Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status report from subordinates?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Status report from subordinates? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status report from subordinates? - 6/19/2015 7:59:29 PM   
rudisa

Hi all,
I've asked this question on the SOW:G forum, and I was wondering if this feature works differently in this game. Anyway my question is:

Suppose I play a HITS game at army or corps level. I issue my orders, but the action is taking place far away and my POV is stuck to my character. Is there any way to request status reports from my subordinates? What kind of information can I request? Can I get a decent idea of how the battle is going just from the reports my subordinates send me (if they indeed send me anything)?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Status report from subordinates? - 6/20/2015 12:33:34 AM   
gunship24

Nice idea. The issue is that you would be spammed with situation reports from all your commanders. Imagine an army command, with all those troops you would receive many status reports, too many. We thought about this idea and in the end decided that fewer messages meant a more enjoyable game.

Scourge of War: Waterloo QA Dev Team

(in reply to rudisa)
Post #: 2
RE: Status report from subordinates? - 6/20/2015 1:34:19 PM   
rudisa

Well, my idea was more like, you would receive messages only from the subordinates directly under you. Say, if you're Napoleon, you would only receive status updates from corps commander. Things like "we've engaged the enemy", "we've reached our destination", "we need artillery support", "we're attacking this location", and so on...

There's this series of games by Peter Turcan (Waterloo, Austerlitz, and Borodino) which I'm a big fan of. I was thinking something like that, to give you an idea...

(in reply to gunship24)
Post #: 3
RE: Status report from subordinates? - 6/21/2015 11:39:51 PM   
rudisa

What I meant to ask is this: If I'm playing a HITS game at army level, what means does the game give me to get an estimate of how the battle is going? Am I going to get any reports at all?

(in reply to rudisa)
Post #: 4
RE: Status report from subordinates? - 6/22/2015 1:44:39 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: rudisa

What I meant to ask is this: If I'm playing a HITS game at army level, what means does the game give me to get an estimate of how the battle is going? Am I going to get any reports at all?

You don't get any substantial info from your subordinates. So far I have only seen reports that they are engaged.

What I do is just select the unit in the OOB. The information bar below will show the status of the unit. Depending on view restictions, it's either move the camera to the unit or is stuck with your character.

This may be a "cheat" but I see that this is a necessary action to take to simulate status reports.

(in reply to rudisa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Status report from subordinates? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI