyers, they are fixed

With another patch each to address the outstanding bugs, as long as no new bugs are introduced, these would be quality/solid games....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 8/13/2015 10:17:06 PM >

(in reply to Muzrub)
Post #: 21
RE: What's going on? - 8/14/2015 9:21:34 AM   
kweniston

I fully agree. These games are still played (of course any CC title will be played for years to come), and they are still for sale at full price. Also, a load of mods have been and still are being developed for these titles, so these games form your a large part of you player base. The bugs are well described and have been possibly addressed already in the PitF/GTC releases. Fixing the previous games will at least show your dedication to the CC community, which is worth a lot.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 22
RE: What's going on? - 8/14/2015 2:00:28 PM   
sepp3gd

Gateway to Caen is great.

< Message edited by sepp3gd -- 8/14/2015 3:13:59 PM >

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 23
RE: What's going on? - 8/15/2015 9:08:39 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

quote:

Cheers.

Not hearing/seeing much here or in the older close combat forums as there are outstanding bugs that have not been addressed;

WAR = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3590683
TLD = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA = http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

Matrix has done a number of patches already, which could be bad or good depending on how you want to look at.
1) why were so many patches required
2) as things are found, by the buyers, they are fixed

With another patch each to address the outstanding bugs, as long as no new bugs are introduced, these would be quality/solid games....

I agree at 50%. WAR, TLD, LSA, PTIF, GTC, specially they have a very bad IA. Some people say how it is a matter from big maps but I do not believe it. I have played smaller maps at them and the IA continues being very bad.

The IA is the main reason because I and probably many people, we are interested at Bloody First.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 24
RE: What's going on? - 8/26/2015 8:31:58 AM   
darbyjack

We all have to remember that Matrix Games are not used to actually making anything new for Close Combat, they normally just add some maps and sprites, calling it a 'new game'. This will be a monumental task in comparison to previous CC releases and will take some time!

Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> What's going on? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI