Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/31/2015 7:48:17 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

You go to your Steam Apps folder and then Common folder like noted above. Look for War in the East folder and then open it. There should be a Save folder that you would put your sons files in.

Then when you do your turn, send your files from that same Dir to him.

Steam is just a directory collect of games. So the game file structure is pretty much identical for a Steam version install as if you installed the game as a non-steam game.

I should also point out that sometimes games create Save folders in the My Games Dir in your My Documents folder. Civ series, Hell, etc. are examples of games that do this regardless if it is a Steam version or not. It just depends on the game.

Thanks, I found it!

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 61
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/24/2015 11:58:38 AM   
Jacko

I'm seriously thinking about buying War in the East and War in the West. But I will wait for the coming sale. Will War in the West also become available on Steam?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 62
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/24/2015 7:01:02 PM   
Joel Billings

Probably someday, but no time soon.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 63
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/27/2015 11:48:38 AM   
matt.buttsworth

Three questions

1 - to try and solve the beta hot fix problems I was having I bought a steam version and only later saw that I could get a free steam key as I already own the game.
Is there a way I can get a refund and then get a free steam key. (I purchased the expansion deluxe version)
2 - How can I update the game to the latest version and then get a hot fix? It says use the version properties but on the Matrix members club site there is no mention about properties at all?
3 - does anyone have a solution about what to do with direct x. I tried to update to the latest direct x version but then it says nominate a directory to install into but when I try to do that it still says missing dll will not work.

I am finding the process with this hot fix very annoying. I never have had problems with Matrix updates before but this one has stopped me dead mid way through a game.

Matthew Buttsworth

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 64
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/27/2015 4:10:41 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: matt.buttsworth

Three questions

1 - to try and solve the beta hot fix problems I was having I bought a steam version and only later saw that I could get a free steam key as I already own the game.
Is there a way I can get a refund and then get a free steam key. (I purchased the expansion deluxe version)
2 - How can I update the game to the latest version and then get a hot fix? It says use the version properties but on the Matrix members club site there is no mention about properties at all?
3 - does anyone have a solution about what to do with direct x. I tried to update to the latest direct x version but then it says nominate a directory to install into but when I try to do that it still says missing dll will not work.

I am finding the process with this hot fix very annoying. I never have had problems with Matrix updates before but this one has stopped me dead mid way through a game.

Matthew Buttsworth

1 - You will need to contact Matrix support about that.
2 - You can always look on the bottom right of the main menu screen to see what version you have installed and what exe version you are using (if different from the last installer used). To update to the public beta you should be able to get the 1.08.05 version installer at the Member's Club (then run it). Once you see you have 1.08.05 installed, the next step is to download the 1.08.06 hotfix file from the forum. Then unzip that into the GGWitE thread that contains the War in the East .exe file. When you run that, you should see in the main menu that you have 1.08.05 installed and that you are using the 1.08.06 exe.
3 - Hopefully someone can help you with the DX9 update question as I'm not sure what is going on there.

Sorry for the issues. We are working on getting Matrix a new exe that they can use to build a new installer. Once that is available things should be easier for you as it should have the DX9 updgrade built into the installer.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to matt.buttsworth)
Post #: 65
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/27/2015 4:16:06 PM   
RedLancer

I can help with 3 - the directory to install into is a temporary directory required to unpack the exe into. Set it up somewhere you can find it. Then go there and run another exe which takes you through what you need to do. Confused me too at first.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 66
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/27/2015 10:00:57 PM   
Denniss

https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

DL and start, this will download just the missing DirectX dll files. Easier to handle for those not so deep into operating sytem issues.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 67
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 10/28/2015 9:40:35 AM   
matt.buttsworth

quote:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

Thank you. That worked perfectly.

Matt Buttsworth

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 68
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 11/21/2015 10:17:26 AM   
javimm

Hi.
I'm considering getting the game plus expansions for Christmas or a bit earlier. I have a couple of questions regarding the Matrix/Steam purchase.
Obviously, I'd rather have the game on both platforms, so I'd like to get the game on the Matrix site and get the Steam keys. The thing is that I can't seem to get the discounted price on the game plus expansions on the matrix shopping cart. When I add the three items, the total is about 110€, while the price on Steam for what they call the Deluxe version is 83€.
How can I get the discounted price on the Matrix shop?.
I'd like to know if the game goes on sale on Steam (let's say, Black Friday sale or whatever), will the price on the Matrix store reflect that change in price too?.
Thank you.

(in reply to matt.buttsworth)
Post #: 69
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 11/21/2015 3:35:11 PM   
swkuh

Thanks, the missing .dll has been solved.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 70
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 1/6/2016 11:45:46 AM   
nedjorge

I bought WitE at steam. Now I want to register the game at matrix site, but I was told it´s not possible because I don´t have a valid serial number. What?? I see no reason why not! I am very disapponted. This should be clearly stated in this thread. You are advertising that the game is available at steam but you don´t warn customers that they will never receive a valid serial number. Sorry, but not happy.

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 71
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 1/6/2016 8:28:37 PM   
STEF78

quote:

ORIGINAL: nedjorge

I bought WitE at steam. Now I want to register the game at matrix site, but I was told it´s not possible because I don´t have a valid serial number. What?? I see no reason why not! I am very disapponted. This should be clearly stated in this thread. You are advertising that the game is available at steam but you don´t warn customers that they will never receive a valid serial number. Sorry, but not happy.

Contact Matrix qupport, they will fix it http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

(in reply to nedjorge)
Post #: 72
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 1/6/2016 8:31:28 PM   
morvael

Usually it works like this:
buy at Matrix, you get Matrix key and Steam key
buy at Steam, you don't get Matrix key

< Message edited by morvael -- 1/6/2016 9:31:42 PM >

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 73
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 3/27/2017 12:44:10 PM   
Platypus

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

Usually it works like this:
buy at Matrix, you get Matrix key and Steam key
buy at Steam, you don't get Matrix key

Done my research - game looks like a krakker and worth buying.
But now I am confused....
1. What are the pros/cons in having a Matrix key + Steam key?
2. What is the total cost for the basic game + ongoing access to patches/upgrades?
3. The Easter Bunny is just around the corner...are any discounts coming up this Easter?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 74
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 3/27/2017 11:34:55 PM   
demyansk

I can see one easy way is if you have multiple machines or if you will get a new machine every few years. I usually buy from Matrix first, install from Matrix, make sure the game is registered, and then I get the Steam key and register the game on Steam. Either way is fine in my opinion. The only thing that matters is you play the game and have fun. And yes, Steam has the 2 hour return policy but I never had to do that with Matrix. Try buying from Matrix and also register through Steam and both are good.
Patches, Steam automatic and Matrix are done through the game but most people who play Matrix titles, read the forums and know about the patches.

< Message edited by demjansk -- 3/27/2017 11:36:54 PM >

(in reply to Platypus)
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI