Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[MECHANICS][Question for Developer]How much damage can fighters take beyond shields?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [MECHANICS][Question for Developer]How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[MECHANICS][Question for Developer]How much damage can ... - 7/16/2015 11:07:15 PM   
soulcatcher357

Searched all over for this, but cannot find how much damage a fighter can take after its shields go down. Is it based on Tech level and fighter type?

< Message edited by soulcatcher357 -- 7/17/2015 4:47:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? - 7/17/2015 12:47:41 AM   
RiftHick

If you mouse over the research project (completed or not) in the research window for the various fighter projects will tell you the stats for that the project does. They have their own statistics and basically all of their statistics gets improved fairly efficiently. So say you have a project that improves fighter interceptors, most if not all of their listed statistics will get improved by various amounts.

(in reply to soulcatcher357)
Post #: 2
RE: How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? - 7/17/2015 3:47:31 AM   
soulcatcher357

OK I already got that. The problem is their is NO field in Fighter.txt that corresponds to "DAMAGE POINTS TO KILL (DPTK or Hit Points)" yet there is a "Damage Repair Rate" of wither 0 or 1 for most fighters.

I created a mod to change fighter values to be about 3-5 more damaging, and need to know how much damage fighters can currently take and see if I need to change something.

Additionally the research.txt indicates only that new fighter types can be researched. None of the other research projects seem to affect fighters.

Are Hit Points are hard-coded based on the tech level?

Of the following Projects which ones affect the Hit Points of fighters: Constructions, Weapons, Engines, Reactors, Countermeasures, Targeting Computers, Armor, Fighter based on the tech level achieved?

What is the formula?
What do I need to change to adjust hit points of fighters?

(in reply to RiftHick)
Post #: 3
RE: How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? - 7/17/2015 6:20:55 AM   
Aeson

quote:

What is the formula?
What do I need to change to adjust hit points of fighters?

I don't think there is a formula, and I don't think that you can change fighter HP. Checking in game, tactical Interceptors have 100 HP, and so do the ultimate missile bombers, so I'm inclined to think that all fighters have 100 HP. Also, if you're going to play around with the fighter repair rates, remember that the note in fighters.txt indicates that the repair rate listed in the file is a multiple of 10% of the fighter's HP.

If you really want to play around with fighter survivability, I'd suggest messing around with the shield values, and perhaps the countermeasures value.

(in reply to soulcatcher357)
Post #: 4
RE: How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? - 7/17/2015 10:46:26 PM   
soulcatcher357

Yeah I saw that 100 as well which I think means 100%. I observed some fighters in combat to see how they take damage. but they are pretty overpowered and I didn't even see them get damaged. I am going to compare different versions and see how they take damage, but it would be nice to know how this is calculated.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [MECHANICS][Question for Developer]How much damage can fighters take beyond shields? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI